Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

suggestion for front loaded barrels
hello all. 

after playing with numerous sets of darts it finally hit me the other day why i keep going back to the same set that i bought when i first started playing. actually i believe these were my very first set of tungsten darts. its because they are tapered slightly. they are slightly smaller in the front and bulge out a little in the middle, then taper back down slightly in the rear. all of the other darts ive tried have been straight barrels and to be completely honest i really hadnt noticed that mine were tapered at all, this whole time i was thinking that the reason i kept washing out on the straight barrels was because they were longer, not because they were straight barrels. 

anyway, i wanted to try out something that was a little more front loaded to see if i would prefer that over the tapered style. something that is not as pronounced as taylors or jelle's but something a little more subtle. i could spend a few hours browsing all of the manufacturers sites as well as the major online retailers but i was hoping to save myself a little bit of time and ask you guys instead. 

id be looking for something in 22-24g range and since this is an experiment i dont want to put a ton of money into it. i dont want to go cheap cheap, but im not looking to fork out $90 on an experiment. 

thanks in advance!
MC
The first ones that jump to my mind are the older Barney style darts - ton machines, grandslam, triple b. His new phase 5 unicorns are also front weighted. There is also the unicorn Kyle Anderson dart. I will have a think for a few more, but those are the immediate ones that still give the impression of a straight barrel with front loading
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

These are an excellent, inexpensive front-loaded barrel - effortless to throw and would probably suit most players:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=31802
Winmau Christian Kist, Unicorn Kyle Anderson is also front weighted but the nose is not tapered.
Harrows Ice

Can't go wrong with hankeys
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a set of these, they fly well, and they're nicely front balanced.  They seem a good inbetween dart from Lowe style and straight barrels.

22g Steel Tip Tungsten Darts - Masterdarts - Jyhan Artut.  A bargain @ £15
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=93104
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Unicorn Twomlow?

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/advanced_s...e&x=38&y=3
I found the Target Distinction Capricorn to be a little front weighted. It's not much but noticeable. And they look stunning and come in 21g or 23g
thank you guys for all of your suggestions! i really appreciate it!

MC
I have moved from straight barrell and tapered darts (Wolframs, and my customs) to front loaded. I currently have the harrows ICE and Priestleys in 21g. I also have 17g buntings. The buntings are nice and good for a smooth dart if you want to throw a lighter dart. I bought them in 21 but the width was too wide and I didn't like them. I have switched to the Priestley's for about the past 8 months and I love them. The bulbous part is exactly where I grip the dart (front grip) and I use a pencil grip so they release well for me a well. The Harrows ICE are a nice front loaded dart as well. They seem more front loaded then the Priestley's I can really tell the difference between them, but they fly well. Out of the ones I have experience with, I think the Priestley's are best (for how I throw). All of the darts I mentioned won't break your bank either. I have also heard good things about the Hankey's though I have never tried them. Hopefully that helps a bit. Good luck with your search!
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Original whitloxks can be picked up for decent money..I found them a lovely dart
thanks! and funny you should mention it but I was just looking at the priestleys. im not trying to decide on a tapered but with a different grip than my current darts, or something like the priestley with a slight bulb in the front. I will probably go with something with the slight bulb just because its a little different than my current ones and if I never try them then ill never know.
Check out the Winmau Testament 24g. Great grip and front loaded, they fly excellent Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

I use the Co Stompe darts in 22 grams. The gold/black ones. Those fly really wel.
Also the barney phase 5 darts are good front weighted darts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for front Grip - Front grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 50 29,048 07-05-2020, 01:00 PM
Last Post: BullShot
  Darts I have used as a front gripper Trainor180 2 373 04-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Trainor180
  Front Loaded Dickie_rock 22 4,818 01-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Stratos or front weighted Jacob Schaeffer 12 2,062 05-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Gada