Shot Darts

Doubles Practice
Hadn't seen this routine on the forum, so I thought I would post.

Added a book to my Kindle the other day as I am always looking for darts related material.  The book is "Darts Finishing Mastery" by Jim Chatterton (who incidentally has three books in the series).  He goes through all of the possible finishes for 2-40, then 41-80, etc. and has drills for each section.  The one I am doing now is from the first chapter and consists of only doubles and goes as follows:

20, 10, 5 x 2, 10, 20
19 x 2
18, 9 x 2, 18
17 x 2
16, 8, 4, 2, 1 x 2, 2, 4, 8, 16
15 x 2
14, 7 x 2, 14
13 x 2
12, 6, 3 x 2, 6, 12
11 x 2

So, you hit a double and then go to its half and so on.  Hit the lowest number twice, then work your way back up.  If it is an odd number, you cannot halve it so you hit its double twice.  At the completion of this drill you will have hit every double twice. 

Simple drill but nice to have another bit of variety when I practice so I thought I would share.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Interesting drill

I don't know if it's possible to simulate having to hit a double to win a game of 501 but hitting the "half of" double is definitely a good idea.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Similar to the split double routine posted not long ago. Both good practice routines. Good stuff!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

I like this drill
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
The book has several others, one of which has you practicing every possible combination for a given number. Helpful to me because I have been playing a year or so now but still working on the math of the game.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Nice routine
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
@Ranger86, I picked that book up also. I also got the free one that concentrates on the bull, and the "The 7 Pillars of Darts", free from his website. I'm going to start working through the first book and that first exercise does seem helpful. Oddly? it seems I have more of an issue doubling in than out. In either case, I need to practice doubles and this is a nice alternative to simply going 'round the board.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
Hi all, I only just saw this thread. I am the author of the book, and I am glad it is proving helpful to you. The routine you mention is one I developed myself, although I am sure other people do similar routines elsewhere. 

If there are any questions regarding the book I am more than happy to answer them on this forum.

Thanks

JimC
Hi Jim, I just got the free book today also! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Welcome to the forum! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-13-2016, 05:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Hi Jim, I just got the free book today also! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Welcome to the forum! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you!! I hope it proves of use to you...
Tried this yesterday; it is probably above my skill but I stuck with it and finished.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Personally I don't practice doubles much. The way I see it is if I can hit my treble I can hit my double. Not practiced on doubles in a while and I'm still hitting  them enough  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-13-2016, 05:17 PM)jchatt30 Wrote: Hi all, I only just saw this thread. I am the author of the book, and I am glad it is proving helpful to you. The routine you mention is one I developed myself, although I am sure other people do similar routines elsewhere. 

If there are any questions regarding the book I am more than happy to answer them on this forum.

Thanks

JimC

I am just looking for the material and way to practice how to finish the darts game, and accidentally know about books from this thread too, thanks for your free book and I am going to buy the Kindle version for another one ^_^
MyDarts founder - https://www.mydarts.hk / https://www.facebook.com/mydartshk

Hong Kong Darts Association 64th League - Division 3A, Darutra x MyDarts R
Profile: https://stats.mydarts.hk/HKDA/player/7194
Best finish: 19 darts (11 May 2017)
High out: 110 (18 Feb 2016)

Hong Kong Dartslive Super League Season 14 - Division S4 Group 8, Rooftop x MyDarts M
Profile: https://stats.mydarts.hk/Superleague/player/83653

Hong Kong Phoenix Official League Season 14 - G2G, Hero II
Match schedule: https://play.phoenixdart.com/selectMatch...tage=43280
I can verify that all 3 books are top notch, I think Jims writing style is to the point. It's best used as a work through, so read a chapter, learn and pratice. .. Then repeat...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,896 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,358 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,354 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 4,132 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Doubles Practice Joe Garofalo 5 1,064 01-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Doubles practice videos neilbirkin 10 2,100 11-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: neilbirkin
  My version of doubles practice(s) laurensvanputten 4 923 08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Last Post: laurensvanputten
  Doubles Practice Game MichaelB 3 1,006 05-28-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Doubles practice game for beginners PC462000 0 1,077 11-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Last Post: PC462000
  My Bulls-Doubles practice routine - This routine will improve your game. *Saber* 36 7,202 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Machine618