Darts Buddy

Tips for heavier darts
I want to throw a heavier soft tip darts but the tips may bend quicker. 
What tips that u guys prefered and last longer?
Trying to be better darts player insyaAllah.
US Lippoints work a treat for my previous 22g barrels. They flex a lot, but hardly break. Now I default to Fit Plus Points (FPP) even though I've gone much lighter. FPP is a lot stiffer, hardly have bounce outs because of the textured design but is still flexible enough to resist breaking to some extent. A lot of it also depends on how straight the dart enters the board.

Ok, I just 'pumped' up my 15.7g barrels to 20.5g with point for you, and threw a few on sisal. I also threw a few with FPP against the hard wooden backing. They're fine. Switched to US Lippoints - also work on sisal, but oscillates a lot more and longer after impact. I've not tried the more expensive Lippoint Premiums so I can't comment. They look like a very nice design and one I would like to try.

Hope this helps.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Fit Plus Points gets my vote,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I throw with both Fit point plus and Lip Point Premium with my custom 21gm Andy Hamilton barrels. I find the fit points seem to soften quicker on the phoenix boards than the premiums but Dartslive boards they both seem to work fine, you will go through them quicker than someone using 18gm due to the extra weighted compact when the dart hits the board.
Cosmo fit point plus. Best soft tip I have ever used by far. I throw 21 gm and they hold up great. Also, the wrench that comes with the set is great! Finally, they are really ecnomical. Won't use anything else unless something better is invented. The variety of colors is a bonus too.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Another vote for Fit Point Plus for me too
Cosmo Fit Point Plus tips
Trinidad Jet 18 gram barrels
Cosmo Carbon size 8 shafts, large, Orange super kite air flights  

Phoenix ID - [PIRATES] Pughdog
VDarts H2 - pughdog
(06-25-2016, 02:18 AM)Rik81 Wrote: I throw with both Fit point plus and Lip Point Premium with my custom 21gm Andy Hamilton barrels. I find the fit points seem to soften quicker on the phoenix boards than the premiums but Dartslive boards they both seem to work fine, you will go through them quicker than someone using 18gm due to the extra weighted compact when the dart hits the board.

Does different board cause different damage too? I usually throw to m-darts radikal boards using 2 different tips. FPP & Lippoint. Lippoint seems last longer than FPP. But when i throw it to Vdarts board, those FPP do just find for an hours throwing.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Think i will try stick to FPP for couple of month n see will it be great n long lasting.
(06-27-2016, 05:04 PM)izzat rahman Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 02:18 AM)Rik81 Wrote: I throw with both Fit point plus and Lip Point Premium with my custom 21gm Andy Hamilton barrels. I find the fit points seem to soften quicker on the phoenix boards than the premiums but Dartslive boards they both seem to work fine, you will go through them quicker than someone using 18gm due to the extra weighted compact when the dart hits the board.

Does different board cause different damage too? I usually throw to m-darts radikal boards using 2 different tips. FPP & Lippoint. Lippoint seems last longer than FPP. But when i throw it to Vdarts board, those FPP do just find for an hours throwing.
I think it comes down to the construction quality of the board and the hole type but I also believe how you throw the dart adds a little part to this.  I think the vdarts/dartslive boards are very similar in construct and therefore will perform similarly.
anyone tried no.5 tips with heavier darts? looking to buy rapier IV in no.5, no idea if the smaller tips can hold the heavier barrel.
(06-30-2016, 02:57 PM)1202339 Wrote: anyone tried no.5 tips with heavier darts? looking to buy rapier IV in no.5, no idea if the smaller tips can hold the heavier barrel.

I have that setup and have had no problems. Actually most of my darts are no.5 tips and on the heavier side of barrells 17-19g barrells alone. I havent noticed any issues.
EDSON on 
 +Granboard 
 +DartsLive2
 +Vdarts
 +G3
My dart reviews, experiences, videos: 
https://www.facebook.com/KrakenDarts/
https://krakendarts.wordpress.com
My dart live streams and videos: 360 Dart Stream
(06-30-2016, 06:18 PM)Djreson Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 02:57 PM)1202339 Wrote: anyone tried no.5 tips with heavier darts? looking to buy rapier IV in no.5, no idea if the smaller tips can hold the heavier barrel.

I have that setup and have had no problems. Actually most of my darts are no.5 tips and on the heavier side of barrells 17-19g barrells alone. I havent noticed any issues.

Sweet. Rapier IV currently in the mail. looking forward to throwing those.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
bought a scale and found out that my setup is nearly 24gm. I'd be absolutely stuffed playing in US.

Setup
Modifed Andy Hamilton Barrels (21.5gm)
Fit Flight Duralumin with W Shape flights
(07-29-2016, 06:29 AM)Rik81 Wrote: bought a scale and found out that my setup is nearly 24gm. I'd be absolutely stuffed playing in US.

Setup
Would love to see a pic of those darts please... I am about to send off my 25g Hamiltons to be converted to soft tip....

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
Photo 
(08-12-2016, 12:52 PM)philliesricky Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:29 AM)Rik81 Wrote: bought a scale and found out that my setup is nearly 24gm. I'd be absolutely stuffed playing in US.

Setup
Would love to see a pic of those darts please...    I am about to send off my 25g Hamiltons to be converted to soft tip....

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
Did mine thru the custom section at madhouse. They recommend 27gm to convert over.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 2 darts, tips bend easy do I need to buy harder tips Charly1954 9 1,022 09-17-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: splash
  Good soft tips darts kriz 6 697 01-27-2019, 01:09 AM
Last Post: AProsview
  heavier soft tip darts Phisk 23 7,293 02-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Looking for heavier Softtips Lavalampe 10 2,237 11-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Soft tip point options for heavier custom darts? JohnK 23 7,975 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Last Post: alienmartian22