Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

wtf
so i was throwing some darts yesterday for about 1 our or so , and suddenly i was doing really really well.. 140.. 100.. 140.. 3 darts max for the db 16.. 20.. etc..
now that last for about 10-15 min.. then back to normal... 26 etc.. is that about rythm... or concentration ?
i have played about 6 months now but its the first time that i have had that experience.. it was better than.... well u know Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
maaaannn i love this game..
cheers
thats talent Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. great feeling isnt it
it happens to me often but I just get annoyed it does not stay lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I do believe it happens to many of us
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Yep, what they said.   I've been playing darts for a long time now, and I can't tell you the number of times I've played like a world beater one game and like a totally new beginner the next.

Just enjoy the feeling when they go where you want on almost every throw and take that knowledge to the bank that it can, and will happen, and know that it's in you to do this.   It is just a matter of making it happen more often than not.
I can have these patches as well. It tends to happen at the start of a leg or match, I can do quite well and then it just goes away. I remember doing a 20-darter and then I was terrible for the rest of the match. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It can happen out of nowhere too, I can be doing badly and then suddenly I hit a purple patch. I just wish I could make it last longer or play at that level all the time, haha Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I am too familiar with this, but I have to agree it feels good. I do notice my brain is completely out of the equation when I throw like that, as soon as I try to make it "better" or focus on keeping the streak alive I start tossing 1's and 5's.

Enjoy the moment! Hopefully they show up with more frequency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This happens to me too from time to time.  Usually when I notice this my thoughts go from whatever I am doing (subconscious) to - trying to analyze what I am doing to be able to replicate it and then it's all downhill from there.
I had a go at 100 darts at 20's and few days ago. My best ever score is 97. I started off quite well constantly hitting single 20's very near the treble, then a few trebles started going in then hit a 180 followed up by 3 140's. I was well on course to break the 100 points for the first time then the darts just started flying everywhere and I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I ended up on 96!!!!
(09-08-2016, 06:47 PM)Yuillsy Wrote: I had a go at 100 darts at 20's and few days ago. My best ever score is 97. I started off quite well constantly hitting single 20's very near the treble, then a few trebles started going in then hit a 180 followed up by 3 140's. I was well on course to break the 100 points for the first time then the darts just started flying everywhere and I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I ended up on 96!!!!

Sounds like a bit of performance anxiety to me.    You get into that purple patch you hear the commentators talk about when the darts are going where you want and it is effortless.   

Then, like Lurker said in his post, you realize how well you're doing and you're now thinking about it and then they start to have a mind of their own.   Then maybe a bit of anxiety sets in, along with some frustration for good measure and it's like you're on your way from Utopia to Oblivion.
(09-08-2016, 07:03 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 06:47 PM)Yuillsy Wrote: I had a go at 100 darts at 20's and few days ago. My best ever score is 97. I started off quite well constantly hitting single 20's very near the treble, then a few trebles started going in then hit a 180 followed up by 3 140's. I was well on course to break the 100 points for the first time then the darts just started flying everywhere and I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I ended up on 96!!!!

Sounds like a bit of performance anxiety to me.    You get into that purple patch you hear the commentators talk about when the darts are going where you want and it is effortless.   

Then, like Lurker said in his post, you realize how well you're doing and you're now thinking about it and then they start to have a mind of their own.   Then maybe a bit of anxiety sets in, along with some frustration for good measure and it's like you're on your way from Utopia to Oblivion.

I think you're right gumbo. Nerves are something I suffer from really bad. I only play darts in the house or at a friends. I've got loads of friends asking me to play in leagues but I get nervous thinking about it so come up with an excuse not to play.
It's bothered me my whole life and not just in darts!!
Its like the "oh so common" 5 or 1 after planting two great looking treble 20's . We start to think about the 180 and  :stressed:

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(09-08-2016, 07:28 PM)Yuillsy Wrote:

I think you're right gumbo. Nerves are something I suffer from really bad. I only play darts in the house or at a friends. I've got loads of friends asking me to play in leagues but I get nervous thinking about it so come up with an excuse not to play.

Take it from me, the only way to overcome that is to get your butt out there and start playing.     You WILL be nervous at first.  I think everyone on here has had those butterflies when first stepping to the line in league play, then in tournament play.   It is normal to feel that tension, anxiety, nervousness-----whatever you want to call it.

You won't ever get over it if you don't step up and play.   And the more you play, the more relaxed you will become.  So, don't let this hold you back from doing something you really like because there are leagues out there begging for players and if your local league is anything like the one in my city, there are several layers of experience and competition in their divisions.   Start off in a lower league and work your way up.
(09-08-2016, 08:25 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 07:28 PM)Yuillsy Wrote:

Take it from me, the only way to overcome that is to get your butt out there and start playing.     You WILL be nervous at first.  I think everyone on here has had those butterflies when first stepping to the line in league play, then in tournament play.   It is normal to feel that tension, anxiety, nervousness-----whatever you want to call it.

You won't ever get over it if you don't step up and play.   And the more you play, the more relaxed you will become.  So, don't let this hold you back from doing something you really like because there are leagues out there begging for players and if your local league is anything like the one in my city, there are several layers of experience and competition in their divisions.   Start off in a lower league and work your way up.
Cheers gumbo. I know you're right. Same old demons for me, a total lack of self confidence!!
Now you know what the beer is for.. Or the double vodka Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7