Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Darts often 1/5
Sad 
Heya guys,

I have the following 'problem', often when I throw darts they will land in the 1 or 5. Throwing often 41, 45 or 61 etc. Anyone having tips how to avoid this or any tips which could help me out?

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Only solid bit of advice I could give is try make your throwing action as smooth and consistent as possible.
Other than that it's all down to practice and putting in the hours, try not to overthink your throw too much aswell that never helps.
I think we all go through phases of 26's/41's at some point or the other, just keep at it mate, and good luck Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Walker! Currently I am overthinking a bit too much, like am I standing well, holding the dart else etc. It makes me so frustrated that it keeps going in to the 5's and 1's. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-23-2016, 06:49 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote: Thanks Walker! Currently I am overthinking a bit too much, like am I standing well, holding the dart else etc. It makes me so frustrated that it keeps going in to the 5's and 1's. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I know the feeling mate, you can ask anyone here we all know the feeling all too well lol, just keep it up you'll get there in the end Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Glad to hear that I am not the only one, hahah! So I should keep on throwing the darts? ^-^
(07-23-2016, 07:42 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote: Glad to hear that I am not the only one, hahah! So I should keep on throwing the darts? ^-^

If you like the feel of the darts and they're comfy in hand then I'd say keep at it, if they just don't feel right then maybe you need to try a different style/weight to see if something else might suit you better.
Either way the experimenting is the fun part so keep practicing and keep improving Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-23-2016, 06:34 PM)Walker Wrote: Only solid bit of advice I could give is try make your throwing action as smooth and consistent as possible.
Other than that it's all down to practice and putting in the hours, try not to overthink your throw too much aswell that never helps.
I think we all go through phases of 26's/41's at some point or the other, just keep at it mate, and good luck Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-23-2016, 07:58 PM)Walker Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 07:42 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote: Glad to hear that I am not the only one, hahah! So I should keep on throwing the darts? ^-^

If you like the feel of the darts and they're comfy in hand then I'd say keep at it, if they just don't feel right then maybe you need to try a different style/weight to see if something else might suit you better.
Either way the experimenting is the fun part so keep practicing and keep improving Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts which I have (RDD Plasma: https://www.reddragondarts.com/det/13975...a-24-gram/) feel comfy, only I hate the shafts which are on it. Do you have a shaft recommendation? I threw last week 180 with them, so I must do something good..lol.. But not consistent enough cause that they often go in the 1's & 5's Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Will try your tips! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 06:34 PM)Walker Wrote: Only solid bit of advice I could give is try make your throwing action as smooth and consistent as possible.

(07-23-2016, 07:42 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote: Glad to hear that I am not the only one, hahah! So I should keep on throwing the darts? ^-^

The darts which I have (RDD Plasma: https://www.reddragondarts.com/det/13975...a-24-gram/) feel comfy, only I hate the shafts which are on it. Do you have a shaft recommendation? I threw last week 180 with them, so I must do something good..lol.. But not consistent enough cause that they often go in the 1's & 5's Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Will try your tips! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They're actually great darts, if that's where you comfortably grip then they have the perfect reference point for consistent grip.
As for then shafts of just grab some cheap nylon ones in short, intermediate and medium and just mess about and see what works best for you, same goes for flights, id personally just grab some cheap ones in the more common shapes (standard, pear, kite) and see what works best for you
Just don't go from setup to setup too quick, I'd give it a bit of time if I was you and get a feel for each setup so you know 100% whether it works for you or doesn't

(07-23-2016, 08:15 PM)Walker Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Darts Eagle Wrote:

They're actually great darts, if that's where you comfortably grip then they have the perfect reference point for consistent grip.
As for then shafts of just grab some cheap nylon ones in short, intermediate and medium and just mess about and see what works best for you, same goes for flights, id personally just grab some cheap ones in the more common shapes (standard, pear, kite) and see what works best for you
Just don't go from setup to setup too quick, I'd give it a bit of time if I was you and get a feel for each setup so you know 100% whether it works for you or doesn't

In the beginning I did held the darts more in the front, but trying the last days to hold the dart more in the middle. With these shafts I have the problem that my flight is bouncing out of the dart (they have from those little rings already on them). Really annoying when I have to put them everytime up, lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So maybe I need to change to nylon shafts instead of these plastic ones Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Check this : https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...302&page=7
Will check it out, thanks Zsocca!
Strange thing is that I threw again another 180 while playing a match against a friend, but still don't know from where that comes from..haha!
(07-25-2016, 10:16 AM)Darts Eagle Wrote: Strange thing is that I threw again another 180 while playing a match against a friend, but still don't know from where that comes from..haha!

Gratz!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Zsocca! Probably I just should 'throw' and see what happens :p
Hmm, I thought it would be a good idea to film 'my' throw. Came up with this short video..Any thoughts? :s I noticed that I don't do a really good "follow-through" how important is it? The first throw in the video I did threw a 140. Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.