Harrows Darts.

Dartboard Segment Sizes Compare 1978 to 2016
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Woo hoooo new music lol
Good one Darren. :thumbup:

Not really stepping out on a limb here, my guess is there'll be some interesting discussion going on in this thread.  Not all of it will be about the 78 board, but the old fav. topic of Blade vs. Eclipse on segment differences. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have noticed that triple or double segments can vary on one board. Almost 1mm.

So, if you play your old 1978 board you should go for bull instead of the triple Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think the thinner wires help a lot but if regulation is from apex to apex then they are not allowed to go beyond 10mm, I would not be surprised to see some board that gets even closer to that though, may be 9.95mm?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Now we can explain higher PDC averages Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
That's new wiring systems for you. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Helps to explain the average increase, eh? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd like to see 7mm triples come back, see if Michael could 110+ average then. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I still think the standards will be good no matter what they play on, overall regardless of the boards the level of skill has improved everywhere from pub to pro players Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Amazing really just how many 180's Lowe was hitting on those old boards with his thick darts.

Just proves to me the top players of old like Bristow and Lowe would be right up there today with the best of them.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

I'm sure the top players from the past would have some improvement on their averages playing on the new boards if they were playing the same as then but how much better they would be is hard to say ?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Darren I had to turn the music down after a long night I couldn't handle it. LOL

Interesting comparisons. I'll have to pull my old Nodor board off the shelf and see what it measures out.
Makes you see the old school 80's players with a greater respect.
Hitting 15 dart legs like the Lowe v Bristow 87 final I re watched recently. Gob smacking standard all things considered.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(09-04-2016, 07:49 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Darren I had to turn the music down after a long night I couldn't handle it. LOL

Interesting comparisons. I'll have to pull my old Nodor board off the shelf and see what it measures out.

LOLnit was a video without music but YT offered some tracks to add so I went for one to appeal to the younger folks, I was going to pick a Jazz style one originally Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(09-05-2016, 09:30 AM)Getagrip Wrote: I was going to pick a Jazz style one originally Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You should've! I like jazz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
lol Good, next time it will be Jazz for Josh Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great segment on Dave Clark sjmattitude1982 3 351 12-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Papa w
  Different stem sizes joellypotts 2 406 07-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Dart shirts and T-shirts, UK sizes? Help, please. Berlin180 14 2,644 07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Changes to John Lowe's Throw: 1978-2008 Getagrip 11 2,791 10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85