Unicorn

portable dart stands
Hi all,

I recently moved into a rental property and can not fix a dart board to the wall, so I brought a portable dart stand (the lean 2 pro). Ever since I've been playing on the stand my form has dropped considerably. It feels like the board is very far away and when I play on a fixed board it feels too close. Just wondering has this happened too anyone else and are stands bad for your game?
My Son had the same experience at Uni,  he moved it closer to the wall and after a spell it was fine,  I play on it when I visit and I found it ok,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-26-2016, 01:31 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: My Son had the same experience at Uni,  he moved it closer to the wall and after a spell it was fine,  I play on it when I visit and I found it ok,
I started with a tripod dart stand and then switched to one that leans against the wall and having the same problem
Might be the perception of dept, can you place it very close to a wall or hang a cloth or something right behind it?
I just bought the Voks over a door hanger - haven't tried it out yet, but will this weekend - Was only 25 bucks - Let you know how it works
(07-26-2016, 01:50 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Might be the perception of dept, can you place it very close to a wall or hang a cloth or something right behind it?

the lean 2 pro actually leans against the wall but still having same problem....
Maybe it is the depth perception. Have you measured it all correctly once set up? That oart took me a while to get right. I bought the dartcaddy stand and it did take some getting used to but now I have no problem.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-26-2016, 01:28 PM)joellypotts Wrote: Hi all,

I recently moved into a rental property and can not fix a dart board to the wall, so I brought a portable dart stand (the lean 2 pro). Ever since I've been playing on the stand my form has dropped considerably. It feels like the board is very far away and when I play on a fixed board it feels too close. Just wondering has this happened too anyone else and are stands bad for your game?

Hi Joe,

This is a strange one but I can relate to the idea of perceptions versus reality i.e when I practice at home and then play on the club boards. Initially, it always seems that the club board is further away because of the surroundings i.e larger space much bigger room etc,etc. However after a few throws I adjust and all is fine. Whilst you know both are perfectly set up it still take a couple of throws to accept it's all in the mind Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. really its a matter of perspective that's all.

With regards to the Lean2 Pro I've only ever heard great things about from users at my club its a very clever and truly portable stand and a while ago I had several throws at one and found it rock solid and spot on. I must declare that the "Lean2 Pro" was invented by Tony Birtwistle who is a member of my club but my opinion is based on my time playing on it.

regards

Dorian Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(07-26-2016, 11:34 PM)Dorian Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 01:28 PM)joellypotts Wrote: Hi all,

Hi Joe,

This is a strange one but I can relate to the idea of perceptions versus reality i.e when I practice at home and then play on the club boards. Initially, it always seems that the club board is further away because of the surroundings i.e larger space much bigger room etc,etc. However after a few throws I adjust and all is fine. Whilst you know both are perfectly set up it still take a couple of throws to accept it's all in the mind Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. really its a matter of perspective that's all.

With regards to the Lean2 Pro I've only ever heard great things about from users at my club its a very clever and truly portable stand and a while ago I had several throws at one and found it rock solid and spot on. I must declare that the "Lean2 Pro" was invented by Tony Birtwistle who is a member of my club but my opinion is based on my time playing on it.

regards

Dorian Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I agree the lean 2 pro is the best portable dart stand on the market but at the end of the day you can't beat fixing the board to the wall Thanks all for your help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You could try cutting a piece of plywood, mounting the board to that (with suitable carpet squares and a surround on the visible portion and a piece of acoustical baffle tile (to help with the sound)& 4 rubber chair tips or a similar thing for each corner of the backside (to help with stability). I recently purchased 50 pound picture hangers, and they had picture hangers that would support 100 pounds (bought one in the past for a full length early 1900s arts and crafts mirror - hanging in my bedroom for years now-no worries). If you're allowed to use picture hangers, this would result in mounting your board in the equivalent of one nail. The nail is a tiny hole as regards patching...a speck of plaster and you'll never know it was there.

Might work for the depth perception thing to have your board mounted directly on the wall. Just a thought....or 6 or 12! :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartboard Stands...are they worth a try? Jackal7 11 614 03-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  Question on lights and stands Toosum 5 444 12-04-2019, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Got some lovely dart stands worth sharing vanJupp 13 1,341 03-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  dartboard stands Mattb0612 5 1,055 12-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Last Post: cking10304
Big Grin Cheap Display Stands smithshane05 2 799 07-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Dart Display Stands Deuce Blue 2 1,220 05-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Rj21988
  Shot Nomad Portable Darts Stand PeaCake 5 849 02-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Last Post: PeaCake