Target Darts.

S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen
Greetings Nutz!

It's been a few months since my last review so let us get right back on the review bandwagon with a look at a set of 21g Joe Cullen darts!. This is new ground for me as I almost exclusively throw a 25g dart so 21g is going to be an intersting prospect. Plus I am a big Joe Cullen fan. Onwards!!

1. Packaging They come barrels only with a regular black bar wallet and a cheapo feeling packaging.

2. Looks and Feel Obviously these are almost identical in design to the RVB Phase 1 model except without as many deep cut rings at the back of the barrel. The LP is grippy without being too severe. Definitely a 3.5/5.

Comparison to a 25g RVB Phase 1

3. Dimensions and Balance Perfect length for me but definitely a narrower barrel than what I am used to. They are drilled out to 9.01mm.

Without stems and flights then the balance is slightly forward but a full set up brings it a touch to the rear.

4. Performance Ah! You probably skipped straight to this part. We all know Unicorn has some shoddy quality control and poorly designed products but when they get it right then there is no company that comes close. As expected these performed exactly like the RVB P1: lovely grip, superb balance and a straight (slightly looping) flight path. They landed with my usual tail up style. However, the transition to a much lighter dart did not suit me and maybe I need more practice with them but I could tell right away that a lighter dart is just not for me. I felt like I was forcing the dart in and my groupings were a lot more sporadic and inconsistent.

5. Conclusion So in typical Barney dart style, the quality of these is just brilliant but I just could not get on with them in this weight. I cannot see any difference from the Barneys apart from a slight change in grip design at the back. I would imagine that if you enjoy a 21g dart then these would be ideal for you as the balance, grip and flight are spot on and I would highly recommend them. However, 21g is not for me so it's back to my 25g P2A. Sorry Joe.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice little review, well done. :thumbup:

Brad
Great review mate, and they are a lovely dart too, very Barney like for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Have been considering these darts for a long time.
Nice review .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Very good review. Quite a lot of Barney inspired darts out there, all very nice. Good job
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks all. Ordered some terry jenkins as part of unicorns icon range so I think I will do them for review number 10. Just to compare them to ted hankeys.
nice review mate
Nice review - always like when comparison pictures are shown.
Good review and thanks for the excellent photos to compare the RVB to these. I like the thinner darts but the 21G, Meh, not going to happen around this house.
+1 for the effort
Very nice review S7! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I thought these came only in 22g only, did Joe switch to 21g?
(07-16-2016, 08:38 PM)Kev Wrote: Very nice review S7! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I thought these came only in 22g only, did Joe switch to 21g?

Must have. Only seem to be in 21g now.
Good review S7.  I have had 2 sets of these each a different weight 22g and 21g.

I found they don't like Storm points of the six darts with 30mm Gold Smooth points installed 5 broke off at the tip on bounce outs.

Also you were lucky to have them drilled out because I had to sand the bottom non thread section off some L-style shafts to make them fit, and that was both weights.

I like these darts they fly well and work for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 2,946 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  S7 #10 Reviews: Unicorn 25g Terry Jenkins Icon Edition Serial 7hriller 12 4,890 04-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Serial 7hriller
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,223 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,261 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan