Double Top Darts.

Bottelsen Hammerheads
I want to know if you can change the Hammerhead points on Mega Thrust darts to fixed point. If so how simple is it and what points do I need to purchase?
Yes you can change them out very easily. Visit one of the online dart supply shops and look up conversion points. Uncrew the original ones out, screw the new ones in and away you go.
Yeah very easy, you also may want to get some o rings to make sure the point doesn't unscrew.
Thanks guys I will buy some conversion points as suggested.
What's the matter, got tired of that Hammerhead wobble when the darts strike the board.     Hammerheads remind me of the darts Peter Wright used in a few tournaments that had thin points that would let the dart wobble like crazy when hitting the board.  

Even though I fell for the moveable point dart fad in the late 80's, I used Powerpoints and I found they didn't loosen up near as much as the Hammerheads.
I prefer a fixed points and Bottelsen don't make a 22g fixed for the Mega Thrust. So paid the extra and will change the Hammer heads when I get them. I just find the movable point too annoying when pulling them out of the board and not really necessary with the new boards.
i totally agree with you GPage! pulling them out is very annoying. i have a friend that uses hammerheads and ive had to go off on him a couple times for snatching the darts out when hes playing at my house. first off it damn near rips the board off the wall, secondly it pulls a lot of fibers out slowly destroying the board. ive gotten used to giving my darts a little twist when im pulling them out, but there aint no twisting those.
I’ve always wondered if Larry Butler ever used hammerhead Darts.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(10-25-2017, 08:48 PM)The G Wrote: I’ve always wondered if Larry Butler ever used hammerhead Darts.

Harrows sold a set of Power Points under his name, but don't think I ever heard him using hammerheads
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I just bought a set of 25g GGrips because i liked the barrels so much, and i got Monster Fixed point tips for them

***Edited playing on the blade 4 board the monsters are too thick and don’t hold they fall out very easily Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. broke the shaft tumbling into the floor

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...44&&page=2
Bottelsen GG Hammerheads 25 gram, laser etched fixed point tips, punched Sininster Flights 
Piranha 22gram with 32mm laser etched tips, punched Pentathlon Flights
Target PT Power 8Zero BT 24gram, Unicorn Supertrue flights 
I like Bottlensen Hammerhead Skinnys Convertibles Darts, I throw well with them (if ain't broke don't fix it), but I've decide to put a "fixed" point on them.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01