Harrows Darts.

Darts that are fun and/or strictly performance.
Hello everyone.

I've got numerous sets which I throw every now and again just because I get a kick out of throwing them.  Wouldn't necessarily use them in any comp as I have my "workhorses" match darts that have proven themselves in the heat of battle as it were.

So I'm curious on folks thoughts about darts you have and throw just for fun, or do you strictly have/use darts that are for their performance?

Brad
I have several sets that I don't use on a regular basis but do enjoy tossing them from time to time.   For old times sake I'll break out my first "real" set of darts, Eric Bristow Power Points I got back in the late 80's, early 90's.   They are lighter than my current go-to dart by 3 grams and I no longer am enamored with the whole moveable point thing as it is now ancient, and unnecessary technology, but it is more nostalgic.

As with most of the darts I have, it is just a matter of getting accustomed to their feel again and tweaking the set-up to make them fly better now as I've changed my throw a little since I first started back in the mid 80's.   Given time and practice, I'm sure I could get most of them to go where I want them, but the set I use the most now are like an old shoe and fit just right.
The Bulls Robert Wagner, great fun!

I would also throw the Voks Overlord but I want to keep them as good as possible Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I ended up preferring long, thin, straight barrels. But when I started, I just assumed there was some magical shape that would be perfect for me. So I bought a lot of really odd shaped darts. I truly believe this process has helped me in the long run. It has coaxed me into a grip that works regardless of the darts shape or weight. True, I have my performance darts, but I really would feel confidant with most any of them. I play a game when friends come over. They get to choose which darts they want to throw AND they get to choose which darts I HAVE to throw. It makes it a bit more challenge, but probably a lot less than they suspect since I practice with all of them. I have miniture 8g darts. Widdy darts. Darts made from drinking straws, and now homemade darts made from paper. They paper darts take some effort getting them to the board, let alone hitting the target. But, I get great fun when they all manage to find the 25. I have an ongoing relationship with every set that I own. And that relationship is built on fun. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Phase 5 Taylors. I throw a lot like Terry Jenkins but I love trying to match the Taylor throw with his darts too.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
Cheers lads, I'd assume that most have a set or two that are just for fun or even a nostalgic thing as Gumbo mentioned with his Bristow PP's.  

Recently I've been throwing with a setup that reaches 6.5 inches in length and having a blast plus throwing them really well scoring/finishing wise.  As a match dart however I just can't see myself using them for my thinking is, "Do I really need all that dart to be effective in play.".  Odd I know, guess I am too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brad
I really like my John Lowe wc to throw for fun, they really don't match my throw very well but they feel so nice in hand, same goes for my 9five gen 3's...any bullet shape probably lol.
I prefer a long straight barrel or tapered barrels as my go to match darts
I like taking these out for a Spin around the block every once in a while....
Harrows Power Points
Unicorn Phase 2 and Phase 5 Taylors .
Target Siilca Fittons
Masterdarts Vincent Van der Voort's.
Unicorn Phase 3 Andos
Kwiz 29g brass feather flights from the 1960's ..

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I love throwing my Bristows and my John Lowe. Neither are quite right for me but I just love having a throw with the darts of my childhood heroes
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

I've got my tried and true practice/match darts which I use constantly but i also collect darts so am always picking up new sets. I'll have the occasional throw with some of them for fun - currently liking these 18 gram barrels I got from darts clearance :
(07-14-2016, 07:30 PM)4737 Carlin Wrote: I've got my tried and true practice/match darts which I use constantly but i also collect darts so am always picking up new sets. I'll have the occasional throw with some of them for fun - currently liking these 18 gram barrels I got from darts clearance :
[Image: https://i.imgur.com/9B9oKBR.jpg]
Now those are quite interesting.  Definitely would need a clean release for them to perform properly.

Brad
Definitely 24g steve beatons when fitted with oversized pear flights. So much fun to throw.
(07-14-2016, 08:34 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Definitely 24g steve beatons when fitted with oversized pear flights. So much fun to throw.

Throwing me a teaser by chance? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brad
I was inspired to take a fun dart group photo.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

My Mrs bought me these RD Shockwaves because she thought they were cute LOL

Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Performance Darts coming 9th March The Jester 8 878 03-15-2020, 08:24 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Darts Performance Centre Membership The Jester 3 364 09-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Rate my performance DAVEISTHENAME 11 813 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Performance darts 50/50 issue with barrel The Jester 24 2,022 07-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: The Jester
  Performance Darts: Signing of Adam Smith-Neale vanJupp 27 2,662 03-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Last Post: tonywalsh00
  The ideal flight-stem performance Tencigars 13 1,233 02-20-2019, 01:37 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Performance Darts: Design Competiton vanJupp 17 1,445 12-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Getting over a bad performance LeeICFC 22 3,050 04-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out