Target Darts.

Target Lightning Storm 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWsik25M0A

I got these some time ago, cant remember where I got them to be honest and its another set I started to review but never got finished until now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So I cant remember what the price was at the time but the current retail price is around £39.  There is a couple of models in the Lightning Storm darts but just one weight in each, these are 22g and 90% tungsten.

You can see more info on the Target site here: Lightning 22g darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

Darts come in a slim cardboard box and are supplied fully assembled with some grooved storm points, pro grip stems and 100 micron flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see its a scalloped barrel design and is made with a thin ring grip style with titanium chrome plating in the grooves which is very nice and shiny. Although the scallop section acts like a kind of grip I would say the overall grip is a medium level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just three hundredths of a gram difference so pretty good:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

Due to the scallop its quite difficult to check the balance but with nothing attached I would say its slightly front of centre:

With supplied set up it moves a fraction to the rear:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I think with my front grip they worked best right on the nose:

Darts landed in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

I think this is a nice looking dart and probably why I bought them more than anything else as I was not expecting the shape to suit me really, but do I ever let that stop me getting a set lol!

Anyway when I first threw them I was holding more on the knuckle at the front and while it was not terrible it did not feel right or that comfy for me. I shifted my grip closer to the nose and almost on the point. I found they threw better there but I would say overall its not really suited to my grip.

From the centre where the scallop is and where it looks to be made for middle grippers it feels more comfortable to hold and much better balanced. I got some spin from there but I think overall it flew better which I think is to be expected.

As usual I tried from the rear but it was not good for me and although I think a natural rear gripper should throw it better I think this dart is very much a middle grippers dart.

So a very nice looking dart but one I feel is suited best for middle grippers.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (nice looking dart)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (good)
Quality: 8.5 (nice)
Value: 8 (not too bad)
Suitability for me: 5.5 (not so great)

Best Feature: Looks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

No comments yet? I dont think I even have to mention it, but nice review as always.

I am just trying the new scalloped 22g perfect storm darts. If the shape works out for me, I have to give those a try as well.
Cheers!

I think scallop darts are for particular grips depending on the position and depth of said scallop, they often feel comfy in the grip though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hard to believe that I still have not purchased a scalloped dart. But as usual your reviews have me thinking about buying another set to try. Your photos and comments are spot on and always professional. I've always said your skill is marketable but glad you take the time to show us what's out there and available for us to try.
+1.... Gripster
(08-20-2016, 01:44 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Hard to believe that I still have not purchased a scalloped dart. But as usual your reviews have me thinking about buying another set to try. Your photos and comments are spot on and always professional. I've always said your skill is marketable but glad you take the time to show us what's out there and available for us to try.
+1.... Gripster

Thanks Tom Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have you trademarked the phrase 'Let's give em a go and see how they go?' yet Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
its "lets give em a throw and see how they go" lol

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Lol that's what I typed just realised my phone auto corrected me! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Phones are stoopid!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. always liked the look of this version and the weight is spot on for me, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately as the wife might say!) they are a couple of mm too long for me. Still love the review and the pics
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry, 2mm is not much?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Lovely looking darts, that photo in particular looking downthe point like down the end of a barrel of a gun, that angle and image looks amazing. Great review bud! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-30-2016, 01:16 PM)JayKay Wrote: Lovely looking darts, that photo in particular looking downthe point like down the end of a barrel of a gun, that angle and image looks amazing. Great review bud! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!

I like the way they got the chrome in the rings, looks good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-30-2016, 09:16 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Barry, 2mm is not much?

It doesn't sound like much, but at the minute I find that anything over the 50.8mm sweet spot starts to fishtail and doesn't feel right. That may change in the future Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Just goes to show what a small difference can have then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 970 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 669 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 794 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 969 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 741 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 324 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,407 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 613 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 108,121 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 731 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM