Target Darts.

Hi Darts Barrel A 16g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cwUq7dYXOE

This is a set of Hi Darts soft tip 85% tungsten darts.  They are 16g and also available in 18g.

Hi Darts have a few new models out along with their fantastic soft tip board and these are available to buy from their site for 38 Euros which at present is approx £31.41 which has gone up a little since I did the video review before we left the EU!

It is a barrels only set.

You can buy them from the Hi Darts site here: Hi Darts Tungsten A 16g

Also remember to check out the special Hi Darts offer for forum members here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21465&pid=317925#pid317925

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

As stated above they are barrels only but they come inside a small crystal like block of a acrylic?  There is an outer cardboard sleeve with the Hi Darts logo but that little block of acrylic is very cool and the pics really don't do it justice, such a nice little way to pack the darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I just attached the tips, stems and flights I got with the Hi Darts board.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are a classic straight barrel style which makes a nice change for me in soft tip, not tried many straight barrel versions.  Its got a nice edgy double thin cut ring grip and the rings are widely spaced so its quite a grippy little dart, probably just at the border of high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very closely matched and the third was six hundredths of a gram lighter than the heaviest barrel so not bad really:

If you were to use a similar set up of tips, medium stems and standard flights it would be around this weight:

BALANCE:

With just a tip attached the barrel is slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Darts work quite well for a front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Almost!

CONCLUSION:

I have to say I think that little block they come in is really cool, its almost like a little ornament but of course I cant throw that, well I can but you know what I mean Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It seems a lot more manufacturers especially in the soft tip world are supplying darts as just barrels only and I can certainly see the point as people will always have their own preferred set up.

I set them up with the medium stems and standard flights as shown above as that is my usual set up anyway.  The barrel is quite short but I think it worked rather well with my front grip, it did throw a little flat so may suit a player who naturally throws flat but I found the ring grip on them helped quite well in throwing.  Its a nice positive feel and the darts behaved well.

When I tried gripping in the centre though it felt like that was the sweet spot, the darts seemed to fly a little more zippily and slightly flatter still but it felt like they were very well suited with that grip position.

I did not throw them so well from the rear but I don't really see naturally rear grippers having a problem its just that it is mostly smooth there unless your gripping half on the smooth end and the very end of the ring grip.

Overall its a nice little dart that I think front grippers will be fine with but middle grippers should get the best from it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice to see another company making darts too and kudos once again for the neat little touch that is the cool block holder Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7 (just a classic style)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (Close)
Quality: 8 (seems fine)
Value: 7.5 (was better before we left EU Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Suitability for me: 7.5 (not too bad at all)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always, I really like that acrylic holder.
Nice review Darren, thanks mate. I know its hard work and u do a superb job.
Thanks fellas! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Quality review. That little block does look pretty cool. Something different and good! The darts look clean and classic so a winner in my eyes
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Nice review - Good thing darts did not land at your usual angle............. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I do like the crystal block, looks cool!
Cool as usual
Valencia/Spain

Cool for sure,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review and photos once again Darren! Liking the acrylic block!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers Nutz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review, I am looking into buying a Hi Darts board and they are including a set of these. I am a rear gripper so I guess I can just swap the tip and shaft when I set it up and have the smooth section at the front.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Yeah not bad little darts actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I found out I actually get to choose between the 4 models they offer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Nice one! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  23 gram darts clearance (in production) barrel review. Phil D 22 2,229 01-30-2021, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Hazza
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 707 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 697 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 390 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Falcon F2 Darts Review Exclusive To Darts Clearance On eBay Getagrip 9 572 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
  Master Darts, Jyhan Artut, 90% Tungsten, 18G Soft Tip Darts Review Ehudakineyah 7 1,740 10-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  XQMax Michael van Gerwen Originals, 23G, Steel Tip Darts Review [LONG REVIEW] tiddler.tec 9 4,372 08-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Voks MMA 22g Darts Review 2018 Design Your Own Darts Winner Getagrip 27 5,854 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Jamie Lewis Rasta 23g darts review from Red Dragon Darts Getagrip 69 41,712 01-25-2018, 03:17 PM
  Ultima Darts & Bulls Fighter Main Gauche 18g darts review Getagrip 7 3,578 12-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85