Target Darts.

Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price

Adrian Lewis started a war of words with Gerwyn Price after setting up a showdown in the last-16 of the World Matchplay.

The fourth seed completed a 10-6 win over Mark Webster to pave the way for a revenge match against Price, who dumped 'Jackpot' out of last year's tournament.

Lewis insists Price picked up a 'lucky' victory and vowed to set the record straight in their latest encounter.

He told Sky Sports: "I'll tell you one thing, Gerwyn Price had one lucky game last year, and that was against me.

The pair later exchanged words on Twitter and Price, a former rugby player, took a swipe at Lewis' physical condition after they were compared to boxers.

He tweeted: "Think I'm the only one who would last 12 rounds there, although I think it would be a second round KO."

Lewis was quick to respond and the two rivals will settle their differences on Tuesday night, live on Sky Sports.

The former two-time world champion tweeted: "He's a big mouth who's never won anything and never will win anything as he's got no respect for anyone."

Watch Adrian Lewis against Gerwyn Price as part of Tuesday night's schedule at the World Matchplay, starting at 7pm on Sky Sports 3.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This is the one I'm looking forward to the most, wouldn't surprise me to see price dump Lewis out again
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-18-2016, 02:37 PM)Walker Wrote: This is the one I'm looking forward to the most, wouldn't surprise me to see price dump Lewis out again

This.   Price is cool under pressure from what I can see and he certainly has a better game than Adrian's last opponent in Mark Webster.    I watched the Lewis/Webster match and Mark fell apart as the pressure mounted and just couldn't release his darts with any kind of smooth action and looked for all intents and purposes like a guy fighting the dreaded "Dartitis".   

Price isn't impressed with what someone has done from what I've seen of his play, he just seems to stay within himself and toss them to the board.

I wouldn't be surprised either if Price boots Lewis to the taxi stand.
This should be good, I like a bit of pressure game arguing lol
i'd plump for Lewis this time around. but either way it should be a great clash
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Look what i found : by TheDartist180 ‏@TheDartist180 on twitter
If I was Lewis I'd keep my mouth closed around Price. He doesn't look like the kind of guy you want to make angry.
(07-18-2016, 04:52 PM)JDorks Wrote: If I was Lewis I'd keep my mouth closed around Price. He doesn't look like the kind of guy you want to make angry.

I dunno, didn't he get the one punch knockout a few years back after picking a fight outside a pub? Lol, either way I'd love to see a boxing match between em, it would be like butterbean vs Tyson
This is darts not boxing, Lewis all the way IMO.

And there's a reason the Phil Taylor's, MvG's, Barneys, Lewis' etc aren't built like bodybuilders - they are too busy practicing darts than working out at the gym Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
A bitta fitness wouldn't go a miss though
Would be nice to see em reach retirement before their heart packs in lol
(07-18-2016, 05:54 PM)Walker Wrote: A bitta fitness wouldn't go a miss though

Haha, very true Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Think the problem is, the more successful players are constantly on the road, either competing around the world in tournaments or up and down the land doing exhibitions, making hay while the sun shines - and living off take aways and getting very little excersise.

A mate of mine went to an exhibition in Preston a couple of years ago, Lewis, Painter and Terry Jenkins were on the bill - first thing Lewis said to my mate - 'What day is it'.... hahah Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. He had got back from Belgium in the afternoon and been driven straight up to Preston for an exhibition in the evening - crazy lifestyle but a very well paid one.

Also I see tickets are still available for tomorrow night, maybe Lewis and Price are sat in The Duke of York having a laugh and a beer (or enery shake....) hoping their little 'spat' has sold a few more tickets Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bit of a catch 22 ain't it, take time out to keep fit and miss out on practice therefore your darts suffer.
And like you said, constantly on the road so no time for a decent diet plan either, viscous circle.
I think you have to be one of those freakishly naturally athletic types, like price, to balance everything and get the best out of it all.
That being said I wouldn't mind being a chubba and be able to hit 9 darters Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Haha, same here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-18-2016, 06:48 PM)REBEL Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 05:54 PM)Walker Wrote: A bitta fitness wouldn't go a miss though

Haha, very true Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Think the problem is, the more successful players are constantly on the road, either competing around the world in tournaments or up and down the land doing exhibitions, making hay while the sun shines - and living off take aways and getting very little excersise.

A mate of mine went to an exhibition in Preston a couple of years ago, Lewis, Painter and Terry Jenkins were on the bill - first thing Lewis said to my mate - 'What day is it'.... hahah Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. He had got back from Belgium in the afternoon and been driven straight up to Preston for an exhibition in the evening - crazy lifestyle but a very well paid one.

Also I see tickets are still available for tomorrow night, maybe Lewis and Price are sat in The Duke of York having a laugh and a beer (or enery shake....) hoping their little 'spat' has sold a few more tickets Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good point there about ticket sales. Barry Hearn encourages this type of thing to help sales and if it puts a bit of spice into proceedings all the better. I'm looking forward to the match more than I would have been before this!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PDC Home Tour III - starts today, 26 October mc1958 20 592 12-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Adrian Lewis leaving Keith Deller’s Management? The Jester 23 2,159 08-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 24 2,496 11-09-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Gerwyn Price Appeal SamCarter501 6 391 08-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban Phenohyte 118 6,831 05-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Phenohyte
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 6,654 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,710 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al