Harrows Darts.

Van Gerwen Is Favourite With BetVictor
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
REIGNING champion Michael van Gerwen has been installed as the 11/10 favourite to win the BetVictor World Matchplay ahead of this year's championship in Blackpool from July 16-24.

The Dutch star claimed the prestigious World Matchplay title last summer when he overcame James Wade in the final, and has strengthened his status as world number one since with a string of further tournament wins.

World Matchplay sponsors BetVictor make van Gerwen 11/10 to retain his title, with 15-time World Matchplay champion Phil Taylor and reigning World Champion Gary Anderson the 6/1 joint second-favourites.

Former Blackpool finalist Adrian Lewis is 12/1 to claim his first World Matchplay title, with 2015 semi-finalist Peter Wright an 18/1 chance to win his maiden major at the Winter Gardens, while Wade - the only other former champion in the field following his 2007 triumph - a 22/1 shot.

BetVictor are also offering 2/1 for one nine-dart finish at this year's World Matchplay and 4/1 for two or more perfect legs, as achieved previously in 2012 when both van Gerwen and Wes Newton achieved the feat.

"We're looking forward to a fabulous BetVictor World Matchplay," said BetVictor spokesman Charlie McCann.

"Michael van Gerwen deserves his status as the pre-tournament favourite, but with so much quality in the field there is sure to be some great value amongst his rivals for this great title.

"The only thing missing from last year’s brilliant tournament was a nine-darter and I would be staggered if we didn't see at least one at the Winter Gardens later this month.

"Such is the quality in the 32-runner field that the eye is drawn to the 4/1 we are offering that there are two or more perfect legs this year - indeed it wouldn’t surprise us if there were two or more in a single match!"

For the latest BetVictor World Matchplay odds or other tournament specials, visit www.betvictor.com.

The draw for the BetVictor World Matchplay will be made on Thursday July 7 around 9.45am on Sky Sports News.

The BetVictor World Matchplay will take place from July 16-24 at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool.

BetVictor World Matchplay
Outright Tournament Winner

11/10 Michael van Gerwen
6/1 Phil Taylor, Gary Anderson
12/1 Adrian Lewis
18/1 Peter Wright
22/1 James Wade
25/1 Dave Chisnall
28/1 Raymond van Barneveld
50/1 Michael Smith
66/1 Jelle Klaasen, Ian White, Kim Huybrechts
80/1 Robert Thornton, Benito van de Pas
100/1 Daryl Gurney, Kyle Anderson, Alan Norris, Mensur Suljovic
125/1 Simon Whitlock, Stephen Bunting
150/1 Jamie Caven, Terry Jenkins
200/1 Vincent van der Voort, Mark Webster, Gerwyn Price
300/1 Mervyn King, Joe Cullen
500/1 Steve Beaton, Justin Pipe
750/1 Brendan Dolan, Josh Payne, Robbie Green
Each Way 1/2 Odds for reaching final.

Nine-Dart Finish
8/11 - No nine-dart finish
2/1 - One nine-dart finish
4/1 - Two or more nine-dart finishes

Odds courtesy www.betvictor.com and correct at time of writing. Subject to fluctuation.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Worth a bet on the outsiders I think, just a £1 bet though lol!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

i reckon that if MVG plays anyone but Ando he wins, but if he meets Gary he will come unstuck.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(07-04-2016, 03:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Worth a bet on the outsiders I think, just a £1 bet though lol!

I never bet and don't really know if can being in the states, but wade and lewis looking to be getting good odds.
(07-05-2016, 01:57 PM)Lurker1 Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 03:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Worth a bet on the outsiders I think, just a £1 bet though lol!

I never bet and don't really know if can being in the states, but wade and lewis looking to be getting good odds.

I agree with Wade, Im not a betting man either, but Wadey @ $22 looks like the better of the outsiders.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

Michael will win this don't throw your money away on anybody else.
Hardly Surprising that MVG is favourite, I agree with the comments reading down my first thought was Wade or Lewis after seeing the odds on them they seem like over priced outsiders IMO.

2/1 from a betting point of view for a 9 darter is a fantastic off given the format, amount of legs and participants.
(07-11-2016, 09:40 PM)kevmode Wrote: Michael will win this don't throw your money away on anybody else.

MVG>Taylor almost every time I watch them play each other.  Once again Michael wins a tourney and I predict it from the start.
(07-25-2016, 12:08 AM)kevmode Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 09:40 PM)kevmode Wrote: Michael will win this don't throw your money away on anybody else.

MVG>Taylor almost every time I watch them play each other.  Once again Michael wins a tourney and I predict it from the start.
You must be a psychic Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 BetVictor World Cup of Darts mc1958 79 2,739 11-14-2020, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  What's wrong with Michael (Van Gerwen) Luke_Kuechly_59 7 700 09-27-2020, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Dorian
  2019 BetVictor Masters - 1-3 February mc1958 61 3,705 02-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  2018 BetVictor World Matchplay Great White North 206 15,831 07-31-2018, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  2017 BetVictor World Matchplay Field mc1958 15 3,097 07-13-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Van Gerwen Favourite For Euro Treble hamo 11 4,079 10-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Витлок Сајмон
  Untouchable van Gerwen Wins Again hamo 18 3,137 09-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176