Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Cosmo Super Duralumin stems
I don't think anyone has done a review of these yet. So... me? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'll be looking at some Cosmo Darts stems here. Now I should add before I start - I'm a big, big fan of Cosmo stuff. Hell my username is the Japanese phonetic transcription of "Cosmo"! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I really like the quality of their products even if the price is a bit high sometimes, but you get what you pay for IMHO and that's quality!

Anyway, today I'll be looking at some of their Super Duraliumin stems. I'm not usually a fan of aluminium stems (and Larry may think I've gone mad here!) but these are different, these are Super Duralumin which automatically makes them superior. That and I don't think you can robin-hood Cosmo stuff and I think these don't bend nearly as easy as normal aluminium stems. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway, here they are: 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No, you are not seeing things. These are #7 Duralumin stems!  :faint:

I like long stems and have an issue where medium stems and DXM flights land tail-up. So these *should* fix both problems. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here's a better look at the awesome craftmanship you get:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You get O-rings supplied with these too which I suppose you will need since they are metal stems... Regardless, here's how much one of mine weighs.

2.7g?! I could have a dart that's that weight! (Actually I do - stay tuned... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)

So what do I test them on? How about my new Harrows Aztec darts with One80 Reflex conversion points?

And they land tail-down, just as I wanted! (Although maybe a little too tail down...)

I also tried these on my 12g Nodor Sharks and they're even better on those. The angle is perfect and they fly great!

My rating of these stems? Well they're pricey at £30 a set :s but again the quality is definitely there. And hopefully, since these shouldn't bend or snap, they're stems for life! (Or a long time at least...) So for that reason they get a fantastic 9 out of 10! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Interesting Josh!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Super D reviews are very rare, so it's great you did one! +1 from me.

I posted about the SLIM version before, which weighs much less, in case the weight of the stems scare folks away!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
A very easy +1 for me on a very well put together review and excellent photo's great job! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

very nice looking stems but crazy price! nice review Josh +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-28-2016, 09:22 AM)Getagrip Wrote: very nice looking stems but crazy price! nice review Josh +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

27GBP (used to be about 20GBP just awhile back!) compared to the really crazy Burnt TI stems @71GBP, and relatively cheap compared to another much more premium brand Duralumins @63GBP.  I think the FIT Super Duralumins cost something like 4-5GBP more than the carbon.

I'll stick to my 15p Deflectagrips though!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Seriously, if I were to go with FIT, the Slim Duralumins sound super attractive!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review, but I couldn't imagine using stems that cost more than my actual darts!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Since you've had these for a while have you had any issues with them bending?
(03-14-2017, 06:11 PM)Horse Wrote: Since you've had these for a while have you had any issues with them bending?

I don't use them as much as I should do, but not that I know of. They've held up well. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Keep us posted on your long term impressions.
I'm at my wits end with my Nylon Cosmos snapping like dry twigs !!!

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(03-14-2017, 06:18 PM)The G Wrote: Keep us posted on your long term impressions.
I'm at my wits end with my Nylon Cosmos snapping like dry twigs !!!

Try L-Style
(06-28-2016, 03:44 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I posted about the SLIM version before, which weighs much less, in case the weight of the stems scare folks away!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd like to read more about slims. Any link?

(06-28-2016, 02:09 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Nice review, but I couldn't imagine using stems that cost more than my actual darts!

Here's an easy solution for you mate. No, you don't have to thank me. I am glad I could help :-)

(03-14-2017, 06:11 PM)Horse Wrote: Since you've had these for a while have you had any issues with them bending?

I own the size 2. They're smaller, lighter (if I can say it about 1,47g). I have played with them for a few months. I prefer common nylons these days, though. However, if someone assures me than the slim super duralumins are that bendproof like the normal ones seem to be I think I could take the plunge again and buy a set of slims in the future. I can say that I can't see any sign of bending on mine.

I'd like to point out some things though. The flights on shafts don't sit as tight as they do on nylons or carbons. They spin more (the spinners) and flights are more prone to falling out after hitting another flight. May be a good thing for saving flights, it's just a bit annoying compared to how they sit on the other types.

And I had an issue with the o rings... I have some darts which barrel threads are a fraction smaller and there isn't enough room for common o rings. Even the ones that came with shafts are too thick. It's an issue only with a few of my darts (like the One80 darts above). They work fine otherwise with other darts I have. Thing is that there isn't the common groove seen on metal stems and if the o ring doesn't have space where to go it tends to screwing shafts in not straight enough. It's not bent but it may look like it is.

The biggest issue for me is the weight. There were moments when everything went right but then the other day I felt it isn't good for me. If the lighter slims are the same quality, I'd rather go for slims.

However, it's about personal preferencies. If someone wants heavy stems these super duralumins may be a good choice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 5,018 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review 4737 Carlin 21 7,481 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: kungfuron