Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

whats going on? hesitating before i throw?
so i have been playing darts for about 7 months practicing nearly every day everything has been fine. I went on a week boat trip and i got back yesterday and i woke up today and hopped on the practice board and before i throw i'm like hesitating before i throw and it's making me pull my darts down a lot. Before last week i was throwing smooth as ever. But now i'm stopping before i throw, i have only been playing 7 months and i don't know whats going on it feels weird.
Darts - Red Dragon Rowby-John Rodriguez - 26 gram 

Flights - Amazon Standard White Flights

Stems - Target Pro Grip Medium Stems White
I was doing the same thing early on. My dart guru told me to count myself in. 1-2-3-throw. I and 2 are a long exhale, 3 is the drawback, then you throw in rhythm. Worked for me.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Go out to the garden and throw some small rocks straight on. Throw fairly quickly, but not hard enough to injure yourself. Make sure it's safe downrange. Or scrunch up some paper balls and throw them fairly smoothly without hesitation at the wall in front of you. Do that for 1 or 2 minutes.

That should loosen up your muscles or mental muscles.  And when you throw your darts, just think it's like the rock or paper. Don't even bother to think about aiming of hitting anything till your stroke gets smooth and flowing. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-12-2016, 09:11 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Go out to the garden and throw some small rocks straight on. Throw fairly quickly, but not hard enough to injure yourself. Make sure it's safe downrange. Or scrunch up some paper balls and throw them fairly smoothly without hesitation at the wall in front of you. Do that for 1 or 2 minutes.

That should loosen up your muscles or mental muscles.  And when you throw your darts, just think it's like the rock or paper. Don't even bother to think about aiming of hitting anything till your stroke gets smooth and flowing. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good advice here, just stop thinking about your throw.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats the best way to checkout 135? JannerinCardiff 10 572 05-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Leighd89
  Whats Your Pre-Throw Routine/approach Slaterk5 13 881 10-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: OAKZER
  whats the out? 126 skewthrow 27 5,855 03-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Big Gun