Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Shot! 801 2 series 80% tungsten 23gr review
I'll try to review the Shot! 801 2 series 23gr 80% tungsten

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My experience:

I never ever tried a dart with more aggresive grip. Very special design (something usuall for shot darts). It take some time to get used to them due to their unique grip. You cannot easily find a dart to compare with it.
 I found difficult to throw them like my other darts cause i was trying to grip in the the front end where the grip is over aggresive for me. Since yesterday i never threw them again. But after some one day of slippery with every darts i was getting in my hands i decided to give them a go again. I gripped the dart almost in the center this time and... here you go. The darts flighing perfect. If this dart slipp if your hand you will need a new hand Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. I wish they were 25gr.
The funny part was the reactions in the darts cafe i'm playing when i got this darts first time... eyes wide open from every one. One of my teammates while he is trying to describe them gave them several names ( iron maiden darts, heavy metal darts etc). 
Maybe they wont suite every player cause of ther very very aggresive grip but is a dart set to have even if you have it only for your collection (like me).

Contents:

The darts come in a slim box, inside you will find two sets of Shot! shafts, one red intermediate and one white short, and a set of Shot! flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Design:

Very precise design again, you will be very happy to see a so complex dart with no imperfection. Shinny and impresive.
Is one of the sets that can be pictured even with the best photo.

Balance:

Its a very balanced dart. Maybe in the first throws you will think that something is wrong but its cause you grip it to hard and it stick to your hand on the release. If you grip it gently you will find out that is perfect.

As you could see the balance point ( red dots) of the barrel only is in the center part of the dart and it move slightly rear while you add the shaft.

The Grip:

All about this darts is their grip. In the center they have a razor part and going to either side is a knurled part, a very aggresive ring part and knurled again. The part of the rings is the more aggresive cause the ring are thin and knurled too. The most confortable area is from the part from the second to the third knurled setion (including the razor of course).

Weight Matching:

The weight of each barrel is: 22.92gr, 22.86gr and 22.90gr. Pretty matched as the max differnece is 0.06gr

Dimensions:

The dimension of the 23 gr version i have are

Lenght: 50mm
Diameter: 7.36mm

They are available to 21gr and 25gr also.

Summary:

Design: 7
Grip: 9
Overall: 7

Their cost is about 25 pounds
Nice review Copigme!  Nice pictures. Were you using a macro lense? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Them razor knurls are sharp, and probably something I like! 

If you want the weight a little heavier, you could try several things. Depending on how deep the darts are drilled, add a tungsten insert (2.2g) and if there's not enough space, you could grind down the insert, use almost pure lead (you could melt it in or just use small billets), or tungsten putty.

How deep are the darts drilled?
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Oh I really like the look of these  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'll have a hunt online and see what the best price is. Cheers for the review.
Darts used: Designa Dark Thunder 22g
Highest Checkout: 157 (Practice) 148 (League)
Lowest Leg: 12 Darts (Practice) 15 (League)
Great review John, I bought some of those a while ago because I liked the look of the grip, not tried them yet though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-15-2016, 11:37 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review John, I bought some of those a while ago because I liked the look of the grip, not tried them yet though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1

I'll buy them off you  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I've been looking online but can only see them for sale on dartswarehouse.com but they're based in USA, couldn't wait that long to receive them lol.
Darts used: Designa Dark Thunder 22g
Highest Checkout: 157 (Practice) 148 (League)
Lowest Leg: 12 Darts (Practice) 15 (League)
They are in New Zealand and that's where I bought them, usually only takes about 4 or 5 days but sometimes can be a bit longer.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review copigme! +1
(06-15-2016, 09:53 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Nice review Copigme!  Nice pictures. Were you using a macro lense? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If you want the weight a little heavier, you could try several things. Depending on how deep the darts are drilled, add a tungsten insert (2.2g) and if there's not enough space, you could grind down the insert, use almost pure lead (you could melt it in or just use small billets), or tungsten putty.

Thank you Ancient Darter.
I don't know excactly what lens is this. Is my girlfriends who is her first steps of becoming a profesional photgrapher.
Its a nikon 35mm if i remember right. So the more equipment see gets for her job the better my dart photos will be. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Now about the inserts. The darts aren't very deep drilled. I was thinking of adding weight some months ago but i'm affrain of losing the ballance of the dart.

The best candidate for this is a set of soft tip accurate darts i have. They are very nice darts. Nothing fancy to the design but they flighting very nice. They are drilled deep (till the ceter of the barrel) so i was thinking of trying it.

If you have the time i'd like to see a thread of you with a small "how to add weight"
(06-15-2016, 11:37 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review John, I bought some of those a while ago because I liked the look of the grip, not tried them yet though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1

Thank you getagrip. They are quite interesting, give them a go.
(06-15-2016, 11:41 AM)Mickles Wrote:

+1

I'll buy them off you  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I've been looking online but can only see them for sale on dartswarehouse.com but they're based in USA, couldn't wait that long to receive them lol.

As getagrip said they are based in New Zealand but the Dartswarehouse have free shipping and i was experienced only a 4 working days delivery to Greece which is fast enough
Great Review! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Zsocca Wrote: Great Review! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you mate
Thanks for taking the time to make this review it was well done and great photos as well.
(06-15-2016, 03:00 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Thanks for  taking the time to make this review it was well done and great photos as well.

Thank you slingblade. As a dartsnutz i love to do everything related to darts when i'm not playing
(06-15-2016, 01:51 PM)copigme Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 09:53 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Nice review Copigme!  Nice pictures. Were you using a macro lense? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you Ancient Darter.
I don't know excactly what lens is this. Is my girlfriends who is her first steps of becoming a profesional photgrapher.
Its a nikon 35mm if i remember right. So the more equipment see gets for her job the better my dart photos will be. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Now about the inserts. The darts aren't very deep drilled. I was thinking of adding weight some months ago but i'm affrain of losing the ballance of the dart.

The balance will still feel the same. I've done quite a bit with weights - all over, and my darts are about 15.2 - 17g, so slight difference can be felt. At 23g, believe me, you won't feel any change of balance if you pump in 1 or 2g at the end.You can measure it, but for all practical reasons when throwing, you won't be able to tell.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The best candidate for this is a set of soft tip accurate darts i have. They are very nice darts. Nothing fancy to the design but they flighting very nice. They are drilled deep (till the ceter of the barrel) so i was thinking of trying it.

If you have the time i'd like to see a thread of you with a small "how to add weight"

There's already one on that actually - with tungsten putty. https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8937&highlight=tungsten+putty+tutorial    To be honest, I'm a bit cautious of posting up some things at times.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 362 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 562 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 255 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 36 6,089 06-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 375 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM
  Shot Zen Satori Darts Review Getagrip 12 406 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM
  Shot Zen: Budo Darts Review Getagrip 4 242 04-28-2021, 02:09 PM
  Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review Getagrip 9 2,452 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 467 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 654 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM