Target Darts.

Unicorn HD2 Replaceable Numbers Review

"What?" I can hear you say.... "he is reviewing the numbers, but they are just bits of plastic, Grip has lost it!!!!"

Well yes and no, they are certainly just bits of plastic and no I have not lost it, its not so much a review of the numbers as items themselves but more a little showcase of what they look like when installed and the combos of different colours you can do with them.

As most of you are aware by now the Unicorn HD2 came with removeable/adjustable/replaceable numbers which I rightly said in my review of the HD2 would have divided opinions on their merit but hopefully some may see some more worth behind the idea now that the various options in different colours are available.

The new colours are black, red, blue and green and of course white.  I don't know for sure if more colours will be coming but I would be very surprised if they were not.

For a full pack of numbers to fill out your number ring the cost is £3.29 which is much better than what I thought it may be as I assumed around £5.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Like I said though there is not a lot to say about them, the numbers are all individual and have little clips on to attach to the wire and depending on if its a number at the top or bottom of the board the clip may be in a different place on for example number 1.

I found it easier to replace all the numbers at a table but if your just replacing a few (if broken say) then its just as easy to do it while the ring is still attached to the board.

I have not broken any numbers on my HD2 as of yet but I know a few people that have broken more than one, so they are certainly not indestructible but I have had a good few hits and so far so good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think out of all the colours I find the black to be most effective and keeping the eyes focused better it just looks cool with the black numbers but here is a few combos I tried:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Green is my favourite colour for sure but these black are my favourite for the board:

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I like it!

It's the small things...

Who wants to take bets on green numbers being in many Getagrip reviews from here on?

LOL I think I will mix them but it is hard not to keep the green on I just think the black has more of an effect on the focus Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I can't have anything like this. I'd never throw a dart because I'd be too busy making fabulous colour schemes with the numbers
Board looks lovely with the black numbers, really really lovely lol
I have some numbers wich have broken off from my old HD board's number ring. What do you think: these replacement numbers fit the ring of the HD(1)? (Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me)
Cool, I like it! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(06-26-2016, 05:57 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: I can't have anything like this. I'd never throw a dart because I'd be too busy making fabulous colour schemes with the numbers

The board looks so good, just wauw. Love the full black ring.
Thanks for sharing Darren!
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Nice one Darren!

I agree with the comments made already, even though it does not make sense the black numbers look great.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Looks fantastic and that set up with the new board, black numbers and the nuts surround has got to be the best and sharpest set up out there. Would be a pure joy to throw at that set up I think.
Thanks for doing the review Darren

I think I'd be like Serial 7Hriller and constantly changing the combinations... "OK, what about alternating black and white. No, alternating red and green"

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(06-26-2016, 07:57 PM)bosmajor Wrote: I have some numbers wich have broken off from my old HD board's number ring. What do you think: these replacement numbers fit the ring of the HD(1)? (Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me)

Thanks everyone! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

bosmajor I am not sure if they will fit the HD1 ring, its possible they could though if its the same round wire.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The numbers look good in black and I like the highlighted numbers in white maybe for cricket. I know most of us are using lights over the board but what about throwing in dimly lit areas? I'm wondering if the darker numbers would be hard to spot?
I know if I had this board I'd have to have all the colors to change out like I do the flight colors I use
thanks for the review Darren
(06-27-2016, 01:45 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: The numbers look good in black and I like the highlighted numbers in white maybe for cricket. I know most of us are using lights over the board but what about throwing in dimly lit areas? I'm wondering if the darker numbers would be hard to spot?
I know if I had this board I'd have to have all the colors to change out like I do the flight colors I use
thanks for the review Darren

I was kind of thinking the same thing - make the cricket numbers one color and the rest another color.
For those that do A1 and A3(I think) - you could make your target numbers one color and different color for the rest.
Cheers for the heads up these. Always good to see what is out there. I'd have to pick one colour and stick with it or I'd waste far too much time mixing and matching or would come home and the wife and kids would have made their own scheme lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn X Flights review Getagrip 45 18,831 12-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: dsiegel
  Unicorn Raised Oche review Getagrip 15 6,873 03-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Gripper 4 stem review Cosmo 16 5,245 10-26-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip