Shot Darts

Target Carrera Azzurri Cortex CX3 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOe9Lv8C_-k

I cant remember when it was that these first came out but when they did I bought a set from Madhouse darts using the forum discount, so they cost me £57, usually price is £63.90, they are 90% tungsten with a blue ti nitride coating and are available in 21 and these 23 grams, you can find them here: Carrera Azurri Cortex CX3 darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box with internal foam insert holding the darts pre-assembled fitted with some short stems and standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

I think the dart is a good looking one and very striking with the blue contrasting against the silvery tungsten, its also a pleasing shape.  The Cortex grip is a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

The barrels are closely matched just four hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight with full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

Balance with nothing attached is just front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moves central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was gripping them just about where it starts to taper, it felt fine there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle:

Almost got one while waiting for the vid to upload:

CONCLUSION:

I remember getting these when they first came out because I liked the look of the shape as much as anything, I think it looks good with the blue and silver though and the Cortex grip is certainly unique enough too.

I thought it would be a good dart for my front grip and I am pleased to say it is, it flies smoothly and feels well balanced and I think as its drilled out a fair bit on the rear and with the short stems it was a very nice dart to throw. My only issue is now and then the grip gets a little too sticky and a mis throw the dart a little. The Cortext grip is generally very grippy and its a difficult grip to describe but I think its definitely one of those grips that you need to try to be sure. I don't mind it too much but feel it takes a little getting used to at first and even then sometimes it can linger in your grip when you are not careful.

I think the dart also works very well from the centre too, I did get more spin from that position but it was still smooth enough through the air.

From the rear it felt a bit wrong for me, so I am not 100% sure but I don't think rear grippers will like that much, may be if you grip not fully on the rear but just past centre you will be fine.

The darts are not cheap and its obvious we are paying for the extra machining and blue nitride coating so its a dart that may need some consideration if your thinking of purchasing it but I would say if possible try before you buy as the grip may not be to your liking.

Overall I think a very good dart for front and middle grippers but the Cortex grip could be the deciding factor for most Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9.5 (very striking looking dart)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (good)
Quality: 8.5 (nice)
Value: 7 (not too bad)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (tempted to put 8 but grip is sometimes a bit off putting)

Best Feature: Nice balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Noice review, just wish Target did Cortex darts in 10g haha. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Been waiting for someone to review these. Thanks (or not as I am considering another purchase now)
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
Nice review as always Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Made the mistake of letting our son watch at the same time however.  
Never good when he says, "They're cool, bet I could throw them.". Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great pictures and review Darren! Lovely looking darts and perfect dimensions for me. I need to seriously consider these but with fire coming out, decisions decisions! Your reviews always make darts much more tempting!
Love the look of these darts, but to expensive for me. Nice review as always.
(08-18-2016, 08:15 PM)Kosumo Wrote: Noice review, just wish Target did Cortex darts in 10g haha. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! 10g??? no!

(08-18-2016, 09:24 PM)blacko Wrote: Been waiting for someone to review these. Thanks (or not as I am considering another purchase now)

LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-18-2016, 09:49 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice review as always Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Never good when he says, "They're cool, bet I could throw them.". Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Haha, you will have to put a blindfold on him in future, it could get expensive with all the stuff coming out soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-18-2016, 10:00 PM)JayKay Wrote: Great pictures and review Darren! Lovely looking darts and perfect dimensions for me. I need to seriously consider these but with fire coming out, decisions decisions! Your reviews always make darts much more tempting!

Thanks John Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-19-2016, 12:49 AM)gram70 Wrote: Love the look of these darts, but to expensive for me. Nice review as always.

Cheers, yeah price is to be considered.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-19-2016, 09:53 AM)Getagrip Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 09:49 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice review as always Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Haha, you will have to put a blindfold on him in future, it could get expensive with all the stuff coming out soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Too late Darren, have a hard enough time keeping up with the young lads Gary Anderson collection as it is.  He doesn't even throw Ando's, always something different from my side of the darting area. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL you will need to take out a loan then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-19-2016, 01:24 PM)Getagrip Wrote: LOL you will need to take out a loan then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Haha true, as long as he enjoy's playing and treats the grand game with respect and those he plays with/against it's worth every penny. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Your too good to him Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

striking look to the darts but rather expensive i think.
(08-19-2016, 04:24 PM)bullseye66 Wrote: striking look to the darts but rather expensive i think.

yeah I think that's what will put most people off and also because its got a unique grip I think a lot will be reluctant to gamble at that price.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review, this is my favorite of the previous target's launh but their price kept me away
Not a fan of these

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 234 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 334 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,250 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 820 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 940 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,065 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 887 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 419 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,665 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 768 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM