Harrows Darts.

Darts Re Pointer Review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9OU8ReCTY

I have had lots of requests from people to review a re pointing tool and I have had this one since January so about time I got round to reviewing it, I think I bought a few sets of darts at the time also so got to get them done too!

I got this from Madhouse darts and I cant be sure but it may have been a little cheaper at the time I bought it but forgot what the exact price was but at present its £36 and if your a active forum member you can use the forum discount, you can find it here: Darts re pointer

I am not going to explain how it works here as it is much easier to just view the video and see it in operation but suffice to say its very easy to operate and works perfectly well.

I had a slightly different version to this a few years ago which had a wing nut instead of the bolt that is there now and that version was painful on the hands, this improved version is so much better and easier and far more comfortable to operate than the old one.

I don't really change points much so I may only use it a few times but if I could work out a way to make it re-point some old 1/4" thread darts that would be great, not sure if its possible but if any one knows then let me know here.

As it is it comes with a number of alan keys although I only see a use for the big and medium ones, not quite sure what the other 2 small ones are for but one fits in the nut next to the big turning nut so many its for keeping that tight?

I think if your only going to very rarely change a darts point then it may seem a little expensive to buy for such infrequent use but if you have a few friends or play for a club it could be a handy investment for helping out your mates when needed but regardless its always nice to have such a tool anyway.

I think this is a simple but very effective design and I have not found any negatives about it so far, a great tool! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That little one undoes the little nub which you screw the dart into. I found that out when mine fell out, didn't think for a moment it wasn't a solid part lol.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

A must have for every dart enthusiast.  As Darren showed it's an easy piece of kit to use, bit of patience and you're good.
Cant understand how people pay to have points changed when it is this easy, especially if you like Storm, diamond cut or CD points.
Excellent tool at a great price
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I bought one of these about a year ago. A very useful bit of kit for the price of a set of darts. The only little problem I had now and again is some points go in a little further than others so there was a bit of messing about to get the 3 points the same. Obviously with tornados or storms there is a lip so that does not apply there.

Excellent review and I like the little jingle at the beginning.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

One of the best bits of darting gear I've ever bought. A solid piece of kit.
Top notch Darren.
I been "Jonesing" for one of these for a while . I think you and GWN may have convinced me to put one in a shopping cart .   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
A welcome - and a little different - review, Darren! +1 (if you'd have given us an 'evil' laugh you could have earned a +2  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Bought one of these back in April from Madhouse (with the 10% discount) and am so glad I invested in it. Have repointed several sets of points, including Storms, on various different sets of darts without any problems at all so far (although putting the Storms IN was a little tough on my wrists and fingers, but I found that slipping a pair of gardening gloves on my hands to protect them helped immensely). 

I can only wholeheartedly recommend one of these really useful little gadgets. It'll soon save you the expense of sending your darts away to be repointed, plus it's quite an enjoyable and satisfying thing to do for yourself!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Thanks all1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-08-2016, 07:02 PM)Alex Wrote: That little one undoes the little nub which you screw the dart into. I found that out when mine fell out, didn't think for a moment it wasn't a solid part lol.

Yeah I thought that, I just did not want to mess with it too much Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-08-2016, 08:46 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: A welcome - and a little different - review, Darren! +1 (if you'd have given us an 'evil' laugh you could have earned a +2  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Bought one of these back in April from Madhouse (with the 10% discount) and am so glad I invested in it. Have repointed several sets of points, including Storms, on various different sets of darts without any problems at all so far (although putting the Storms IN was a little tough on my wrists and fingers, but I found that slipping a pair of gardening gloves on my hands to protect them helped immensely). 

I can only wholeheartedly recommend one of these really useful little gadgets. It'll soon save you the expense of sending your darts away to be repointed, plus it's quite an enjoyable and satisfying thing to do for yourself!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL if I keep doing the evil laugh I think some white coated folks will pay me a visit Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I recently bought one of these, great piece of kit, and from a novice 'point' - until 3 months ago I didnt' realise it was possible I thought you just junked the barrels

So easy to use and the review is superb as always.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
Because I have a repointer I have been elected as the area point swapper I have found that if you have access to chainsaw bar oil, if you lube the large bolt thread with a small paint brush this seems to last longer & work better than grease if you change a lot of points it is a must to keep the large bolt lubed or it will suffer premature thread wear
(08-09-2016, 09:33 AM)goonas Wrote: I recently bought one of these, great piece of kit, and from a novice 'point' - until 3 months ago I didnt' realise it was possible I thought you just junked the barrels

So easy to use and the review is superb as always.

thanks mate, I think a lot of people are worried they will do it wrong but its so simple, I am the worlds worse DIYer so if I can do it then anyone can Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-09-2016, 10:00 AM)Little al Wrote: Because I have a repointer I have been elected as the area point swapper I have found that if you have access to chainsaw bar oil, if you lube the large bolt thread with a small paint brush this seems to last longer & work better than grease  if you change a lot of points it is a must to keep the large bolt lubed or it will suffer premature thread wear

Nice tip Al although I don't think I will be changing too many myself although I can think of a few sets I would like to add the Tornado points to. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Whenever I repoint, I put a drop of super glue or Loctite on the part that goes inside the barrel especially it the point goes in without much force fitting. It helps a lot in securing the points to the barrels
(08-09-2016, 03:27 PM)Mel Timtiman Wrote: Whenever I repoint, I put a drop of super glue or Loctite on the part that goes inside the barrel especially it the point goes in without much force fitting.  It helps a lot in securing the points to the barrels

yeah I think that's a good tip, especially on the looser fitting points Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi Grip,

Regarding your question about how to repoint 1/4 inch thread darts, you could use a 1/4 inch - 2ba add-a-gram. I haven't been able to locate any UK-based stores that carry them, but here's a link to a US-based store that has them: https://shop.dartbrokers.com/1-4-to-2ba-...egoryId=-1

A set a three isn't too expensive at $1.95, but it looks like shipping to the UK is $7.55, so $9.50 total.

Hope this helps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer) REBEL 2 10,424 03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Last Post: McInnis180