Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

A180 Darts LTD
Have you ever purchased darts through A180 Darts LTD? I am wondering if it common for darts to arrive in the mail flawed. Sure, I'll create flaws with wear and tear, but for it to come in a package that seemed to of been previously opened, with the Unicorn logo not looking great, and with cuts/dents on shark tooth barrel which is hard to see in the pictures I posted. Maybe this is common, but I've seen photos of personal collections and the darts look flawless.

Is one company to buy from better than anothe, from your experience?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Camera quality is a wee bit poor so the dents are hard to see.

The case issue may well be from the factory as unicorn do sometimes have quality issues. They will almost certainly sort that for you if you email them. However I don't see the darts being used in the factory. Maybe they were tried by another customer in the A180 test area?
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

I would in no way put your anger towards A180....

Unicorn has a recent history of terrible quality control... BUT... they also have a history of excellent customer service.

Contact Unicorn directly.

The "bonus pro pack" is full of cheap stems and flights that has colors outside the image. Even the Unicorn logo is half visible, with 2009 clearly printed. So odd; I expected for expensive darts, from a well known company.

If Which brand of darts is of better quality?
(07-15-2016, 03:19 PM)rich345 Wrote: The case issue may well be from the factory as unicorn do sometimes have quality issues. They will almost certainly sort that for you if you email them. However I don't see the darts being used in the factory. Maybe they were tried by another customer in the A180 test area?

I have seen this with my own eyes, a customer wanting to 'try' a set of darts in the shop.

Not unusual I guess, kind of a perk of visiting a shop - try before you buy.

Problem arises if customer decides they dont want to buy - do these darts then go on sale as 'used'?

I would be angry to think I paid full price for a set of darts that has been passed around for all and sundry to try out before hand, but then again can a shop afford to reduce the price of every dart barrel that they let a customer try out first?

We used to have a vendor on the forum that offered a 'try before you buy' service, if you decided you didnt want them you could return for a full refund and they would then be sold on as 'used' at a reduced price - unfortunately that vendor is no longer around, likely in part a result of big losses on 'used' darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If they were bought from A180 via the post then I would say they weren't opened at A180 - A180 and Darts Corner share a premises (although different stock) and they allow people to go to the shop at the front of the warehouse, but they don't allow buy before you try. I would suggest contacting A180 in the first instance, and they may then suggest contacting Unicorn direct.

As for the pro pack, I always throw those away anyway, but given they are free I wouldn't expect too much
I have had darts in the past that looked like they had been thrown, you can tell very specifically the marks from dart on dart contact, the set I got were in Dec 2011 and it was just before Christmas, it was a set of Target darts I bought from DC and after opening the box they had lots of little marks around the nose, I never bothered to complain though, I thought whats the point they will likely think I am lying, I probably should have though as I still would have just wanted the same set back.

But I think its very likely they may have been tried in shop, I know I worked in a PC shop once and sold a guy a CD drive, he brought it back and complained it did not work, I looked at it and it was a completely different drive to the one on the box and clearly an old one, even had writing on it. I argued with him that he was trying to pull a fast one but it turned out another employee for whatever reason stuck an old drive in the box after replacing it for the new one and another employee saw it on the floor and put it on the shelf.

So mistakes do happen but contact A180 and let them know.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Has anyone thought the damage could occurred on transit,I know some parcels I have received in the post look like the dog has chew it,a heavy parcel could of been thrown on top of your darts,hence the damage. Give Karl a ring,a very approachable bloke,to be honest Karl prides himself on his reputation and would not allow this tk happen. Hope it gets resolved for you.
Morning Jay,

It's hard to see any of these quality imperfections in your photo's I'm afraid.

I have received 10+ of the leatherette unicorn midi cases over the last 6 months with various sets of darts. I find the stitching is a bit inconsistent around the hem on the outside. Is this the tear you are referring too?

What condition was the outside cardboard box in?

With regards to the dents, it might be my eyes too, and not just your photo's, but I can't see any at all in your photo's. Although they are precision machined, darts are rarely perfect. You can often see the odd Mark.

As previously mentioned, Unicorn don't have a flawless track record for quality (although I think it's improved recently), however, I can say with certainty, their customer after sales service is fantastic.
The darts you purchase as new shouldn't be damaged at all when you open the pack. It's possible that a customer had tried them out before. I thought if you try darts at a shop, you should be asked not to throw them close to each other, in order to prevent any wear on them. This way you could still experience if a dart suits you but you don't have to worry about damaging the dart if you decide not to buy it.
Had no problems with A180 over the years.
Order the Monster Anastasia's yesterday and postie just dropped them off a couple of minutes ago - great service
As for trying 'in-shop', a lot of shops that let you do that (from what I hear... there are no brick-and-mortar shops in my area) insist you shoot at 3 different sections of the board so there is no barrel-to-barrel contact.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
Maybe they come broken in Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.....Ordered 4 times with A180...great expirience so far!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I`m fortunate enough to live 5 mins from A180 and know Karl personally,  Karl , Dawn & Sparky have a wealth of experience so its not just "fly before you buy" , its the advice that comes with it, Karls DAD (Dave) has coached some real top drawer players and was a top top player himself,

My feelings with A180 is that it doesn't matter whether your in for a set of stems and flights through to £100`s of kit,  you are treated in exactly the same way,

REAL personal service,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Experiences shopping at A180 Darts Fred-180 23 8,392 07-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Dorian
Exclamation A180 - Absolute nightmare Gada 22 5,728 06-18-2016, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Rottweiler180
  A180 darts venom 0 1,191 04-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Last Post: venom