Unicorn

S7 #10 Reviews: Unicorn 25g Terry Jenkins Icon Edition
Evening Nutz!

I am writing this whilst watching an absorbing matchplay quarter final between Taylor and King. As this is my 10th review, I wanted to do something special. My first review was on a set of 25g Ted Hankeys (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=13518) so I am harking back to that bygone age and doing a review of the 25g Terry Jenkins. Unicorn have recently been releasing some of their more popular darts as 'Icon' editions which come in a very nice presentation case. I got these from Madhouse Darts for £34.99. They come in 21g,23g and 25g and there is also a DNA coated version in 21g.

1. PACKAGING The box is very nice and quite a striking design but the actual Icon case they come in is gorgeous! It has a solid feel to it and the outside has a suede-like texture and also has that window to look through. The case itself isn't very practical as it has no space for any extras.

2. LOOKS AND DIMENSIONS They come with their usual Unicorn aluminium stems and a set of Terry Jenkins red flights.

These are a slightly narrow dart at 6.34mm but a little longer than what I normally use at 53.42mm.

And compared to a 25g Ted Hankey dart

3. PERFORMANCE As with all smooth barrels, they need a good ten minutes use before the barrel 'warms up' and then they become surprisingly grippy. These are very even weighted but feel a little 'floaty' through the air so I had to slow my throw down just slightly to make them accurate. They fly very nicely through the air for me with no evidence of drift or fishtailing.

Compared to the Ted Hankey. The Jenkins land a lot flatter as they are more even weighted whereas the Hankeys are more front weighted so land a lot more 'tail up'

4. CONCLUSION A smmoth barrel dart is one that all dart players should try. They are grippier than you can imagine and are great fun to throw. The Jenkins are an excellent dart that would suit most players. They are superbly weighted throughout and I have found no real difference in flight when using a front, middle or rear grip. The flight is quite flat and true. I have had a lot of fun testing these and I urge others to give them a whirl. If you like a front weighted dart then try the Hankeys. They are both excellent darts in their own right and I can't recommend a smooth barrel highly enough. Many thanks for your time guys and all comments will be greatfully received Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review, hit all the points. :thumbup:

Have a set of the 21's and always have a blast throwing with them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brad
Nice review. Simple barrel, but definitely effective. Real good job
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Great review and nice darts +1 given

Member previously known as Daveheald

great review. want to see a comparison between hankeys jenkins and buntings as they share similar barrel profile.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SGP611 發送
very nice darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice review got these and the hankey. Smooth is the way to go!
Never tried a smooth dart but nice review
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I threw a Pal's set on Saturday...140, 140, 100....Haven't even got my ando's yet and I want to order these!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-04-2017, 04:24 PM)OAKZER Wrote: I threw a Pal's set on Saturday...140, 140, 100....Haven't even got my ando's yet and I want to order these!

Awesome! Smooth darts are superb. I know when throwing these that if a dart goes all over the place it's because of me rather than it sticking because of excess grip
Totally agree ^
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Solid review. You've talked me into trying a smooth dart

Rick
Georgia, USA
(04-11-2017, 10:11 PM)Krafty Wrote: Solid review.  You've talked me into trying a smooth dart

Rick
Georgia, USA

My work here is done  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 3,007 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Soft tip equivalent to Datadart Icon 23gr MGLX 5 1,125 10-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,893 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,263 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  Smooth Darts: Ted Hankey's vs Terry Jenkins redhedkev 10 5,138 03-07-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Deanmr180
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,271 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan