Shot Darts

Hamo 24g Voks Design A Dart Winner Review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtC0AhjabZI

As some of you know our very own Hamo won the Voks design a dart comp this year, hardly surprising as he sent in a billion entries so it would have been a miracle if he never won lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Only kidding Hamo!

Anyway Voks run this comp each year and last year our own Greg won it, so the Nutz are doing well!

Hamo has made a design in a straight barrel dart of 24g and Voks sent him 5 sets and he very kindly sent me a set to review.

Also if you wish to buy a set we have them on sale in the Nutz shop and there is a discount for Nutz members, you can find it here: Voks Hamo 24g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the neat Voks cardboard boxes with a little Voks wallet and are fitted with some Voks Tornado points and supplied with some Voks standard flights and some nice spinning stems, not sure what type they are.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Like I said above its a straight barrel design and has a nice graduated shark/razor grip at the front of the barrel with a continually decreasing width of angles. It does not feel too aggressive but is still a good high medium to almost high level.  

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels are perfectly matched!

Weight of the set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is towards the front:

With the supplied setup it moves to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Just right for a front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

I think its a nice dart for front grippers, the grip is spot on for me, its not overly aggressive and has a nice feel while providing good control.  The darts behaved well through the air too, no fishtailing or spiralling.

Of course I still tried it from the centre and the rear and it flew well from the centre if a little flatter for me and it was not too bad from the rear either but there is not much grip in those two positions although the darts were not slippy, there is some grooves at the rear and depending on how you grip at the centre you may find some of your grip is on the last of the minis razor grip there, so if so you will get some level of grip.

But its a dart I found very easy to throw, it just felt the right kind of grip and balance and weight and was quite pleasant to throw with.

I think Hamo has come up with a nice twist on the classic straight barrel with that grip section and I think front grippers will probably get most out of it.

The Tornado points feel really good too, my only gripe and its one I have with all grip points is that for some reason when your dart lands near a wire they seem to grip really hard, I think it must be locking on to the wire below the sisal to cause that and its why I prefer the smooth points.  Of course if its not your own board then why worry lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But I am looking forward to trying the smooth Tornado points as I am sure they will be a winner, but if you must have that bit of grip then the grip version are great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (Not a bad looking dart at all)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9 (very nice quality)
Value: 8 (fine with members discount)
Suitability for me: 8 (flys well)

Best Feature: Front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice Darts,,,,,,These look like they would suit me,,,,,,,
Unbelievable Darren...superb detail as always and the darts are now officially famous Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. glad you liked them...the grip was designed to suit as many as possible and seems to work that way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. thanks again for doing the review bud
Nice looking darts. Too bad the grip is on the wrong end Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-19-2016, 09:07 PM)hamo Wrote: Unbelievable Darren...superb detail as always and the darts are now officially famous Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. glad you liked them...the grip was designed to suit as many as possible and seems to work that way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. thanks again for doing the review bud

LOL yep your famous now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

very nice review again and this is match weighted +1
Nice review, looks like a quality set of darts. Too bad these don't suit me (most of my fingers/grip is on the smooth part).
Yes I thought it was a good design when they were first imagined. I just don't see them for me which is too bad they look nice. Great review Darren and glad they sent you some to do the review.
You mentioned the points and makes me wonder just why points are designed that way knowing they'll mess up your board. They look cool though
Thanks guys, lots of players like those points for extra grip but like anything its a personal thing, I just prefer the smooth ones, very good points though and has a nice fit to the barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice darts, they would fit me good I think. Dimensions look good
may all the doubles be with you

Thank you Darren,
The review was great!!

These are available in the Darts Nutz Store in 23g and 24g for all who would like to purchase. 

As part of the winning agreement, 10% of all sales until December 2017 will go to the charity of Mark's choice (HAMO).

As always, if anyone has any questions, you can email us voksdartsinc@yahoo.com, visit us on Facebook or Twitter, or here of course on the forum!

Thank you again for your support and keeping Voks strong and loving what we do!!

Cheers HAMO!!

:banana:
Link to the store:
https://www.dartsnutz.net/shop/hamo-2016...ng-design/
Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Congrats to Hamo on winning and congrats to Darren on yet another superb review as usual. The darts are very nice indeed.
Another first class review. The darts look great with the gradient on the grip pattern. Top work all round Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Lovely looking darts and great review again Darren!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 508 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Voks MMA 22g Darts Review 2018 Design Your Own Darts Winner Getagrip 27 5,712 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Voks Tracer One 23g darts review Getagrip 17 6,966 07-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  MMA Voks 22g - a comparative review MMA 15 1,509 06-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: MMA
Thumbs Up JW One 23g darts review the Voks 2017 Design a dart winner! Getagrip 28 8,572 11-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Voks Cruzer 24g darts review Getagrip 5 4,995 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM
  Voks Hayabusa 19g darts review Getagrip 22 10,035 08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
  Voks Jagger 23g darts review Getagrip 21 25,937 06-17-2017, 09:16 AM
  Voks Overlord 24g darts review Getagrip 46 32,065 06-04-2017, 07:15 PM
  Voks Design A Darts Winning Darts Review Getagrip 43 20,956 03-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Yuillsy