Shot Darts

Target Takoma Darts Wallet review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUbL9q02WQ

This is the new range of darts cases/wallets from Target. They are made from a rigid but soft feel EVA and are available in black, red and blue.

They are very reasonably priced at £7.99 too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The wallet is designed to hold one set of darts fully assembled without the flights getting crushed. The inside of the wallet is quite deep and has a velvet covering. There is a square rubbery plastic holder for the darts barrels to sit in and an elastic strap to keep them secure.

On the inside of the lid is 2 zipped pockets so you can store extra flights/stems or whatever you need. The pockets are stitched along the sides with the centre been free so you could probably have something else underneath the pockets too.

I think there is enough room to add some extra barrels if needed also.

The case is very well made and has a chunky zip and a small "D" ring in case you need to clip it to things or clip other things to it.

Its about 7 inches long and just under 2 inches in depth and just over 3 inches wide.

Overall its a really nice case and has a strong feel to it, and it does exactly what you need it to, a good bargain for the price Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review, decent looking case. You could possibly get a set of barrels between the pouches on the left in a point protector could you could?
Yeah I think so, may even hold 2 extra sets if needed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

It does look like a nice case, especially given how cheap it is. How strong would you say the case is ? Would this protect my darts if I put the case in my luggage. Can it take the weight and not get squished?
That case looks like the "Gamers" case for the handheld console repurposed for darts ,,, or a small digital camera case ,,,, I have my eye on the look out for these in the thrift stores,,,, but for that price ,, its a nice case,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-30-2016, 04:26 PM)JDorks Wrote: It does look like a nice case, especially given how cheap it is. How strong would you say the case is ? Would this protect my darts if I put the case in my luggage. Can it take the weight and not get squished?

Its not hard plastic, its rigid but a soft feel and if you squeeze it hard enough you can squash it together.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-30-2016, 04:35 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 04:26 PM)JDorks Wrote: It does look like a nice case, especially given how cheap it is. How strong would you say the case is ? Would this protect my darts if I put the case in my luggage. Can it take the weight and not get squished?

Its not hard plastic, its rigid but a soft feel and if you squeeze it hard enough you can squash it together.

Ah that's what I was worried about. I'll probably look at getting an L-style or Cosmo plastic drip in case. I think the Cosmo ones are £10 on Dc.
Thanks for the heads up.
(08-30-2016, 04:34 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: That case looks like the "Gamers" case for the handheld console repurposed for darts ,,, or a small digital camera case ,,,, I have my eye on the look out for these in the thrift stores,,,, but for that price ,, its a nice case,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ha, yeah I see what you mean, I have a case like this for my N3DS ill get a pic of it later.
Cheers for the mini review Darren. The format works perfectly for accessories I think.

Are either of the pockets big enough to hold medium shafts?
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Nice little case, looks good for a set or 2
(08-30-2016, 03:58 PM)JayKay Wrote: Nice review, decent looking case. You could possibly get a set of barrels between the pouches on the left in a point protector could you could?

I always think of this ever since Justin Pipe had his one dart mess up when he played Mark Walsh.
I usually keep another set of darts hidden in my jacket, just in case..... Hopefully never to be used...
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
(08-30-2016, 04:34 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: That case looks like the "Gamers" case for the handheld console repurposed for darts ,,, or a small digital camera case ,,,, I have my eye on the look out for these in the thrift stores,,,, but for that price ,, its a nice case,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I was surprised how similar my 3ds case was to it. It had the strap for the darts and even room for spare flights and stems. Although this case was abit more expensive and going by what Grip said about him still being able to squash the darts I think my case is alot stronger :p

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like an alternative to the Unicorn Contender cases - I used to use one of those with my Cosmo setup until I got Mr Beaton to sign it lol.

As for carrying a spare set of barrels, I always used to do that when I was playing for a team after seeing someone break a point at a match one night and having to borrow someone elses darts to complete the match.
(08-30-2016, 05:00 PM)rich345 Wrote: Cheers for the mini review Darren. The format works perfectly for accessories I think.

Are either of the pockets big enough to hold medium shafts?

Yeah plenty big enough, both pockets are same size.

(08-30-2016, 05:46 PM)JDorks Wrote:
I was surprised how similar my 3ds case was to it. It had the strap for the darts and even room for spare flights and stems. Although this case was abit more expensive and going by what Grip said about him still being able to squash the darts I think my case is alot stronger :p

Yeah if you need total crush proofing then a hard plastic case is better, I think it would need to be something heavy on this case to squash it though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I have pre ordered a red one to put the O'Sheas in and the wait will be a week longer for me as we will be on holiday.......
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Flex Line Darts Shirt Review Getagrip 11 541 10-11-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Head to Head - Target Takoma XL vs. Harrows Blaze Pro 6 longgunshooterzero 13 2,214 01-23-2020, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Cosmo Darts Europe
  Target Takoma XL Darts Case Review Getagrip 13 1,751 03-05-2019, 09:17 AM
  Target Ten X Darts Flights Review Getagrip 10 1,404 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
  RD Firestone II Wallet mini review joeriw96 17 5,608 01-07-2019, 02:58 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Target Daytona Dart Wallet Review copigme 36 10,932 05-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: bullseye66
  Target Galaxy darts case review Cosmo 4 3,447 12-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Shotgun
  Cameo oppella classic dart wallet review Munchie 6 4,015 12-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: jamie373
  One80 Holdall Wallet Darts Case Review Getagrip 26 22,868 11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
  Harrows Nano Wallet / compact darts pocket blugu 4 5,427 06-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Troll