Double Top Darts.

Red Dragon Featherlite 5 10g darts
Once more unto the breach, dear friends; I have bought lighter darts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These are the 10g model of the Red Dragon Featherlite 5. They do more than just the Featherlite 1 in 10g. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts

The darts come in a plastic sealed packet:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Inside that is a bar wallet with the darts in.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Inside that is the barrels sealed in a plastic packet with a set of aluminium stems. You also get 2 sets of standard flights and a guarantee card:

A closer look at the barrels:

They have a thin ring grip to near the back of the barrel then, nothing too special but it looks nice. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd do measurements here but the battery in my calipers died! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They seem to match up with the dimensions posted by Red Dragon though - which is 33mm length, 5.7mm width and they're drilled out about 10mm.

Weights

0.06 in the weights then, so falls in the 0.1 guarantee!

Weight of a flight, stem, and full supplied setup:

Obviously with my preferred setup the weight is more.

Balance

Barrel only:

Supplied setup:

Preferred setup:

Balance is near the back then, just how I like it!

How they fly

With the supplied setup, surprisingly well! Got a few 140s with them. They landed tail-up:

With my preferred setup they lie down more but I've got them flatter than this.

The darts are quite grippy without it being noticeable - it doesn't feel grippy but there's certainly a good grip. RD advertises it as 4/5, I'd say it's 7 out of 10 or a medium-high level.

Scores on the doors

Looks: 7.5/10. No nonsense but still nice to look at.
Match weighting: 9/10. 0.06 is very good, not quite the 0.05 needed for a 9.5 though.
Value: 9.5/10. About £15 posted is crazy value!
Suitability for me: 10/10. Going like a dream thus far. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
How nice to throw: 10/10. Lighter seems to be better with me! And these are the extreme sde of light; almost too light to be legal!

Best feature: The value. £15 is great value for a set of darts. 

Final score: 11/10. Yes, these break the counter! They're even better than my 12g Sharks. I didn't think it was possible but these just feel better. They're the extreme side of light yes but they work!

I think I can stop buying darts now. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. But keep an eye on my next review - it's something a bit special...

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
11/10 mmmmm
Valencia/Spain

I have 7.5 gram set ,so you can go lighter
180-1(33)

(07-23-2016, 04:18 PM)Troll Wrote: I have 7.5 gram set ,so you can go lighter

Oh I was under the impression that the minimum was 10g. I don't think I could buy a set that is less than 10g though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'd have to have customs made for that!

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

(07-23-2016, 09:04 PM)Kosumo Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 04:18 PM)Troll Wrote: I have 7.5 gram set ,so you can go lighter

Oh I was under the impression that the minimum was 10g. I don't think I could buy a set that is less than 10g though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'd have to have customs made for that!
My are custom made by Tony and from brass ,but you could buy Ben Dersch soft tips they also were 7.5 gram,but soft tip .Rare case that darts are made by Japanese company ,player actually uses them ,and to buy them you don`t need to sell  your kidney
180-1(33)

Nice review mate with some great pictures Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I've got some 10grm featherlights (the ones with the scallop) but I like the look of these a mini version of a classic design....33mm in length is tiny it's amazing. Does your darts landing flat/down effect your grouping much (or do you overstack?)
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review. I also have the 10g featherlite version with the scallop and enjoy throwing them from time to time. No doubting that they are a superbly well made dart at a low weight
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Awesome review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. way too light for me but if they work for you then that's all that matters lol +1 given

Member previously known as Daveheald

I had a set of these last year, a lovely lil dart and got a 180 with them!

I did find tho that outside the practice environment. That they accentuated every little error in my throw when under pressure (ie match situation) which led to some wayward darts u wouldn't get with a heavier barrell
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(07-24-2016, 09:10 AM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote: Nice review mate with some great pictures Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I've got some 10grm featherlights (the ones with the scallop) but I like the look of these a mini version of a classic design....33mm in length is tiny it's amazing. Does your darts landing flat/down effect your grouping much (or do you overstack?)

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I find I work better with darts that lie down, especially on doubles. With standard flights I can be a bit more consistent scoring wise but doubling is basically non-existent lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-25-2016, 02:12 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Nice review. I also have the 10g featherlite version with the scallop and enjoy throwing them from time to time. No doubting that they are a superbly well made dart at a low weight

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Not tried the scalloped ones but don't think I want to to be honest, looks just a little too thin there for my liking.

(07-26-2016, 07:22 AM)Rodney Wrote: Awesome review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. way too light for me but if they work for you then that's all that matters lol +1 given

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-26-2016, 07:44 AM)NiteEyez Wrote: I had a set of these last year, a lovely lil dart and got a 180 with them!

I did find tho that outside the practice environment. That they accentuated every little error in my throw when under pressure (ie match situation) which led to some wayward darts u wouldn't get with a heavier barrell

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Yeah, lighter darts tend to do that. I'm sure it would take some getting used to but I mainly throw them to avoid my arm aching. If that starts in a match I'm done for! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I find that anything too heavy makes my arm tire out and that means bad things in a match for sure, so lighter works better for me as it doesn't occur nearly as soon or at all. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Current setup: