Target Darts.

One80 Gladiator 3 Extra Info!!!!!!
Exclamation 
I have been talking to the One80 people about the G3 board and had a very interesting conversation regarding its production and the work involved in making it an even better board than the G2.

I was also emailed this info:

The Gladiator 3 is the latest dartboard to be introduced on the market by One80 and represents a big step forward in the technology of dartboard production. Although the technical changes have been substancial, the optical presentation has been kept close to its predecessor the Gladiator 2.

With the G3, One80 has addressed the time old problem of playability versus durability, increasing the depth penetration of the dartpoint in the board and ensuring an increased grip of the sisal on the point. Both these factors contribute to the improved performance and durability of the Gladiator 3.

This has been achieved by the following changes in production:

The use of a new premium African sisal which has considerably more elasticity than the previous sisals used.
Special treatment of the sisal used for the G3 production.

Development of new machines for the pressing procedure of the sisal onto the backboard, which inverse the complete procedure thereby guaranteeing the straightness and elasticity of the sisal.

A new high performance color paint has been used on the G3 allowing the sisal to breath freely and not sealing the surface.

As a result of the above mentioned changes, One80 proudly presents the new Gladiator 3, which sets the new standard for high performance dartboards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told the board should be cheaper for the UK market, around £40 but it was really interesting to learn what goes into the making of such a board and the time and effort they have spent to improve on it from the feedback of the G2.

The way the sisal is rolled and cut and shaved all has a bearing on how it performs when its bound into the board and even how the ink affects the fibres is something that is tested to the nth degree to make sure the fibres remain elastic and don't stick together, but even the position of the fibres on the biscuits is a factor, i.e. they need to be nice and straight and even etc all these factors have been improved with the new machines for cutting and the new inks they have used, so although cosmetically it looks very much the same in performance it is much improved.

They used the G2 in various comps and had a lot of complaints about bounceouts, when they used the G3 in the EDO comps they had no complaints at all and wear on the boards was at a minimum.

I was also told that the way the boards are made that in reality the prices should be higher than what they are, the main reason they are not is mostly due to the competiveness between Winmau and Unicorn lowering the prices to a bare minimum of profit which has resulted in most other brands having to follow suit but be warned that may change soon, as prices of boards have stayed pretty much consistent over the last 10 years or so compared to the price of darts which has steadily risen the same may happen to the boards soon due to the weaker £1 and higher production costs, so a little early warning for you guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
£40 sounds alittle more reasonable
Maybe will see this board at DartNutz shop
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

£40 is considerably more reasonable considering the changes made. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(08-31-2016, 03:25 PM)Troll Wrote: Maybe will see this board at DartNutz shop
Yeah good idea, make a deal with them Darren!
I might grab one myself as my next board if it's that much improved from the G2.
Although I'll miss the simplicity of the rota lock on the B4DC as I have no interest in drilling more holes in my wall to use the rota fix on the G3 lol
(08-31-2016, 03:25 PM)Troll Wrote: Maybe will see this board at DartNutz shop

nah its unlikely Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the update.

I suppose it is true that the rivalry between Unicorn and Winmau has led to cheaper boards (plus the Argos thing) and it has us spoiled a bit. They shift a lot of darts so they can afford a 'loss leader'.
In fairness for a lot of us a dartboard is a yearly purchase at most (maybe two years if you are not that fussy) so maybe I will reconsider the G3 if it turns out to be durable quality board which I'm sure it is.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Yeah if you think about it though the making of the board is probably more involved than the darts, I know it still takes a while to make the darts but I think there is likely more manual labour involved with the boards Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I wasn't going to pay £50+ for a board, but if these are going to retail at £40 over here then it is a possibility
yeah I think around £40, we will find out in the next week or 2.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Will it be available as a board only for everyone that has no use for the roto lock bits?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(08-31-2016, 07:36 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Will it be available as a board only for everyone that has no use for the roto lock bits?

Myself included. I use a stand so no need for the rotolock. The £40 has certainly piqued my interest but tbh the g2 has worn very well. So can't see me buying another board for a good year.
They look pretty good although the B4DC has held up well for me this past year. Does anybody know if these 180G3's are available in the USofA? (for a reasonable cost)
(08-31-2016, 08:02 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: They look pretty good although the B4DC has held up well for me this past year. Does anybody know if these 180G3's are available in the USofA? (for a reasonable cost)

I have now replaced my G2 after 3 years and it still looked fine....in fact in honesty I didn't need to change but the bull area was looking pretty poor. So I bought another G2 naturally IMHO it's still beats the DC hands down for durability, once you've compared and tried both there's no going back.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recieving extra product in the mail CrashG96 19 556 01-28-2021, 04:00 AM
Last Post: thet
  Harrows Darts Contact Info Needed JAMSGOLF 7 395 05-31-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Yuillsy
  Extra short stems joellypotts 1 356 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Info on Unicorn Ade Lewis darts tonywalsh00 3 593 04-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: tonywalsh00
  Unicorn Legend Phil Taylor Darts: Any info about them? vanJupp 3 569 04-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Gladiator spider bushmonkey90 6 597 09-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bushmonkey90
  Do you carry extra or the bare minimum Dart equipment. Spencerdl 97 12,214 04-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Board thoughts Gladiator 2 or 3? dannyd180 11 2,866 02-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: John_B
  One80 gladiator 3 question MauriceDarter 5 1,616 08-23-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Gladiator 3 has been released ChrisTheFish 16 2,484 10-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip