Shot Darts

new darts fall out
Hi,

Bought new darts, MVG 90% tungsten.

Very good darts, lighter then my first set of darts. But i think i can aim better with it.

But i have a very big problem. The darts will drop out of the board sometimes! Its not the board because the other set of darts wont drop out. 

The point of the new darts are silver and very smooth. I think to smooth. Anyone have a idea how to solve the problem because the darts it self feel greath!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darts: Michael v. Gerwen 90% Tungsten 23 gr. XQDarts (Silver)
Total 180's in 2016: 4
Best 501 in 2016: 20 darts
Highest finish in 2016: 115
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scuff up the points. Rub a bit sandpaper down towards the points.
Happens to most silver points.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(08-24-2016, 05:34 PM)jc14 Wrote: Scuff up the points.  Rub a bit sandpaper down towards the points.

Didn't know that, my first set of darts had black point. Sandpaper 180 will do?

Thanks for the help!
or storm points those are ok
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-24-2016, 05:37 PM)Broken Shaft Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 05:34 PM)jc14 Wrote: Scuff up the points.  Rub a bit sandpaper down towards the points.

Didn't know that, my first set of darts had black point. Sandpaper 180 will do?

Thanks for the help!

No worries.  Not sure what sandpaper 180 is but it does not take an aggressive sandpaper to do the job.  Most online retailers sell a sharpening stone which is handy to bring with you in your wallet.
Once they are scuffed a bit they will stick well in the board.  Black points stick a lot better.

https://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/accessor...eners.html
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I use 100 grit and don't rub it along the length of the points.   I lay the paper down on a table and rotate the dart in my hand as I scuff along the width of the point.   Much more grip that way in my opinion.
Just used sandpaper 180 on them and they stick a lot better now. Thanks for the advice Jc14, TheDartFrog and gumbo2176, topic can be closed!