Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target Titanium carbon stems review
So I was fortunate enough to get a ticket to the target launch courtesy of Getagrip.

The launch itself was fantastic and will talk about that later in another post....

So at the launch we got a good bag and one of the items were the new Titanium carbon stems in intermediate, perfect! What I use! Here they are...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And here they are fitted to my Showtime Neo bombs...

With these darts I think the set up looks great but with others I put them on I didn't like the look.

I was worried about the grip on the flights at first but I've been using them for 2 days now and they held well, even without the rings.

So all was going well until just now....

I did want to use these for a while longer before giving my opinion but well....
Bounce out and snap on my laminate floor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The thread inside the Titanium part is quite small and thin so this may be a big problem possibly.

I think they look great and no broken twines from Robin hoods but never really got a chance to test them. May test the other two with another normal stem to see how strong they are.

Any how as they are, I won't be buying a new set when they come out which is unfortunate.
What a nightmare I was really looking forward to them, they're a great idea but obviously not the most practical idea in the world as I suspected a few of the carbon tops might end up snapping inside the titanium part
It's a shame really as they look the business
They look good but I was not sure about the combo myself, I have had some experience with both carbon and titanium and I don't think in some applications its the best of materials to use.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for posting - I was interested in getting some of these to try out, but after seeing this I'm not so sure now - I've got a laminate floor as well.
Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to hear more about the day at Target.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I do like the look if them, but dont understand the logic behind these. What s the titanium bit for? To add weight at the rear of the dart? Or just aesthetics? Or something else?

It feels like a philosophy of why use one material, when you can use two? Which doesn't really make sense.
Yeah don't understand a 2 piece stem like this either. Just use one material.
Most likely aesthetics, appeal and marketability.

Carbon is brittle, and narrow carbon will easily snap. I guess it was a design oversight. A better option, like the Slikstix Alum/Ti combo might have been nylon or flexible plastic.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i like the look. I ordered a set with my Norris and O'Shea darts. Hopefully ill have better luck with them lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Welp, I ordered a set and replaceable tops the other day, i knew i should of just gone with L-style. Hopefully mine last longer then a few days.
I've preordered a set in midi size just to try - they look different and are not expensive. If I get a snap as quickly as that it'll be the last ones I buy though. I've been using the same set of L Style carbons for two years and, although expensive initially, I consider them excellent value. As others have said, I don't really see the logic in 2 piece stems when a solid carbon stem is very strong indeed. I guess its just aesthetics and doing something different - although I'm surprised Target haven't offered their Progrips in carbon yet.
(07-29-2016, 08:05 PM)Greener Wrote: I do like the look if them, but dont understand the logic behind these. What s the titanium bit for? To add weight at the rear of the dart? Or just aesthetics? Or something else?

It feels like a philosophy of why use one material, when you can use two? Which doesn't really make sense.

So they can charge more...simple as that, like most of these gimmicks there's no practical benefit at all to the user.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Didn't they learn from the Unicorn stems ?
Phase 5 and Sigma Pro.
They had also the advantage of flexible tops instead of masive

Enjoy
may all the doubles be with you

I like the phase 5 and although I agree there is no real practicality with Ti carbon stems I thought they looked good and the idea of having both carbon and Titanium is interesting lol
I am so looking forward to trying these,,,,,Here is a pic of a setup on a set of darts ,,,,,Titanium Power stems with L-Flight flights,,,,the L-Flight cap just does cover the tangs of the replaceable top,,,,,

I like the feel of the smooth stem against my hand ,,,and the added weight,,,,these stems weight 2 grams by themselves,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archers Vice Grip stems review Getagrip 30 8,692 09-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Spangle
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 29 4,915 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 4,572 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 4,312 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,391 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 15,894 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Kwiz Titan dart stems review Cosmo 5 3,539 08-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review 4737 Carlin 21 7,233 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Target Cortex Titanium Shafts review Getagrip 21 10,792 01-19-2017, 03:38 PM
  Unicorn Gripper 4 stems review and durability test Getagrip 27 14,122 01-05-2017, 10:45 AM