Double Top Darts.

Voks Tracer One 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0saXQuEAM

I actually got these last year and started the review in October I think but got side tracked and never got to fully finish it until now! Sorry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Any way this is one of the models that Voks released last year and its another very nicely designed and machined dart.

The dart is available as fixed point as seen here and also with the EL-C point. The fixed point model I am reviewing here is $79 and available in 20, 21, 22 and 23g which is the weight I am reviewing.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual Voks cardboard box which is nice and strong and neatly made. Inside the darts are provided with a point protector, Voks wallet, medium alloy stems and Voks standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Although the grip on the darts may look very aggressive it is surprisingly not the case. The edges are kind of smoothed off and they angle is not so severe that it digs into you so I would say its more like a high medium level of grip to borderline high.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

All barrels are perfectly matched! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is slightly to the front:

With the supplied set up it moves to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The darts were not too bad with my front grip but I think it worked better nearer the centre:

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Its another unique looking dart from Voks and one that is very nicely machined again. I think a lot of people will likely look at it and think it looks overly grippy but it will surprise you in that regard although you may feel the grooves along the length more than you may think, its not a bad feel though but just a little strange at first.

I tried throwing the darts right from the nose and I don't think it was right at all there, it felt unbalanced and although I did not throw it too badly it was kind of a big fishtail swing to the left before correcting itself nearer the board.

Moving my grip up a little to where the main grip starts gave a more consistent feel and result with smoother flight but I think this is really a dart for middle grippers.

When trying from the middle the balance feels just right and the flight a whole lot smoother and much better behaved.

I gave them a try from the rear and I can see some merit in it for rear grippers too but you lose out on the grip from the rear part of the barrel which is mostly smooth.

So I think I can safely recommend this for middle grippers I think they will get most benefit from the shape and grip, rear grippers its possibly one to try and see Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

One thing I did notice is that although they are only fairly light at 23g they kind of felt even lighter, there was a slightly strange hollow feeling which could be due to the deep grooves?

On the whole though its another very well made dart from Voks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8.5 (looks cool if a bit strange)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9 (very nice quality)
Value: 7 (not too bad)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (was ok but not the best for me)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great Review Darren! Been really interested in these bad boys since they came out; they were by far the suited looking of the new bunch Voks brought out.

Awesome pictures too!
Always nice to see perfectly matched barrels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. great looking darts aswell but can't help thinking that the grip could cause some big deflections
interesting design look nice darts good review
great review and a really good looking dart
I really like the design of these darts, shame they're a bit too fat for me. Thanks for the review Getagrip.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Thanks guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review with with second to none photos,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers James Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice darts and review of same.
another top class review with awesome pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 nice looking set too

Member previously known as Daveheald

Thanks Cat and Rodderz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Quality review and pics as usual. A very interesting grip and quality machining on the barrel. Voks certainly make some intriguing darts
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always and a lovely looking set of darts. I was a bit put off by them when I first saw the review as I used to grip right at the front but I've changed to a middle grip so these should be perfect Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just bought a set off JayKay and turns out it's the actual set reviewed so I know exactly what I'm getting Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Looking forward to giving them a throw!
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voks Jagger 23g darts review Getagrip 26 26,274 6 hours ago
Last Post: Getagrip
  Voks Darts Reviews JayKay 6 3,182 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Voks MMA 22g Darts Review 2018 Design Your Own Darts Winner Getagrip 27 5,937 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  MMA Voks 22g - a comparative review MMA 15 1,574 06-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: MMA
Thumbs Up JW One 23g darts review the Voks 2017 Design a dart winner! Getagrip 28 8,783 11-24-2017, 05:31 PM
  Voks Cruzer 24g darts review Getagrip 5 5,099 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM
  Voks Hayabusa 19g darts review Getagrip 22 10,247 08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
  Voks Overlord 24g darts review Getagrip 46 32,445 06-04-2017, 07:15 PM
  Voks Bomber 18g darts reveiw Getagrip 10 8,342 07-20-2016, 10:35 AM
  Hamo 24g Voks Design A Dart Winner Review Getagrip 15 6,701 06-22-2016, 06:22 PM