Harrows Darts.

How I got better at darts, in just minutes! (Pic heavy)
So this may be well known, but to a newer player like me or maybe someone who just forgot, I'll share what just helped me out tremendously! And I never really thought about it or did it until just tonight.

Aim at the dart you just threw! So simple, yet I never did it. If I would hit the left side of T20, i would try to aim at the open spot and hit a 1 or single 20... Well I was having a little practice session and I was working on grouping, wherever my first dart went, I threw directly at it. A T20 or a single 1, no matter where my first dart landed, my next two darts were thrown right at it.

Well a quick 20 minute practice session and I've never felt so confident. I was practically hitting the barrel or flight on almost every throw and it was helping a lot. Here's some of my shots, plus there were many tight groupings and near misses but I just felt good throwing! Sorry, a little picture heavy but I was excited to learn a new "trick" 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Good for you and fair advice
180-1(33)

Also helps that your a natural Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-26-2016, 09:42 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Also helps that your a natural Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Don`t work for gays? :dodgy: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)

(08-26-2016, 09:42 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Also helps that your a natural Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That does help lol. And this may not work for everyone but it sure helped a lot for me. I can't wait to play a real match. I feel much more confident and scoring a lot better overall
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I think you will be fine Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

that's why the fast players like VVDV or Evans are either hot or cold - first dart lands in the T20 then the other two ain't far behind, similarly first dart lands in the 5 then chances are the other two ain't far behind either
(08-26-2016, 10:09 AM)mc1958 Wrote: that's why the fast players like VVDV or Evans are either hot or cold - first dart lands in the T20 then the other two ain't far behind, similarly first dart lands in the 5 then chances are the other two ain't far behind either

I'm also a faster player, not like Evans fast lol but similar pace to maybe MVG or similar.

Last night was hot, if next time I throw I'm cold I'll know I fall under that category lol
Best 501 - 11 Darts
If it works for you then perfect.  I for the longest time did similar, always aimed/threw at the previous arrows flight for grouping.  

Well done and good darting John. :thumbup:
(08-26-2016, 12:11 PM)Great White North Wrote: If it works for you then perfect.  I for the longest time did similar, always aimed/threw at the previous arrows flight for grouping.  

Well done and good darting John. :thumbup:

Thanks. And yea, it works for me but may not work for everyone. I just found myself aiming for the small open spot instead of just going for the grouping and letting the dart in the board help direct it (sometimes works against you and deflects the wrong way) So far it's working much better
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Good advice
Often overlooked as a grouping exercise, I don't think I have ever aimed at T20 with the first 2 in. Or with 2 in any treble TBH.
Thanks for the reminder and awesome shooting by the way
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(08-26-2016, 09:23 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Often overlooked as a grouping exercise, I don't think I have ever aimed at T20 with the first 2 in. Or with 2 in any treble TBH.
Thanks for the reminder and awesome shooting by the way

That was my problem, I would change my throw and try to aim for the little open space, instead of just throwing at the dart(s) already in the place I want the next one to go. Got home from work today, picked the darts up and just threw 3 real quick, 140 lol so i hope my scoring stays like this.

And thanks, I figured it may help some newer players like me who never knew or focused on this and a friendly reminder maybe for the more experienced ones
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Good advice from a guy who has no problem with accuracy. That's great you can make the mark and follow with the same good throws.
I'm sure someone (Cankles?) posted a practice routine where he would throw the first dart and try and get the others to make the sound as they hit each other as they grouped together (barrel on barrel flights touching etc) to see how many times he could get them to make a noise.....apparently helps grouping Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts : Red Dragon Polaris  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Amazon Pear Flights.
Soft Tip: 18g Unicorn Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: unicorn Eclipse Pro 
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's using heavy darts Hazza 35 1,770 05-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Last Post: paulfg
  Heavy dart setup Hazza 4 256 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Hazza
  Strongest Soft Tip Points for Heavy Darts? Bull 21 1,909 12-18-2018, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Bull