Darts Buddy

Unicorn Nico Blum 22g darts review

Here is a review of the new Unicorn 2017 Generation 180 Nico Blum darts from Unicorn.

Nico is a young lad from Germany and looks to have a bright future from what I have heard so keep an eye out for him.

Its great to see Unicorn helping more young players in the game and I have chatted with Nico on Facebook and can tell he was really chuffed to be given the opportunity to join Unicorn, a nice lad he is too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These darts are 90% tungsten and are 22g only and they retail for £26.40.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a clam shell plastic pack and inside the barrels are supplied with some medium gripper stems, some Nico Blum Signature flights, 8 flight protectors and a compact plastic case:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a straight barrel dart which is thin and long as you will see below.  It has a nice thin cut beveled edged ring grip which is grippier than it looks and is high medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are fairly closely matched just 7 hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is slightly to the front:

With the supplied set up it moves just about centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was happy enough with my normal front grip with these:

Darts landed in my usual angle surprisingly!

CONCLUSION:

I think these are going to be very popular actually, I know there is a lot of people out there that like such a thin dart and also one that's long like these but I was very surprised that they actually flew quite well for me too!

I did not think with my front grip they would fly as nice as they do but as you can see in the Area 51 challenge here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=20736  I beat my previous best with these darts by some margin and probably should have done even better but let nerves get to me lol  I don't think they were super great at my first outing but sometimes you get a feel from a set and you know they have more to give so I played longer after the video review and they were flying very nice indeed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I really was expecting to hate them as I usually don't like such thin darts let alone ones as long as this but I have been playing with the Gary Anderson gold set a lot in the past few weeks so maybe that's prepared me well for these, I don't know?

I think its a very pleasant dart to throw and the grip is surprising as when you come to throw it it feels more positive than you would expect.  I think the darts should be fine for any style of grip really but with my front grip I was expecting a lot of fishtailing but it was very well behaved.  

Throwing from the middle it had better balance and seemed to fly a little flatter but still nice and stable through the air.

From the rear it was strangely the smoothest through the air but I could not throw it so straight, I think the length was just against me on that one but I see no reason why a natural rear gripper who likes a long barrel wont get on well with it.

So its basically a very nice all rounder and one that can work well for a lot of grip styles, the only deciding factor I think is what length and thickness you like, if your keen on this sort of barrel dimensions then certainly try them, they may surprise you by how nice they are Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary:

Looks: 7 (A classic style)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (Fairly close)
Quality: 8 (seems fine)
Value: 8 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8 (started to play well with them)

Best Feature: Great All Rounder Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review, look like a very nice dart. Like the flight design with these!
yeah a great dart, thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review.
Ordered a set of these from dartscorner, sadly I ordered them togehter with some X-Flight stuff, so have to wait till the end of july until I get them.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great review. Very similar to the Anastasias.
Cheers Nutz, yeah also similar to the Wez Newton

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review. I have a set on their way from DC. I was a little concerned about the grip level; glad to hear its grippier than it looks.
DC now sold out due to Darren's review lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Excellent as always Grip, and ace photography Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Love the nose on these just wish they were shorter and fatter (like me)
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Great review. After some of the reviews you do I want to check my bank account and make the purchase but..............nice darts anyhow. I really like the flights on them.
great review Darren! Love the looks of these darts
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(07-03-2016, 07:03 PM)bkbum Wrote: Thanks for the review. I have a set on their way from DC. I was a little concerned about the grip level; glad to hear its grippier than it looks.

Hope you like them then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-03-2016, 07:50 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: DC now sold out due to Darren's review lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Excellent as always Grip, and ace photography Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL! Cheers!

(07-03-2016, 08:30 PM)Fenton Wrote: Love the nose on these just wish they were shorter and fatter (like me)

Ha Ha Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-03-2016, 08:51 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Great review. After some of the reviews you do I want to check my bank account and make the purchase but..............nice darts anyhow. I really like the flights on them.

Thanks Tom Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-03-2016, 10:00 PM)Titan Wrote: great review Darren! Love the looks of these darts

Cheers James Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Superb review. A really nice looking dart. If only it was shorter I would be highly tempted to get a set...
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Another great review, photos and video, Darren (am just catching up on all your latest reviews cos I'm a bit behind). +1
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Nice review as always! Maybe one of the longest darts i 've ever seen too.
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 681 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 4,952 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 413 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,081 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 341 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,420 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,218 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 40 26,391 05-14-2020, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 3 Purist Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 754 04-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Unicorn T90 23 grams review. Phil D 6 734 03-28-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade