Shot Darts

Voks Bomber 18g darts reveiw

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5GmGWNFSyM

These are from the Voks 2015 range and I started the review of these darts in Oct I think but never got round to finishing it properly, so here it is at last!

The Voks Bomber comes in a few guises and weights, this is the Fulcrum version and there is also a soft tip and fixed point and EL-C versions.

The Fulcrum version is available in 18, 23 and 25 grams I am reviewing the 18g. It is $99 and comes with the Fulcrum movable steel tips and Spring loaded soft tip points, you can also use a regular 2ba soft tip if you don't want the spring loaded version.

You can find more info on the Voks site here:Voks Bomber Fulcrum

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual nice Voks packaging with a little Voks wallet, point protector, extra short stems and slim Voks flights. With the Fulcrum kit you get the Fulcrum steel tips and Spring loaded soft tips and a little wrench to tighten them up along with a couple of info/instruction sheets:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see its another rather unique design from Voks, its got a bulbous front end with 5 indented ovals with deep cross cut grooves cut into it and then the rear is made up of a chunky square faceted grip with deep cuts too. I would say overall its high medium to lower end of high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Barrels were closely matched just two hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Full set up with spring loaded points:

Full setup with Fulcrum points:

BALANCE:

The shape makes checking the balance a little awkward but with the spring loaded points attached the balance was just about centre, may be a little in front along where it slopes but kind of hard to balance due to that shape there:

With the supplied set up it moved just a fraction closer to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

It worked well enough with my usual front grip:

Darts often landed a little mixed but mostly at close to my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Well the Fulcrum version of the Bomber is certainly a versatile dart, its great for both soft or steel and I gave both a good try. Its kind of strange but in the steel tip mode it felt strangely lighter even though its actually a fraction heavier but I think as an 18g dart I preferred it in the soft tip guise.

I am not sure if the dart is purely aimed at front grippers but I don't see that been the case as the rear has such a nice grip. As a front gripper though I thought the grip was a lot less strange than I was expecting it to be, I think it was a little weird but it kind of depends how you grab it and place your grip.

I think front grippers with small fingers will probably find it most comfy but some times I would get the tips of fingers to rest on the indents and it felt comfortable and good to throw and other times I kind of rolled it a little on release and it was a little mis-directed. I thought the darts were flying fairly flat but that could be to do with the set up too as when I tried some mediums and standard flights it was not so flat and a touch more floaty, I think the barrels quite suited the supplied set up though. Overall though it flew rather well with my front grip.

Throwing the darts from the centre and with my grip slightly on the sloped section felt the most comfy and for me it did not throw to bad so should be much better for natural middle grippers.

Throwing from the rear the darts actually seemed smoothest through the air but it was a bit too awkward for me but again for natural rear grippers could be fine.

One thing I notice when throwing with the spring loaded soft tips is the darts seemed a fair bit quieter when hitting the board, I guess the spring was absorbing the impact Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I also tried the darts with the Fulcrum point and they flew fine although for steel tip I think I would want the heavier 23g, its weird as I am throwing a touch closer to the board on steel tip than on soft tip but I still want a heavier dart??? Must be just one of those mental things Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So overall I think the dart could quite easily suit a few types of grips but I would say most likely centre grippes could get the best from it and then possibly rear grippers but I think for front grippers it may depend on how your grip sits and how big your fingers are.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (nice and unique)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 9 (great quality)
Value: 7.5 (effectively 2 darts in one)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (not too bad at all)

Best Feature: Versatility Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent ,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Voks certainly put out some quality products. Definitely my favourite American manufacturer and up there with my overall favourites, workmanship on their darts is great.

Have a +1, ace review as ever Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Great review as always Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Brad
Top notch review as ever.
I like the look of those a lot.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Sure is a sexy dart! I could do things with it!!!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. (As in modify them! What were you guys thinking?)

Excellent as always Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-19-2016, 09:18 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Sure is a sexy dart! I could do things with it!!!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. (As in modify them! What were you guys thinking?)

Excellent as always Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can always stick your dick in soft tip barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)

Thanks everyone, I do like the engineering in Voks designs, very cool Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review. Great pics of the quality Voks workmanship. They sure know how to machine a barrel into some interesting designs and yet retain the weight match...quality
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry, looking forward to seeing what new darts they have this year, Aug 8th Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voks Jagger 23g darts review Getagrip 28 26,374 06-29-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Voks Darts Reviews JayKay 6 3,202 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Winmau Jeff Smith 23g darts reveiw Getagrip 18 13,897 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM
  Voks MMA 22g Darts Review 2018 Design Your Own Darts Winner Getagrip 27 5,945 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Voks Tracer One 23g darts review Getagrip 17 7,089 07-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Unicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4 23g darts reveiw Getagrip 33 18,985 12-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Thumbs Up JW One 23g darts review the Voks 2017 Design a dart winner! Getagrip 28 8,786 11-24-2017, 05:31 PM
  Voks Cruzer 24g darts review Getagrip 5 5,103 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM
  Voks Hayabusa 19g darts review Getagrip 22 10,259 08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
  Voks Overlord 24g darts review Getagrip 46 32,454 06-04-2017, 07:15 PM