Darts Buddy

Unicorn 2017 World Champion Player dartboard surround review

Here is a quick review of the new Unicorn WC Player surrounds.  When I seen these at the Unicorn launch event I thought they were a really nice stylish surround and a great item for fans of the players.

There is only the 2 players (as its World Champion themed) at present which is Gary Anderson and the version I have here the Raymond Van Barneveld one.

They are made from a heavy duty injection moulded plastic and have a very nice quality photo print of the players with their signature in a nice gold lettering on the bottom and the Unicorn logo also in gold at the top, to the right is the players image and on the left is a kind of polka dot pattern which gradually fades towards the Unicorn logo.

They are nice and thick and have a nice dense squidgy feel when pressed.

My biggest reservation as you would expect is the price, they are certainly not cheap at £74.99 and although surrounds have often been quite expensive I think the average price now is around £25 which is better than it used to be so these are certainly a considered purchased and I can only assume the manufacturing of the surround with the image is partly to blame for the cost.

It would be nice to see some in other player versions and even nicer if the price could be made cheaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

In the short video above I did throw some darts into it and you can see the holes on the left hand side in the pic below but it is such a nice surround that it was not easy to see it pierced lol!

So I think you can gather that I think its a very good surround but cost is the big factor and I think that is likely to put some off but I am sure die hard fans will still buy them and love them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice looking touch ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Just buy a plain surround and stick a photo of your favorite player on it lol
Nice one, Darren. +1. A wee bit pricey though.

Quite like the look of those black numbers actually. I've ordered some more white and green, but still waiting for them to arrive. May order some of those black too actually.

Hope they bring an Ambassador "Old Stoneface" surround out...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
I think it's a bit off putting, with Barney giving you that glare Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. And the price is ridiculous. A definite no for me. But thanks for the review.

That looks great, nice review too, in the basket it goes.... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
Thanks all, lol I knew lovejoy would be happy with it and a good example of why they will be popular with fans in spite of the cost Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-26-2016, 05:12 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks all, lol I knew lovejoy would be happy with it and a good example of why they will be popular with fans in spite of the cost Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I was going to wait until the other stuff in the new range is available, not sure I can stand the wait after seeing this...... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
LOL its not easy on the wallet when so much comes out at once!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Looks great, but that price... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looks nice but woooaaaahh that's pricey!
Good looking product. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Bad looking price . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Yeah the product itself is awesome but understandably everyone has the same reaction to the price.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Pretty much the same opinion as everyone else - looks like a real quality item and they have done a good job with the image and lettering, but way way way out of my price range for a surround!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Not for me and price is not too far from being extortionate.
CURRENT DARTS AND SETUP:
22g Target Rising Sun Darts(Harrows Clic Flights & Medium Stems)
Target Daytona Grey/Blue Case
Unicorn Eclipse HD2/Unicorn Wall Clamp
Unicorn PDC Heavy Duty Surround(orange)
Aurora Halo Lighting System(white)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 38,152 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Aurora Halo Dartboard Lighting surround review Getagrip 30 19,514 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn X Flights review Getagrip 45 19,017 12-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: dsiegel
  Unicorn Solar Flare Integrated Illuminated Pro Surround dartboard light review Getagrip 18 12,841 11-22-2017, 04:16 PM
  Unicorn Raised Oche review Getagrip 15 7,028 03-10-2017, 06:33 PM
  Winmau Extreme 2 Dartboard Stand review Nathan Mansfield 8 8,006 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Nathan Mansfield
  Unicorn Gripper 4 stem review Cosmo 16 5,385 10-26-2016, 07:35 PM
  Dart Smart Cricket dartboard review Getagrip 8 7,924 08-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Lurker1
  Unicorn HD2 Replaceable Numbers Review Getagrip 27 11,405 06-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Last Post: bosmajor
  Super-Lux Dartboard Lighting System Review Getagrip 33 20,342 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: HazBeen