Target Darts.

Datadart Icon 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.I'll try to review the Datadart's Icon 25gr 90% tungsten darts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This is a late gift for my birthday from my brother. Best gift ever. The darts are perfect and enjoy throwing after a long time. They look and are very similar to my Phase 1 barneys which was my match darts for almost a year so i'm happy to find something similar (to be true even better) - comparison photo will follow.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Packaging and contents:

The darts come in a nice box with a set of golden alloy medium shafts and a set of golden standard shape flights.

Design:

Very very very well made dart. Absolutely balanced flying as straight as it gets. Straight barrel and suitable for playes who grip the dart in the front, rear or center. It land almost as usuall with my setup, just a llittle bit more tail-up but i like it. All of my teamates who throwed them - loved them. I think that this is a perfect dart for me.
 If have to find something is that non-grip part just in the middle of the dart. This is the place the most of the players will put their thump (at least i do). When i noticed it i thought that this would be slippy but 5 days now i dont't have a serious problem with it.

The Grip:

I really like the grip on this darts. They have a microgrip all over the barrel (except the smooth part in the center). The microgrip is finest than on the rvbs and thats the reason that it fells less aggresive. The only thing left to see is how long it will keeps.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Comparison with the Unicorn's RvB Phase1

In my opinion icons are better. A liitle bit thinner and longer. The microgrip on the datadarts is finest and this is the reason there is more lines of it in each little grip-section. In the other hand rvb's grip is more aggresive and there isn't that center non-grip part but there is a small section like this in the rear end. As always is what suits each individual.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As far as my rvb's grip is busted its not easy to compare the grip by the picture but only the dimensions and the similar design.
So i putted a picture of a new rvb dart. As you can see the microgrip is much thicker on them.

Balance:

This is a center balanced dart. As you could see the balnce point of the barrel only is a little bit in the front but and it moves to center depenting on your setup.

Weight matching:

Another highscore for the icons. As you can see the weights of the barrels are: 24.92gr, 24,91gr, 24.94gr.
This will make the maximum difference between them 0.03grams. Thats good. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dimensions:

Lenght: 51.64mm
Diameter: 6.78mm

Summary:

I'm tottaly impressed for there performance and very happy to throw them. If the grip keeps well this will be my match dart for the winter. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Design: 9
Grip: 9
Overall: 9.5

Their retail price is about 24 pounds (thats a great value).

The only bad for some of you is that this exactly design comes only in 25grams.
Great review!!! 

+1

Now I want a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-17-2016, 02:04 PM)Nucky Wrote: Great review!!! 

+1

Now I want a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you Nucky. as long as tou like 25gr you won't regret it.
very nice darts, I have some Icons, think its the Robbo version, never tried them yet though lol

Nice review John Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-17-2016, 02:17 PM)Getagrip Wrote: very nice darts, I have some Icons, think its the Robbo version, never tried them yet though lol

Nice review John Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Thank you very much Darren
Same sentiments as Darren! Nice review and clear photo!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Your review got featured on DNF's FB page!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-17-2016, 03:46 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Same sentiments as Darren! Nice review and clear photo!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Your review got featured on DNF's FB page!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you again Ancient Darter.
I think Darren's reviews is a "How to review a dart" Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Anyone who wants a decent review needs to have Darren's as a guide. So... it's kind of an honour to for me to get my last two reviews on DNF FB page. Really happy
Great review thanks. I am a big fan of the 24g icon darts, which are copies of the old dreamboy Anderson darts
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(07-17-2016, 03:59 PM)rich345 Wrote: Great review thanks. I am a big fan of the 24g icon darts, which are copies of the old dreamboy Anderson darts

Thank you Rich345. The 24gr look nice too. I hope datadart will produce all the three different icon barrel in different weights too sometime
Great review
may all the doubles be with you

Great review and the comparison pictures was a brilliant idea. Look like a great gift. +1 from me
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(07-17-2016, 05:18 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Great review

Thank you Fred
(07-17-2016, 05:24 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Great review and the comparison pictures was a brilliant idea. Look like a great gift. +1 from me

Thank you again chris. when i saw them i though hmmmm that's very similar with the barneys. I'm happy with this cause when i first got my barneys i was playing my best but when the grip was gone they start slipping from my fingers.
Great clear pics and excellent idea to do a comparison with the Barney 's!
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."
(07-18-2016, 10:58 AM)Balin Wrote: Great clear pics and excellent idea to do a comparison with the Barney 's!

Thank you very much Balin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 89 47,291 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Richa
  V180 Dave Prins 25gr Review bk123456 7 578 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: bk123456
Tongue 22 gram dartsclearance, copper tungsten darts, treatment, plus, quick review. Phil D 5 599 04-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Last Post: jt4527
  Mission Spirit 22g 90% Tungsten Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 552 04-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Th3BigFish
  Dartsclearance Tungsten Darts 21g review Cateye 6 596 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  XQMax MVG Original Style 18G, 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 27 4,214 01-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: John Weita
  Datadart Sawtooth 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 44 11,762 01-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: robi10
  Datadart’s Pro-Ti 26gr 90% Titanium Coating Tungsten Darts Review copigme 23 6,797 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Harrows Plexus 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 20 4,013 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Mckicks Premium Gold Titanium 24gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 46 7,427 06-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Levonster