Harrows Darts.

Cleaning dart points: An example case
Hello nutz

I have recently aquired a set of Phil Taylor Phase 6 darts second hand. I am very happy with them, but the points were a bit dirty, see the first pic. To clean them, I did the following steps. 

Firstly, I scrubbed the entire darts with lukewarm soapy water. The darts were quite clean after, the points not yet. 

Then, I made a 25% lemon 75% vinegar solution and dipped the dart points in there for about an hour kr two. Inbetween I sometimes took the darts out to clean some dirt off already. 

After the bath, some parts of the dart may have an orange color, but this can be easily removed. Rinse the points thoroughly after the bath. 

Fnally, I took a kitchen sponge and scraped off the loosened dirt carefully. For the parts that are difficult to clean, I used a small piece of sandpaper. The result can be found in the second pic. 

I hope this is useful to any of you. Note that these points were quite dirty, perhaps this is not the best method for mildly dirty points. 

Cheers for reading!
WP
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

I would have just rubbed them down with some emery cloth.
that is one good cleaning job well done
I tried a more simple approach, but there was still a lot of dirt left, seems it diffused into the point. It had to soften and dissolve a bit first.

Thanks djrocs88!
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Nice job, +1 for the tip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They look shed loads better.  First pic looks like they'd been dirty for quite some time, so glad you cleaned them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They were some dirty points!
Looks like they were used as murder weapons or something lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning your darts tip Barrels 2 179 11-07-2020, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Barrels
  cleaning old and new darts owdlad 25 2,202 10-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd