Shot Darts

Red Dragon Gerwyn Price 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjdR_7jCg4

These have been one of the most requested sets to be reviewed for a while from my YT subscribers so I finally got a set recently. They are 24g and 85% tungsten and cost £34.90, you can buy them here: Gerwyn Price 24g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come with a tri fold RD wallet and are supplied with some short and medium alloy stems, point protector and 2 sets of Iceman standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a straight barrel dart with a kind of chunky ring grip with a single razor/shark style ring grip in between and at the rear it has two deeply grooved zig zag style lines milled into the barrel. I would say overall its a medium to high medium grip level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

A bit of difference between the barrels and eleven hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is front of centre:

With the supplied setup it moves slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

These were fine with my front grip:

Darts landed in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Its not a bad looking dart this one if a little strange with that deep wavy grip on the rear.

In the fingers it kind of felt a little chunky and the grip is curious in that it was sort of smooth and a little grippy all at once, hard to explain but overall I would say its closer to a medium but it looks more aggressive than it is I think. Balance with my front grip was fine and it felt quite comfortable to hold. It was mostly very stable in flight just got a little spin.

Trying from the centre I got less spin and I think it felt just that little better balanced but should be even better for natural centre grippers.

The grip at the rear with the wavy grooves was just that bit too weird for me, it seemed to depend on how your grip interact with the grooves, sometimes it would spin one way then the other, I cant say I liked that grip that much really.

Although it is a straight barrel dart and likely to suit any style of grip I think the rear grip is probably too strange for most so may be just one for front and middle grippers. I think Price grips it around the front anyway and for me it felt a nice dart to throw there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (not a bad looking dart)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 6.5 (a bit mixed)
Quality: 7.5 (generally good, just lost half a point for weight match)
Value: 7.5 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8 (has a good feel about it)

Best Feature: Grip

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review as always.

I was looking at these the other day and really liked the way the grip looked at the rear of the barrel, i mean it wouldn't work with my grip but i still foound the grip to be aesthetically pleasing.

Oh and i agree with the comment someone left called "Josh"... Its totally not me i swear...
Cheers not Josh Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Remind me of my Elkdart sonics? with the zigzag grip. Seem expensive to me though. Nice review as always.
Well done again on the review as always Darren. :thumbup:

The chevron (wavy/zig-zag) part is the main feature obviously, not for me however.
Your usual high quality production Darren very nice...couldn't help noticing the board wobble  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. you definitely need to get hold of a Lean2Pro ....you can even fit it to your bike Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Another great review Darren, un usually I wont be adding these to my list though. Do's Price actually use those stems?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-29-2016, 03:54 AM)Dorian Wrote: Your usual high quality production Darren very nice...couldn't help noticing the board wobble  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. you definitely need to get hold of a Lean2Pro ....you can even fit it to your bike Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  .

Cheers

LOL I do most of my reviewing in the converted loft so I put a stand there but I may switch to solely on the wall soon as I plan to add something different to the video reviews Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-29-2016, 08:37 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Another great review Darren, un usually I wont be adding these to my list though. Do's Price actually use those stems?

Cheers, I think he does use alloy stems, not sure if its the same as here though.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Heres a video of Gerwyn talking a little bit about the dart.

180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
Another great review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review.  They look like a cheap Chinese stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. so it's not my fav.

Great review bud! The detail in those images is getting better!!! lol
Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-29-2016, 05:49 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Now get that bloody Daytona review up! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Super review. I think the dart is a bit overpriced though for what it is. I think I remember Gerwyn saying at one point that the wavy pattern is just purely for looks as he does not grip there... really like the pics and reading the review, cheers
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 387 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 707 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,864 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 927 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Reddragon Gerwyn Price Lunar SE 23g steel tip Don Q 15 693 12-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Last Post: AndrewK
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 441 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 351 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,184 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,327 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,307 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59