Harrows Darts.

Unicorn Gripper One 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review
I'll try to review the Unicorn's Gripper One 25gram Darts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I decided to buy this set after seeing a guy in the darts cafe i'm playing have them. His darts are about 7 years old and the thing that made me want to buy them is their grip. After all this years the grip still be in very good condition. I'm a fan of grippy darts but i'm getting so annoyed when after a month i have a dart totally different from when i bought it.

I'm sure that anyone who got more than one unicorn's darts in his hands noticed the following:
  • Unicorn is one of the more (if not the most) player friendly company of the "big" ones
  • They make some seamless darts which fly amazing but....
  • they keep having some problematic accesories supplied with some of their darts and there is a lack of quality control before packaging a set and give it to market
You will see what i mean next.

Packaging and Contents:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts come in a plastic box. Biside the darts, inside you will find: 1) a plastic slim case, 2) 8 plastic flight protectors, 3) a set of gripper 360 medium black shafts and 4) a set of silver logo metallic polyflite flights - plus shape (unicorns standard).

Here is my opinion in each of them:

1. The case: this case is the reason i changed opinion in the necessity for suplying a case with a set. This is the worst plastic thing i ever got in my hands.
  2. The flight protectors: this is only my opinion but i think that flight protectors is generally useless
  3. The shafts: the worst shafts i ever got in my hands by far. When you raise your arm to throw you feel this things moving exactly like the times you have an unscrewed shaft. Plus??? Despite they where new the logo unicorn is dissapearing in all of them. (quality control)
  4. The flights: the only accesorie that worths. Its not the shape i use but is a quality and good looking flight set.

Design:

The barrels are straight with a tappered nose. Perfectly cutted edges with the unicorn logo in the only non-gpip part in the rear end. Nothing special in the look but you buy them to throw them and not to look at them. Very good ballanced darts and they fly tottaly straight. They land in my usuall angle and they feel comfortable.

But here it comes the quality control again. I didn't know in which part of the review i should mention this. The design of the barrel is really nice but i unpacked and i notice that the points of each barrel was putted in different depth. I'm a lucky guy cause the darts cafe where i'm playing is my dart supplier too and with their repointing tool i fixed the problem in a minute. But i was wondering how a player would feel if he purchase this set from the web and he didn't have a repointing tool.

The Grip:

Very very nice. I love it. A grippy dart not the most aggresive but there is a lots of grip there. The grip come till the nose of the dart something that suites me perfect.  This double-rings make amazing job, the feel is nice while this will not wear off that easy. As mentioned before this is the reason i bought this set.

Ballance:

The ballance point of the barrel itself is slightly in the fornt of the center and it move a little bit in the rear depending in your set up.

With my setup (medium nylon shaft - standard 100 poly flight) is exactlly in the center.

With the setup provided it moves about 2mm to the rear.

Weight matching:

The three barrels weights are 25.13gr, 25.22gr and 25.25gr
The too of them are pretty close. In the box is written : "matched weight within 0.1gr". Only if they mean +/- 0.1gr its true, cause the maximum wieght difference between the three of them is 0.12gr. But its not awfull anyway.

Dimensions:

Lenght: 50.67mm
Diameter: 6.85mm

Summary:

I have mixed feelings about this purchase. The accesories and the point part is something bad. I think that unicorn sould be more carefull cause its a big name in darts.
In a discussion with a teammate i came to this conclusion. If i bought this darts as barrels only i would't have anything bad to tell.
Even the match weight performance is a quality contor for me. I'm sure that thousand of these barrels are made so... you have just to put them in sets of three come on smaller companies can do this.
For the reasons above i have to make two scoreboards Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If it was barrels only:

Design: 7 (due to the 0.12gr off)

Grip: 8
Overall: 8

As they came:

Design: 7
Grip: 8
Overall: 5

Their retail price is about 24 pounds and they also available in 21grams and 23grams

Noticed that in some websites they are name gripper style two but i have to trust unicorn website :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  They are the Gripper One
Great review, +1 for yoy.
Keep on going
Valencia/Spain

(07-15-2016, 03:49 PM)Pac Wrote: Great review, +1 for yoy.
Keep on going

thank you pac
Nice review John and yes they are grippier, but I think its 0.12g the difference?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very detailed review Copigme! And on the one dart series I really wished still had the 2 x 2BA barrels. +1 for sure!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-15-2016, 04:41 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review John and yes they are grippier, but I think its 0.12g the difference?

Thank you Darren.
(you are right its 0.12gr just corrected it)
(07-15-2016, 04:41 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Very detailed review Copigme! And on the one dart series I really wished still had the 2 x 2BA barrels. +1 for sure!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you very much Ancient darter. They are great even if they are 1 X 2ba. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
available weights and price added
Nice review,,,,,great pics,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I have been using Unicorn products since I started throwing darts in the 90's,,,,They have an overwhelming amount of darts and accessories ,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great and very detailed review Copigme! Keep up the good job! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-17-2016, 12:52 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Nice review,,,,,great pics,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I have been using Unicorn products since I started throwing darts in the 90's,,,,They have an overwhelming amount of darts and accessories ,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you Oldjoblo. I really like unicorn's darts too. Their cases and flights are awesome too i think they have to do something with their shafts. I wait to see the gripper 3 shafts
(07-17-2016, 11:32 AM)The Huntress Wrote: Great and very detailed review Copigme! Keep up the good job! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you very much Huntress. The points are all in the right place now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another great review and another +1
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
i have a set an one of the barrels is 0.52g lighter than the other 2 ps nice review
rod dog Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-17-2016, 05:31 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Another great review and another +1

Thank you very much chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 613 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  SuperDarts Max Gripper Review MariusOveras 15 1,541 12-16-2020, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Toddg
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 4,783 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 89 46,905 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 363 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 991 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 299 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 67,997 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,003 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Gripper 4 Gordon Shumway 22g theblindPew 21 5,473 07-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982