Harrows Darts.

Target Haruki Muramatsu 22g darts review

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izX_yrze33Y

Well I could not resist getting a set of these Haruki Muramatsu darts because I wanted to practice my pronunciation of Japanese names on my video review..... lol..... of course not, its because they look bloody great!  

So, when I seen them at Madhouse Darts a few weeks ago I thought its a good time to use the Darts Nutz members discount and treat myself, hey I don't treat myself that often so why not?,   actually yes, I do treat myself that often, but who cares, this is the Nutz right! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I got these delivered for a much nicer and more wallet friendly £55.63, I paid £1.99 for the faster shipping as I was very eager, but I think that bugger Mike (mc1958) had bought the last set so I had a little longer to wait, git! (just kidding Mike Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )  

Anyway still cheaper than the normal retail price of £60, £62 delivered.

These are the steel tip version which are 22g and 95% tungsten.  There is also a soft tip version.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are pre-fitted with storm points and come in a small and neat cardboard box with a lift up flap held down by a magnet and revealing a plastic window to view the contents.  Inside is a slide out try holding the darts, some Ultra Vision flights, Pro Grip stems and a small point protector:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have quite an unusual shape and it seems like the front half is made of 3 scallop sections of varying widths.  In the centre its got a fairly grip band with circles cut into it and at the rear its not quite a scallop but more of a sloping section which is almost like half a scallop with an indented grip design with very small dimples set into it.  I would say overall the grip level is about medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just one hundredth of a gram difference so excellent:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

It has a kind of awkward shape but as best I can test with nothing attached the balance is towards the front:

With the supplied set up it moves to the centre or maybe just slightly in front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I found gripping just front of centre about the best for me:

Darts landed in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

This is one very good looking dart and kind of looks more suited to something from a Sci-Fi movie!  I think as with a lot of darts I buy the looks suckered me in as I was not expecting it to be that good with my front grip, its plain to see it looks designed for a rear grip anyway but when did that stop me from buying darts! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

After trying it a lot more since my video review although I got better with it I am quite certain its not a dart for me.  Now I am not sure whether or not I would say to other from grippers to try it as there is some good things about it but I just felt personally that it did not feel quite right for me.

I tried a few front positions along the barrel first, even gripping almost past the nose and a little on the storm point.  Each positon I tried I noticed the darts flew through the air incredibly smoothly but I just did not feel that comfy with each spot where my grip was.  I think the widest scallop section was most comfy so I would say if you don't have big or thick fingers you may find it works a lot better for you as a front gripper if your grip sits better at the front half otherwise you may have the same issue as me and not feel quite right with it.

Now the strange thing was when I tried from the middle and rear it was not quite as smooth through the air as with my front grip but I don't know if that was just because those positions are less natural to me??

I tried gripping on the band in the middle and it was not bad but again I just did not feel right with it.  

I think the rear grip with the blue indents is the most comfy for finger grip placement but as is often the case when I try a rear grip I got a lot of spin, there was no fishtailing so it was still relatively smooth but I found it more awkward than expected throwing from the rear.  I don't see any reason why a natural rear gripper should not love it though and I am sure if its your natural grip you will very likely experience the smooth flight I did with my front grip.

For me that was what stood out the most but its a dart that has to be tried I think, but most likely one rear grippers will get the best out of.

Quality is great and I can see this is no doubt a time consuming dart to make which is probably reflected in the price, sadly its not for me though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary:

Looks: 10 (Awesome!)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (2 quite close)
Quality: 9.5 (nice)
Value: 7 (not cheap but better with forum discount)
Suitability for me: 6 (had some decent spells but on the whole not quite right)

Best Feature: smooth flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review & pics!

too pretty to throw.
bit over engineered really but one of those darts you'd love to have a go with.
Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Just had a watch, yet another fantastic review Darren.  Well done! :thumbup:

Great looking dart, even look better with Muramatsu's new L-Style version 3 flights. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brad
Another awesome review Darren and as a rear gripper I can certainly see the attraction but too pricey for me to buy on a maybe
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Excellent review again Darren, and stunning photos Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I too bought some from MHD, gorgeous darts, well worth owning!
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Great review....I have a steams they are Amazing. £60 well spent Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a set also, but haven't figured the right flight/stem combo yet.
Great review and pics Darren. That is a beautiful dart! Considering several of the Japanese darts prices that do not look as intense as these ,the price isn't that bad. A lot of machining for those, a lot of mill time after the lathe!
Great review, Darren. Love your pics.

I think that's a dart you see and you wanna have a throw with, then you see the price. SO you wait around one week saying it's too expensive and than you order it anyway.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
These darts remind me of something but I just can't recall exactly what... kinda strange acutally Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Great looking set and review. Might be one of the best looking sets I've ever seen even.
A review that makes these darts stand out as one of the sexiest darts. They deserve a spot in that section. Too bad they didn't work for you. You would be known as the man with the sexy blue darts. LOL
Such an amazing looking dart. I think they would really fit my grip. Hopefully ill get chance to have a chuck with a set one day. Another thing that blows me away is the box. I always keep boxes of things I buy and even put nicer one out on display. Its crazy to think that the company that put the box together also makes the boring ones we get here in England.
Smashing review and photos once again Darren! I really like that you do try the darts out from different positions.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Pity it's grip is too mild for me. Everything else looks to be almost perfect!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 294 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 380 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,377 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 898 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 1,013 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,110 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 999 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 453 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,843 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 911 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM