Darts Buddy

Older set of VARIANTS ?
I am guessing this is an older set of Variants than we are used to seeing. Only by the style of the box. Notice the darts have a separate compartment and the weight chart is clued to the inside. It references that Kwiz Darts is the overseas distributor.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
IMG_6793 by markbrindza, on Flickr
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
IMG_6794 by markbrindza, on Flickr
IMG_6795 by markbrindza, on Flickr
IMG_6796 by markbrindza, on Flickr
IMG_6797 by markbrindza, on Flickr
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

Very nice - looks better than the normal box we see.

I've got a set of the normal box type but without the weight charts, but it's got that little bit that references Kwiz stuck in the box a well - ie this bit. It's been cut and stuck in, so most likely had the weight chart on the other end. Would love a complete set with all the paperwork one day

Very nice Mark, how did you come by them Ebay?
Nice find and it could be an early set or maybe its a set that was sold in the U.K.?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I got them from ebay in the U.S. Maybe that is why you guys didn't see them. There is a name on the card where the guy was ordering more items. He was in the military.

They are in great shape!!!!
Cool set, I've got the 'other' sort.
1 of my favorite sets.
fantastic condition ! would like to see something like these made again. can you extend and shorten the length aswell or just the weight ?
(08-12-2013, 12:45 PM)jamie373 Wrote: fantastic condition ! would like to see something like these made again. can you extend and shorten the length aswell or just the weight ?

My set are at home, but from memory you can shorten the length by using less weights. I think the most weights you can use as well is 5 - so the length would depend on anything from 1 to 5 weights.

Also of interest to yourself - they also made a soft tip version. Not seen these on sale anywhere myself as I rarely go on the US ebay, but I remember seeing a video of them on youtube a while back.
(08-12-2013, 12:51 PM)mc1958 Wrote: ... I remember seeing a video of them on youtube a while back.

[video=youtube]video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsgUwlHBV4[/video][/video]
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

You cannot change the length. It is made to fit five weights of any combination. The only way to change the length is to use a different length shaft.

(08-13-2013, 01:15 PM)dartbord Wrote: You cannot change the length. It is made to fit five weights of any combination. The only way to change the length is to use a different length shaft.

That doesn't appear to be the case with the ones in the video, but those are soft tip. Yours must be different.

26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally got a set of Variants Ni518079 16 4,636 05-07-2015, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Ni518079