Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Advice for what flights to use
As in what does standard, pear, kite & slim do.... I normally do the classic medium shaft and standard flight. But recently brought so of Robbie Green infamous darts with short shaft and pear flights and seems like less room for error with pears..... Any advice guys???

Jake
Darts: (Winmau Navigatior Plus) (23g)  Medium Red Dragon Shaft (White) Panda Amazon Flights (White)

Best Checkout: 160 in IDL, 102 for Pub team & 108 against a mate.

2015 180's - 3
2016 180's - 8
2017 180's - 19

Total 180 count - 30
Best advice i can give is just to buy a set of each size stem and shape flight. Spend some time with each configuration and see what works for you. Its all about trial and error.
Typically the smaller the flight the flatter it lands in the board
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Harrows have good infographics on the effects of flight shape and stem length.

https://www.harrowsdarts.com/harrows-world/infographics

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
So short I get the Robbie Green set up a go? Shorts with pears or stick with my standard and mediums.... I mean I ain't lost with this set up on far....
Darts: (Winmau Navigatior Plus) (23g)  Medium Red Dragon Shaft (White) Panda Amazon Flights (White)

2015 180's - 3
2016 180's - 8
2017 180's - 19

Total 180 count - 30
With my throw I haven't found much difference between standards that I use and pears or kites.  If, however, I switch to slimline flights my darts land dead flat as oppose to slightly tail up as normal.

Not tried any of this with different length stems as I have more important things to do Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I have always used kite shaped flights.
Recently been trying normal size flights.
Haven't noticed a lot of difference to be honest.
For me kites have less surface area and less chance for a deflection.
Also use short stems.
Darts
Harrows 21 gram Fire darts.
Winmau 21 gram Hankey darts.

Best leg 501 - 11 Darts

Best finish
160 comp.
164 Dartman
146 Wda

WDA - 3Bulls
Dartman - 3Bulls

Everyone throws different i dont believe in those charts, i say try different set ups to see what works for you
(06-30-2016, 03:54 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: Everyone throws different i dont believe in those charts, i say try different set ups to see what works for you

Exactly what he said,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-30-2016, 03:54 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: Everyone throws different i dont believe in those charts, i say try different set ups to see what works for you

Agreed! The charts are ok, but very generalised. Everybody throws different so combinations will work differently for different people. Also, as I am Phil Taylor short, my darts will land and fly differently than someone that is Barney tall! So just a few factors lol
Stems and flights are cheap, so get a few combinations and spend a couple of hours workin gout what is best for you - it will be worth it in the end
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(06-29-2016, 10:01 PM)Arnold1990 Wrote: As in what does standard, pear, kite & slim do.... I normally do the classic medium shaft and standard flight. But recently brought so of Robbie Green infamous darts with short shaft and pear flights and seems like less room for error with pears..... Any advice guys???

Jake

Buy a few different shapes, they don't break the bank Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Hi 
I am new here so hello to all.
I recently have been doing so experimenting with shaft/flight combo`s.
I found that with extra short,short,tweeny & medium shafts whether using them with standard,kite or pear the darts went well.
The only diffrence was when using the thin long flights,the dart would land tail down,perfect if your good at stacking on top but off putting if your usual throw tends to land nice and flat.
I think its down to the individual and the mechanics of their throw as to which shaft/flight combo works best for them.
I would say,once you get a setup that is giving you the most consistant,predictable and comfortable for you....just stick with it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Like many others told you have to try them to see what suites you. So buy some and try BUT....
my opinion is that when you try something you try it not for a couple of throws neither for a couple of legs and then change again and the same all over. Give each setup little more time no matter if its going well or bad. AND dont change more than one thing at the time. You want to try longer or shorter shafts - change only the shafts and keep the same flight. You want to try another set of flights keep the same shaft etc.
Many changes together could mess with your mind.
If something seems good keep it some days before you decide to change it again.

Now form my little expiriene i realize that:
smaller and lighter the shaft will give you bigger landing angle.
The bigger the surface of the flight will have the same result (bigger landing angle)
The smaller the flight will make the dart fly a little bit faster but make it more sensible to bad throw habbits.

Thats all from me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looking for a set of 22g Harrows Apex?

2015 180's - 3
2016 180's - 8
2017 180's - 19

Total 180 count - 30
(07-10-2016, 05:39 PM)Arnold1990 Wrote: Looking for a set of 22g Harrows Apex?

wrong place arnold. Go to the buy, sell and swap section here:
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=69