Darts Buddy

L-SILENT: How to get RID of the RATTLE!
I've inserted this into my guide of the L-Style system, but there may be folks who will still ask, so I'm posting a separate thread on this. It should work for all the Silent style stems. Hope it helps.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Brilliant mate. Thanks for the info, I'll give this a try!
Hope the guide helps Yuillsy.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-19-2016, 06:57 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Hope the guide helps Yuillsy.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm sure it will. I'll give it a bash tomorrow. It's so frustrating as it's only 1 shaft on my set of carbons that's loose and it's putting me off using them!
(07-19-2016, 09:43 PM)Yuillsy Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 06:57 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Hope the guide helps Yuillsy.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm sure it will. I'll give it a bash tomorrow. It's so frustrating as it's only 1 shaft on my set of carbons that's loose and it's putting me off using them!

Could be a defect. Have you tried contacting/emailing where you got them from, or L-Style directly in your country/Japan? It's the first time I've heard of a Carbon Silent rattling.

I've emailed L-Style Europe. Just waiting on a reply.
ive got about 3 sets of carbon silent and all 3 sets rattled eventually... which eventually made me switch to fit shafts. will try your tip and see if i can breathe some life back into my L-style gear! Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Little bump, has anybody else had success with this? I'm thinking about trying the silent L-style but hate the rattle that comes with spinning shafts. I use regular L-style with champagne cap flights and love it.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Go for the Carbon Silent John-B, not the L-Silent.

The Carbon Silent is said to eliminate the rattle.

(11-04-2016, 07:52 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Go for the Carbon Silent John-B, not the L-Silent.

Can confirm, my carbon ones don't rattle at all. The regular ones do, even when greased up.
(11-04-2016, 07:58 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 07:52 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Go for the Carbon Silent John-B, not the L-Silent.

Can confirm, my carbon ones don't rattle at all. The regular ones do, even  when greased up.

See if a much heavier grease helps Joeriw.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-04-2016, 07:52 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Go for the Carbon Silent John-B, not the L-Silent.

Can confirm, my carbon ones don't rattle at all. The regular ones do, even  when greased up.

Thanks guys, if I do get the silent it will be carbon... Even tho grease is a simple fix, I don't want to buy a product I need to "make" work better, I'm glad the carbons don't rattle.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(11-04-2016, 10:00 PM)John_B Wrote:

Thanks guys, if I do get the silent it will be carbon... Even tho grease is a simple fix, I don't want to buy a product I need to "make" work better, I'm glad the carbons don't rattle.

There might not be an audible rattle but I can feel it as I raise the dart.  Feels like a loose shaft, I might  go to locked.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Shaft Carbon Silent metar 27 9,381 05-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman