Harrows Darts.

Supergluing flights to stems
Say what?

Yup.

I've been using Storm points, nylon stems and conventional flights for some time now.  With this combo, the flights hardly ever wear out or get damaged.  But the tines of the stems do "relax" after a while and the flights will pop out way too easily.  So I says to myself, why not Superglue them?  If it's a disaster, all it cost is a set each of cheap stems and flights.  But so far, it's not a disaster.  It's great.  The flights stay put, the Storms don't hurt them, and as a bonus it's now impossible for a point to wedge in between a flight and a stem-tine and bust it off, which used to be the one Achilles' Heel.  

Over time, this may turn out to be a bad idea.  But all's good so far!
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I've done the same thing, but usually when the stem is pretty bunged up and not holding the flight tightly while waiting for new stems and flights to arrive.    It does work but, as you already know, you'll have to change out both stems and flights when wanting new stuff.

Now, I just buy stems and flights in bulk and always have replacement stuff on hand.
It might still get robinhooded if your unlucky, if that happens you can toss away both the stem and flight. Also if your grouping is really tight it sometimes helps if your flight pops off. Might work for you but there ain't no glue touching my darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-14-2016, 09:11 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: It might still get robinhooded if your unlucky, if that happens you can toss away both the stem and flight. Also if your grouping is really tight it sometimes helps if your flight pops off. Might work for you but there ain't no glue touching my darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These particular darts and points tend to slide past each other, but I've had others that wouldn't.  I agree with the grouping argument, but it had gotten to the point where it seemed like my flights were popping off all the time.  It was making me unpopular :-)

Would not do it, a) sometimes its beneficial to a flight to pop off b) super glue eats into the stem and the flight, trust me on that...Rather look into an alternative, i can guarantee you the L-Style System holds the flights very well and is a good investment for the money. I got a set of flights that is approx 7 months old and is in good condition. Could post pictures if you are interested.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
With the L-style system, will a flight pop off?

I have used glue in the past and I agree does a good job short term - but only system I have used that all but guarantees the flights stay on the stem are slot rings, I have had to bite flights off the stems before as they stick like the proverbial to a blanket and if you use the titanium slot ring they can last for weeks before you have to think about changing and will take a robin hood or 2 too.

But yes, glued flights work fine IMO.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Why not punch the flights & use titanium slot rings very few if any flight pop outs & you can chop & change flights/stems
(06-14-2016, 10:14 PM)brenthahn Wrote: With the L-style system, will a flight pop off?

Only rarely, when you are putting the third dart between the first two and there is no room for the flight to spin out of the way. My issue with non removable flights is that there are times when the flight being forced off you still score the points and are picking a flight up from the floor rather than picking a dart up and not getting the points.
But the L-Style system is worth the money for me with tridents the flights are lasting months and I've had the shafts since February. Someone else on here had been using their shafts for a over a year when I was researching L Style. 

Another thing to look at would be Shot Condor flights these are moulded flights and shafts but the shafts are flexible. I've not used them myself but I know Getagrip has used them in a review so he can tell you more. https://www.dartswarehouse.com/dart-flig...-3091.html

One80's Interlite system locks the flight in a two piece shaft and seems to be good as well. There is a review video:

(memories, it was this review that bought me to the forum)
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
Your idea reminds me a budget cosmo (or other) type all in one flight and stem system! If you did it with the new target pro grip spinning stems then you could have a spinning version too!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

i use nylon stems and i can keep the same set for months until one of them eventually breaks off where it screws into the dart. as far as the tines getting relaxed i just use some metal rings or springs and when it gets really bad ill bend the ring slightly with some pliers.

i used to tear up flights with regularity but i started using tridents and i have had the same flights on my darts for about 4 months now.

https://www.a-zdarts.com/Products/Triden...black.aspx

the only drawback to the trident is that every once in a while it will hit with an odd angle and careen into an entirely different bed. once i hit a dart that was in 20 and it bounced all the way into the 12 bed. but that doesnt happen all that often. i dont get nearly the bounce outs. flights and stems both are cheap, but its irritating to keep having to replace them and its irritating when you dont pay attention to your inventory and you run out.

edit:

also i just wanted to say that i have very little knowledge of the different slot lock systems and such. i have tried to find some information online but its hard to decipher between what is real and someone being a salesman.

MC
so does my wifes. apparently it has everything in it but her keys. oh wait there they are.
Interesting idea. Solved my problem with good springs. Not the junk they send with stems but the "after market" ones you can get from any online dart site. They wrap around the stem 2 or 3 times and have not had a flight pop out in weeks since starting with them.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone using punched flights on bog standard nylon stems? skinnygav 16 1,685 03-29-2021, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Davey Jones