Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Pro players with inappropriate throwing style?
So we know there are some principles when throwing a dart, but everyone can form their own throw.

My question is, who are the pros, whose throws would better not be teached to the next generation? Who are the pro players whose throwing style is inappropriate in some way, but still works for them?

I can mention Mensur Suljovic and John Henderson, two players with not too ordinate throws.

So go on, and name some other pro players!
If I were coaching a young player like my niece and nephew, kids to whom I have given some advice, the last pros I'd advise them to emulate are Jelle Klassen and Benito van de pas. With van de pas there might be a little personal feeling behind my thought, because although I have nothing against him overall, I do cringe every time I see him throw. There are players whose styles I dislike, but when van de pas throws I can actually taste bile. When I watch videos of pro matches I've actually found myself looking away when it's his turn. 

My nephew has started emulating Adrian Lewis, rhythm-wise anyway. I'm not sure it's a good idea, at least not for a kid who has been playing less than half a year, because any time he has to stop after two throws and think about his third dart, his third dart is terrible, no exceptions. 

My niece, on the other hand, has the rhythm (or lack thereof) of Justin Pipe. Every time she steps up to the oche I start calculating as to whether I have enough time to make a sandwich, eat the sandwich, open a beer, drink the beer, check my laundry, run to the grocery store, pick out a few dozen items, pay for them, stop in the parking lot to help some senior citizens get their purchases into their cars, and get back to the house before her turn is over. However, it seems to work for her because there is no dropoff in accuracy between darts like my nephew experiences whenever he has to stop and think about a throw.

James wade and chizzy are 2 high levels that wouldn't be great to copy.....

When their good their good but wade can pull and lift a foot and chizzy is a serial snatcher.

Wouldn't aim to throw like vvdv either Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Emulating throws isnt making much sense anyway. Every human has its very own style of movement. I think copying others isnt leading to success.
If I were teaching someone I'd encourage them to use the throw that works for them. Mensur and Henderson's throws evidently work for them. Trying to emulate another's throw doesn't always end well as it may not be natural.

My throw is still developing but used to be a lot like van Gerwen's, without me even realising it. Then it changed a lot and still is, but now I don't care who I throw like. I just care about finding one that works for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Easy. Joe Cullen. Throws a dart like a baseball. But it works for him!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

I wouldn't advise emulating Richie Burnett's throw (especially his third dart). Back in the day no one had a worse throw than Jocky Wilson.
Lorraine Winstanley
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
(09-04-2016, 06:40 AM)ranger86 Wrote: Easy.  Joe Cullen.  Throws a dart like a baseball. But it works for him!

He doesn't line up with his eye -- I'm guessing he's cross dominant -- but I think he has a really nice throw.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Just try and copy Adrian Lewis. No idea how he does it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cody Harris has a good basic throwing style that will work for many. I would love to emulate Beaton`s throw but alas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokUQXMeDfM
Dart  - 23G Red Dragon Scorpions
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

24G Red Dragon Lethal Magic
25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do some darts players lick the tips of their fingers before throwing? tropicalpalmtree 30 1,290 02-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Darts Throwing comparing - Japanese Soft style throwing vs Steel Style throwing jayouloun 41 12,237 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  Vid, me dart throwing style & adjustments since previous advice / commentary CalixNL 9 877 11-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Players that get you up and throwing? Great White North 39 2,477 07-11-2018, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Panos Limperidiss
  Players using other players darts Tlowe 22 8,619 09-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: TheRedBit