Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Bulls Fighter Fenomeno 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIR_MX_iKg0

This is another set I got sometime last year and just managed to get round to finishing the review on, sorry for the delay Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These are slightly more weighty than some of the others at 22g and still 90% tungsten. They retail for the same price of 118,000 Korea Won which was around £68 when I did the video review but is now Around £80 - £82.

These are the signature barrel of a Chinese player called Geng Chao you can find more info here: Fenomeno 22g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

As usual they are supplied in the very nice and plush metal case with some soft tip points, Bulls Fighter flights and short nylon stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

These are one of the longer BF barrels I have tried and also one of if not the most heaviest at 22g. its a nice looking straight barrel design and although it looks quite grippy on the rear half I would say it is about a high medium at most.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Hey its another perfectly matched set!!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With just the tips attached the balance is just front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moves dead centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I think these worked best for me gripping just front of centre:

CONCLUSION:

As usual its a very nice quality dart from Bulls Fighter, I don't think there is ever much doubt in their ability to make such high quality darts. The grip is kind of strange when you look at it though as it looks like it is going to be a very grippy dart but its not. I think the few thin cut rings at the front where the most grippy part although they felt a little less so when I threw them.

When I tried that front section it was not bad but it felt like the dart was not quite right for me to throw from there.

It flew better from the centre I thought, so after doing the video review I kind of picked a spot just front of centre and that seemed best for me as a fronty but I think a natural centre gripper could be very happy with this barrel.

I struggled somewhat with the rear grip but was expecting that really, although with a little more effort it was flying as well as can be for me, so as usual I think a natural rear gripper should be fine.

It was nice to throw a BF dart in this weight though, it was good to experience something closer to the steel tip weight I usually use and also as its a straight barrel it is very likely some front gripper will be happy enough with it but I think its best for middle and rear grips.

The dart seemed a little zippy too which I thought was surprising.

You cant fault the quality as usual and again its just the price that's a problem with the current exchange rate, but another great dart from Bulls Fighter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (good looking dart)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect)
Quality: 10 (Excellent)
Value: 7 (great quality but exchange rate spoiling it)
Suitability for me: 7 (worked ok)

Best Feature: Quality Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

This is actually the dart i was looking at buying when i go over there. But hearing its not as grippy as it looks worries me. I prefer alot of grip. Hopefully i can get a "try before you buy".

Wouldn't almost 24g for full setup be too heavy for some of the soft tip machines ?
I've bought a set of these too and grip at the rear and find them very grippy. Id say a good mid/high level of grip. The nicest looking set I own by far, a lovely looking dart!
(08-14-2016, 04:16 PM)JDorks Wrote: This is actually the dart i was looking at buying when i go over there. But hearing its not as grippy as it looks worries me. I prefer alot of grip. Hopefully i can get a "try before you buy".

Wouldn't almost 24g for full setup be too heavy for some of the soft tip machines ?

There is some grip there from the edges of the thin rings its just when you first look at it the barrels look likes its got a more severe shark style grip but its not as grippy as that, it still may be enough for you though, its hard to say, they may be more grippy to you than me?

I think 24g is the limit on some machines.

(08-14-2016, 04:38 PM)zanellan Wrote: I've bought a set of these too and grip at the rear and find them very grippy. Id say a good mid/high level of grip. The nicest looking set I own by far, a lovely looking dart!

Yes they are nice looking darts, I put the grip at high medium, to me it feels like a thin but shallow ring grip. May feel different to others though as we all feel different. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

really like the look of these. great review Darren.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

I am really starting to like some of these asian darts that are coming out. And a lot of of the extras such as cases and the packing are becoming nicer and nicer. Hopefully Unicorn can learn from this, for me they have one of the least attractive packaging/cases delivered with most darts.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

(08-15-2016, 10:58 AM)WhiskyPops Wrote: I am really starting to like some of these asian darts that are coming out. And a lot of of the extras such as cases and the packing are becoming nicer and nicer. Hopefully Unicorn can learn from this, for me they have one of the least attractive packaging/cases delivered with most darts.
Yeah with the growth of darts in Asia it means that different art styles and influences will be introduced to the darts world and its great to see.
(08-15-2016, 10:58 AM)WhiskyPops Wrote: I am really starting to like some of these asian darts that are coming out. And a lot of of the extras such as cases and the packing are becoming nicer and nicer. Hopefully Unicorn can learn from this, for me they have one of the least attractive packaging/cases delivered with most darts.

i would say that with their icon case and midi wallet Unicorn are one of the better (mainstream) manufacturers when it comes to cases. Winmau, Harrows and XQ Max just give a cheap old plastic case and Target don't give one at all.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Cheers guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Lets Face it ,,,most cases are used for 1 thing these days ,,, shipping ,,, then we all seem to strip down the darts and rebuild them and use another storage medium,,,, usually we end up leaving the original contents of the darts packaging intact minus the barrels,,,,least I do,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review -

They look like really nice darts especially length wise as I like a longer barrel, but man that is really some coin to put out for a set of darts - Over 100 US dollars -

I agree with original commenter, seem to heavy for a soft tip machine -
another great review Darren! Beautiful pics!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers guys!

I don't know all the machines limits but I am sure some are capable of taking more than 24g now as in the last few years there has been a lot of slightly heavier soft tip darts come out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Justin Pipe Edition One Darts Review Getagrip 7 164 07-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 13 3,512 07-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,770 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,577 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,210 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,362 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,422 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,588 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,190 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Bulls Razor 23g darts review Getagrip 27 52,273 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zeffer