Target Darts.

Converting Steel Sets to Soft Tip
I am considering sending 5 or 6 of my favourite sets (Including Hamiltons, Gripper 3 and 4, Kyle Andersons) to be converted to soft tip.

I play 50/50 soft and steel and really want the transiition to be as smooth as possible.

There is a soft tip[ version of Hamiltons but it is straight barreled.    I really think soft tip dartsa taking 25g is a great opportunity to easily switch between soft and steel.

ANY thoughts would be appreciated

Madness ?   Over thinking ?

thanks
Not sure how much weight it will take off but worth a try, I would just do one set first to see how it turns out.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd agree with doing just one set to start off with, but if you are playing both codes equally then it would mean consistency with the same darts - just make sure your soft tip and conversion points weigh near enough the same
thanks you too - I think I will do 3 or 4 for now to save on postage costs (I'm in Korea) - then perhaps another batch.

Now to look for a thread where someone has kindly weighed and measured soft tip points and conversions....
Did I read /hear some place that there is a weight limit of around 20/22 grm on darts used in some soft tip games ? or is it old age brain fade ( Darts starting out as ST top weight seems around that # Correct me if I,m incorrect.
25g total round these parts
In my Soft tip league ,,, 20 grams including point ,,,stem and flights,,,,We shoot on Arachnid G3 boards,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Different boards have different max weight. As Oldjoblo said G3 is 20g. I think Dartlive is 22g but not 100% sure on that right now. Older G1 and G2 boards is 18g. Thats usually why people stick with 18-20g just so you can throw on any board you happen to find. But unless the board service people or you try to join a league nobody will care about the max weight.
You read this? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=28464
Very interresting for keeping weight and ballance.
And you can do by yourself if you've got a repointer.
Pdc needs steel tip players from asia Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DartsLive is 25g , as is Phoenix (I hope)
(08-10-2017, 07:11 AM)philliesricky Wrote: DartsLive is 25g , as is Phoenix (I hope)

If you are in Korea, speak to Richard Edwards, he send us several sets a week for conversion.

Weight loss is sometimes quite a lot as the dart needs to be cut back to get a diameter of 5.80mm, then the new hole can be drilled and threaded.

The more tapered the nose of the dart, the further it needs to be cut back.

A good 2g would be lost.
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

Thanks Tony , I am Richard Edwards .. this is an old thread
(08-11-2017, 11:58 PM)Fphilliesricky Wrote: Thanks Tony , I am Richard Edwards .. this is an old thread

Haha, I realised that after I'd posted, but keep em coming...
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting soft tip to steel... Dale evans 11 622 10-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  Searching steel and soft tip darts floxxxxx 2 320 05-27-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer
  soft tip to steel tips T4cTiCs 6 310 04-24-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Converting a One80 R2 point neil_kman 3 528 09-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Soft Tip and Steel Tip darts with same dimensions philliesricky 4 964 11-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Last Post: robi10
  Use steel conversion points on soft-tip darts Texas 5 2,143 08-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Texas
  Length discrepancy between steel and soft Jacob Schaeffer 5 786 07-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer