Shot Darts

How do you draw back?
Move your forearm back? or chickadee your wrist back? or pull string out of thread ?What are main aspects of drawback ?Because I have problems to catch that feeling
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good question.
That's one particular issue for me.
I try to copy Wade's inicial position, with the arm almost fully stretched with the shoulder slightly to the front under my right eye.
Then I pull my forearm back keeping the dart almost parallel to the floor. And that's when I change from Wade's style.
I bend the wrist but do not pull my arm fully so my hand won't get too close to my chin. Only when I manage to not pull my arm fully I can release the dart smoothly and at the right time.
If my forward movement and follow through is too long, I tend to throw the dart with my arm instead of my wrist, which makes the release unpredictable.
That is, today, my main problem.
I'm already able to "feel" the shot. The goal now is to identify the movement that makes it happen.
And most of that relies on a balance between paying attention and ignoring the movement. If I focus too much on my movement, it just won't come.

<Lucas Skywalker>

My lightsaber: Bull's Mamba 97 24g
My blaster: DPC Golden Guns 23 g
My astrodroid (helps me when I need it): Bull's Pegasus 24g
My ship: Short
My wings: Standard / Harrows Click / Condor

My dart collection: https://flic.kr/s/aHskHdPmnt

A little bit of both for me but I try to make it just a forearm movement
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I find it hard to describe mine really, I kinda throw a dart like I throw a ball.
It probably isn't the most technically correct way of drawing back and throwing but I find it naturally easier as everyone can throw a ball, right?
Cant really describe my way of throwing either.
It's a kind of a mixture between Andy Hamiltons short double draw back prior to the release and a kind of a hopper where at least the shoulder but probably the entire upper part of the body is in movement ;-)
Rather a combination of a javelin throw and a jump shot although my feet remain stable.
Take the opposite of Barneys throw and you are probably close to mine.
This kind of almost effortless throwing isn't given to me.
Maybe not really that extreme but certainly nothing that could claim to be a positive role model :-)
I tried to sustain a kind of a better style in the course of the practice sessions but it doesn't feel like being me so almost automatically I'm back at my own style and I feel much better.
However I have to confess my skills are rather basic and nothing to compote in a tournament.
But it's great fun and this it what matters for me :-)))
I won't quote examples from complicated draw-backs, but I'll recommend you look at the smoothest, easiest to replicate ones ... of the PDC players like Phil Taylor, as well as the Japanese players. 

Many seems to draw-back smoothly, stop or slow-down almost to a stop, then propel the dart forward. Some draw-back, then quickly propel the dart forward. I notice that if you manage to slow-down at the back stroke, some players can get much more control and power, but this is a deliberate and practiced motion.

Look for the following YouTube videos:

1) Phil Taylor's throw on YouTube posted by Cracking Darts
2) Phil Taylor VS Paul Lim PHIL TAYLOR VS JAPAN IN DARTSLIVE.TV MATCH 8-
3) Portrait in Darts -Phil 'The Power' Taylor- Official Final Trailer posted by PortraitinDarts  and 
4) Portrait in Darts 3 江口祐司 CM05(digest long ver.) posted by PortraitinDarts
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My drawback is all forearm as my wrist is already cocked as part of my initial setup and aim
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  elbow drop on draw/pull back Fergus 4 370 07-26-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Fergus
  Trying to use straight barrels, is it ok to draw back like this? conanthewarrior 14 5,731 04-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Last Post: conanthewarrior