Darts Buddy

PDC oche set up dimensions
I am sure this was asked before but does anyone know of the dimensions the PDC use for their oche set up, of course I don't just meant the length as we all know that but the platform width and height etc?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've never been able to find this....

I took a guess when I made mine and went with 4 feet wide and 2 inches high

15.01 A raised Oche, 38mm. high and 610mm long, ( 1.5ins. high and 24ins long ) must be placed in position at the minimum throwing distance and shall measure from the back of the raised Oche 2.37 metres, ( 7ft 9.25 ins. ) , along the floor to a plumb line at the face of the dartboard.

15.02 The diagonal distance from the Centre Bull to the back of the raised Oche at the floor level shall measure 2.93 metres. ( 9ft 7.5ins. )

15.03 In those circumstances where the Oche is set down on a raised Playing Area, then the raised Playing Area must be constructed such that it is centrally placed in relation to the dartboard, the minimum width at the Oche shall not be less than 1525mm ( 5ft 0ins. ), and the minimum depth of the standing area to the rear of the Oche shall not be less than 1220mm. ( 4ft 0ins. )
It's in the DRA rulebook - rule 5.7 - I would copy and paste 5.7.1 to 5.7.3, but the formatting looks crap when pasting it and I can't be bothered to sort it all out lol

https://www.thedra.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...140115.pdf
looks like wherever Crusher got it from is format friendly when pasting lol
Maybe I'm not reading this right, or things look skewed on my computer screen when I watch the PDC matches, but are they saying the width of the oche is 24 inches.     If so, it sure looks to be much wider than that to me.

Then again, I may have missed something and not reading it right.
(08-25-2016, 09:51 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Maybe I'm not reading this right, or things look skewed on my computer screen when I watch the PDC matches, but are they saying the width of the oche is 24 inches.     If so, it sure looks to be much wider than that to me.

Then again, I may have missed something and not reading it right.

There is no way the PDC oche is only 24 inches

I used a picture of Barney with his foot against the oche to guess the size of mine... assumed he has a size 11 shoe...
The PDC oche is roughly 5 Barney shoes wide (a little less)

Looking at that photo and assuming barney is a size 11 (US I calculated which is 11 inches) I calculated it (with measuring tape on my monitor lol) to being just over 44 inches and by the looks I'd say about 2 / 2 1/2 inches high.

I'm guessing those rules are just the minimum?

I wonder what the actual numbers are, wonder how close I am lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The barney pic i'd say 4 feet, black area 5 feet
Hell Barney 3 feet wide Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It's not difficult if you read all the rules posted above and not just the first part.

The 24 inches is for floor events where they have several boards all lined up in a row - ie this oche:

The third part that is the bit that goes on about stage oches (raised playing area means stage). So in the picture of Barney the oche (the red bit he puts his foot against) will be at least 5 feet and the exclusion zone behind him (the black bit) will be at least 4 feet.
I have a vague memory of either speaking to a guy or reading about it that worked setting up the PDC stage, wish I could be clear on that one.

So for the floor events they are sticking to the BDO 24 inches ruling but for the TV stage setup its not conforming to those same rules.

So 5 feet wide for the red raised oche?

Looking at the Barney pic I would guess 4 feet wide and 6 feet wide for the black area, would be nice to get exact measurements though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Sorry, my post should have read 5 feet for the raised red bit and the black bits either side - it was 5 o'clock in the morning when I wrote it and was still half asleep (was too hot so decided to get up lol).

If you want the exact measurements why not give your mates at Unicorn a call - as they provide the equipment I'm sure they will know
Yeah was thinking of that.

I am certain I have spoken to someone before though, could have been someone on Facebook.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Anyone at the Perth Masters tell them to run up on stage get some measurements lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Argos Navigator Dimensions Kaigen Moore 4 546 08-25-2019, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  Designing my own dart Dimensions Help please muggedhino 5 866 04-30-2018, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Noj
  Dimensions of 25g old Ted Hankey Darts portsetonloyal 0 720 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Last Post: portsetonloyal
  Dimensions for a Set Customs Haideff 10 1,105 06-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter