Harrows Darts.

How to Throw Straight
Hi,

am a newbie here (been playing for about 3 months). I've eliminate the "hop" and "snatch" from my throw.

I actually filmed myself and actually doing the follow thru on most throws. But the thing is most of my throws tend to hit the 18 and 1 segments rather than 20. What could have gone wrong? I am using pencil grip.

I tried shifting a bit to the left from the center of the oche but still my shots land mostly on the right. 

Also, another question to ask the experts out there, to hit the 19 and 17, do you maintain the same force of throw but use a different release point?

Thanks.

Dan
It could be your stance/alignment on the oche,,,, myself I try to align my shoulder with the bullseye, using a 3/4 stance ,,,,, then I lean slightly forward to put my weight on my front foot ,, it becomes my anchor point when it locks into place ,,, then all that moves is my throwing arm,,,,,hope this helps,,,,,??,,,good luck,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Oh ,,and Welcome to the Nutz House,,,,Enjoy,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Are you left-handed or right-handed? In my experience, it's unusual for right-handers to miss consistently to the right.

BTW - you're 17-19 question was responded to on you're previous post: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22263
show us your video and it will be easier to help
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-30-2016, 08:45 AM)bkbum Wrote: Are you left-handed or right-handed? In my experience, it's unusual for right-handers to miss consistently to the right.

BTW - you're 17-19 question was responded to on you're previous post: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22263

I'm right handed. Ok, will need to upload the videos for the experts out here to give me suggestions/tips!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how do you stand up straight? thet 10 362 01-13-2021, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  Staying focused and straight Ed180 6 510 12-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Last Post: thet
  Keeping straight on tops Ed180 13 391 07-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Last Post: samsimilian
  Throw straight but darts land low or high Bob dart 3 607 08-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Bob dart
  Thumb - straight vs bent Another26 16 1,307 12-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: nightcrawler