Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Dart Smart Cricket dartboard review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyt_89zvSrk

Hmm, I was not sure whether to put this in the dartboard reviews section but as its not strictly a dartboard but a game involving darts and a dartboard I thought I would put it in here instead Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Now I think this will be the first time most of you will have seen this and its plain to see from the name and design of the board that its based around Cricket the sport and not Cricket the version of darts played mostly in the U.S.

I seen this on Facebook some time ago and as someone who was once a massive Cricket fan and still is but not as much so now, I was immediately interested.  I think the look of the board caught my eye as much as anything and then after checking out the website I thought it sounded good so I had to have one.

Unfortunately the company that makes it is based in Australia so they are mostly concentrating on the market there but you can still buy it anywhere else in the world its just that postage is prohibitive, I also had to pay £31 Tax and import charges etc.

Hopefully though it will become available in the UK eventually and that should make it a better prospect.

The current price of the board is $75 Australian Dollars which is around £45 and shipping options range from £36 up to £106!!! depends on the service you choose, so you can see its not cheap to have it shipped overseas.  

I explain in the video above about the markings and how the game works and I also have a quick one over game against my self just to explain it but you can check the Dart Smart site here for more info: https://www.dartsmartcricket.com/

The board is made just like a regular dartboard but has no wires and obviously its printed differently.  The rules of the game are on the back of the box and inside the box is 2 darts (1 for batting and 1 for bowling), 11 fielder pins and the fixing bracket and screws.

The board has no wires to help lessen the bounceouts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They must have a good groundsman as the pitch is nice and flat Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think the way they have adjusted the rules of Cricket to suit the way the game is played is very clever and its been well thought out.  I would say if you understand Cricket then it will be very easy to grasp how this game works and even if you don't understand Cricket its still easy enough to learn.

Its all a matter of understanding the way the board is set up and the way the bowlers dart when thrown can influence where or how the batter can score with their dart.

Basically the board is made up of zones and there is also zones within zones.  The 4 pizza slice type segments are the main 4 play zones.  In the middle is the pitch with the batters wicket, mid pitch and bowlers wicket.  Around the pitch is the three circles which are the bowlers zone.  Beyond that is the batters zone which is made up of the rings around the rest of the board which are run zones 1,2,3,4 and the thin one on the end which is 6.

The game can be played between 2 or up to 22 players and you decide how many overs you wish to play and how many innings too.  Its recommend that there be a maximum of 20 overs.

You decide who bats first and the bowler sets his fielder pins, these are placed in the squares in the run zones 1- 4.  At least 1 fielder must be in each play zone (the large pizza slice) and a maximum of 4.

The bowler can change position of his fielders before he throws his dart.

The bowler has to throw a dart in the bowling zone and then if he hits for example a 1 run score that means the batter then throws their dart and they have to score in the same play zone and has to be 1 run, if they throw any where else its a no score.

Play takes turns with the bowler throwing his dart and then the batter throwing theirs.  I wont explain every detail here as its mostly in the video but suffice it to say the game follows quite closely the way normal Cricket is played.

I think the game is one where strategy and skill can come into play in the way you set your field up and try to make the batsman take risks etc.

Who ever has most runs after the allotted overs are finished is the winner but of course just like real Cricket you could also lose all 10 wickets before you reach that.

If the bowler is very skillful at throwing he can throw his dart at the batters wicket or attempt a run out by throwing it at the bowlers wicket.  In both cases the batsman has to either throw his dart anywhere on the pitch to affectively block the ball or he has to score 1 run to avoid a run out.

There is no balls and also the chance of dropped catches if a dart falls or bouncesout.

So its quite involved in the way its played but once you start playing it will make sense and is a lot of fun.

Since doing the video review I have played a few proper games with friends and family and its actually very addictive and really good fun.

What I like about this is you don't really need to be good at darts, you can still play the game and have fun without needing a high skill level so its perfect for the family and people who would never even play normal darts.

Overall I think the game has been very well designed and it would be nice to see it do well, its not here to take over normal darts but its just providing some alternative fun entertainment, it just so happens its done with darts and I like it, a lot! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I remember seeing a black and white photo of one of these games, alongside the baseball version, way back when. Didn't think they were still made. Interesting to see the video. Great up load
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
(08-24-2016, 07:15 PM)JohnL. Wrote: I remember seeing a black and white photo of one of these games, alongside the baseball version, way back when. Didn't think they were still made. Interesting to see the video. Great up load

Thanks!

You never saw this one though, its only just came out recently, you may have seen this one though:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Cricket Dartboard 1970's (1) by dazdart, on Flickr

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Darts and cricket. Can't be many combinations of things that top that? Wonderful review and this board looks like a hell of a lot of fun
interesting looking board to say the least, great review as usual though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Member previously known as Daveheald

Nice review and a cool board as well. :thumbup:

There would be a massive breakdown of society if I was to hang that board here across the pond and say we're playing cricket. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice and Interesting Board.
Just like the Golf Board, another opportunity for a funny Evening.
(08-24-2016, 07:33 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Darts and cricket. Can't be many combinations of things that top that? Wonderful review and this board looks like a hell of a lot of fun

Yep a great combo, cheers!

(08-24-2016, 11:00 PM)Rodney Wrote: interesting looking board to say the least, great review as usual though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Thanks mate!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-24-2016, 11:10 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice review and a cool board as well. :thumbup:

There would be a massive breakdown of society if I was to hang that board here across the pond and say we're playing cricket. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! lol yeah I am waiting for all the comments saying its not cricket lol!

(08-25-2016, 05:26 AM)Shotgun Wrote: Nice and Interesting Board.
Just like the Golf Board, another opportunity for a funny Evening.

Yeah just another way to have fun really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-24-2016, 07:33 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Darts and cricket. Can't be many combinations of things that top that? Wonderful review and this board looks like a hell of a lot of fun

Obviously you've never seen the Seinfeld episode regarding food and sex - mmmm pastrami -

Pretty interesting board - neat to see other concepts -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Darts Torus 270 Dartboard Light Review Best Dartboard Light ? Getagrip 21 857 06-28-2021, 09:36 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 38,615 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Cameo Japan Smart Capsule Review Getagrip 3 285 06-13-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cameo Japan Smart Cube Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 3 272 06-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Aurora Halo Dartboard Lighting surround review Getagrip 30 19,620 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM
  Unicorn Solar Flare Integrated Illuminated Pro Surround dartboard light review Getagrip 18 13,068 11-22-2017, 04:16 PM
  Winmau Extreme 2 Dartboard Stand review Nathan Mansfield 8 8,131 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Nathan Mansfield
  Unicorn 2017 World Champion Player dartboard surround review Getagrip 16 7,253 07-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Last Post: gram70
  Super-Lux Dartboard Lighting System Review Getagrip 33 20,427 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: HazBeen
Thumbs Up Home-Pro Dartboard LIGHT Surround Review Getagrip 36 34,634 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM