Harrows Darts.

Queues for Throwing
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody uses any verbal/mental queues whilst throwing?

I have started using some myself "feet, back and follow through". These queues aid my throw and have seemed to help. 

Anybody have other queues/routines?

Cheers
"Trust your throw", is something I mentally say to myself when at the oche at times. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
@GWN - I do like "Trust your throw"

I also try to separate the result from the process so I say to myself "Three good darts" especially when going for doubles. I found that focusing on the result "Hit the double" was counter-productive for me so now I just want to produce (relative to my own throw, I'm not Barney) my nice smooth throw with the full follow through. If the darts hit the target then that's obviously very nice but if I throw them well and they're on the wire then so be it.

I get more frustrated with badly thrown darts (snatches, unfocused, etc) than well thrown darts that miss.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(08-29-2016, 03:32 AM)Banz Wrote: @GWN - I do like "Trust your throw"

I also try to separate the result from the process so I say to myself "Three good darts" especially when going for doubles.  I found that focusing on the result "Hit the double" was counter-productive for me so now I just want to produce (relative to my own throw, I'm not Barney) my nice smooth throw with the full follow through.  If the darts hit the target then that's obviously very nice but if I throw them well and they're on the wire then so be it.

I get more frustrated with badly thrown darts (snatches, unfocused, etc) than well thrown darts that miss.

Like that
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"remember, your NUTZ!"
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I don't usually. One game against Pro Darter I remember I was losing concentration and lost some legs and my game dropped off. I managed to regroup by going "aim, pull back, fire" in my head and I got it back and won the game.

@Banz I like the sound of "three good darts", encourages repetition over where they go. I know when I think too much about the target or tell myself what to hit, it can be counter productive. Might also help with the infamous "3rd-dart-syndrome" where the last is miles away from the others. I get that with my second or even first dart sometimes too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
"Relax" would be it for me. My biggest downfall at the oche seems to be tensing up, even during practice at times.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

"I'm gonna miss, I'm gonna miss...oh sh*t I'm gonna miss" :p
When I had dartitis or something similar I said to my self ,Backward while doing backward movement and forward to release dart
180-1(33)

My silent mantra is "pebbles in the pond" as when my throw is calm and smooth it feels like I'm throwing like that. Starts forward at pebbles all the way back at "the" and pond on the way forward to release.
Bit like having my own inbuilt metronome, OK so I'm weird but it stops me overthinking stance, feet, grip etc and keeps my pulse down.
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Usually i try to keep my head clear but often i tend to say to myself "come on tae #*$@ John!" That tends to help lol
(08-29-2016, 08:09 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: My silent mantra is "pebbles in the pond" as when my throw is calm and smooth it feels like I'm throwing like that. Starts forward at pebbles all the way back at "the" and pond on the way forward to release.
Bit like having my own inbuilt metronome, OK so I'm weird but it stops me overthinking stance, feet, grip etc and keeps my pulse down.

"Pebbles in the Pond" remind me that the Pond/My Throw needs to be STILL ... body, head and shoulder. A pebble also creates small ripples which reminds me to be inwardly calm & peaceful. Resulting in ripples that hit triples Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
"You've done this hundreds of times before"

Especially when shooting for that last double.

I just find it helps to remind myself of past successes
I tend to use relax and smooth as I tend to tense up which can lead to a jerk / snatch. Although I do like trust your throw
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I need to come up with one of these - i like the idea
sort of have it be the kickoff to your entire turn
I never thought I'd be so adept at subtracting 26 from any number....